Verizon brings us Band 4

ComputerBox34

[H]F Junkie
http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-dramatically-increases-lte-network-capacity-major-cities

2013-12-05_zpsc725d23d.png

Taken by NYC

I just dont see the point with all of these caps. They claim spectrum shortage etc blah yet your able to pump that much data In such little time seems to null their argument. They dont have to do unlimited but they can easily tripple the data offered and drastically lower the overages expense

I just dont see the point with all of these caps. They claim spectrum shortage etc blah yet your able to pump that much data In such little time seems to null their argument. They dont have to do unlimited but they can easily tripple the data offered and drastically lower the overages expense
With these speeds, I can go over 10 gb pretty easily if I got crazy.

The problem they would have is that people would start using phones as their primary internet source. Not sure if they could handle that in highly congested areas such as NYC.

Keep in mind very few phones support this spectrum as the moment - newest Droid phones, iPhone 5s/5c, Galaxy S4, and possibly Moto X. Once people start upgrading and catching up, I expect speeds to drop pretty quickly.

In areas such as mine its the only option I have. Satellite is a joke' both comcast and att are within one mile but for some reason expansion doesnt seem to be in their future plans atm. So smartphone hotspot it is for me. I find that I dont have to be too crazy to burn the data. Updates alone do their major share of damage. Try to have it all done via wifi hotspot somewhere but every now and then something sneaks by and does major damage in no time. I actually want to throttle my speeds than to have somethjng that will load a aadvertisement video that I didnt want to begin with.

Great speed but with those crazy low caps its just kinda like having a Lambo but only being able to drive in a parking lot.

With these speeds, I can go over 10 gb pretty easily if I got crazy.

The problem they would have is that people would start using phones as their primary internet source.

Two things.

1. My phones 4G connection has been my primary internet provider lately.

2. 10GB? 10GB? Really? lol..................................... (Verizon HATES ME!)

kurWBv5.png

I've actually been trying to see how far they'll let me go. :D:eek:

Back