Verizon adding $20/month to unlimited

Liver

Supreme [H]ardness
Have you guys heard of this?

Don't know if my plan is worth another $240 + taxes a year.

That sucks. My monthly bill would increase from $60 to ~$76. Good thing it won't happen for another 2 years since I just locked in the old price with 2-year subsidized upgrade. Hopefully enough customers will voice their complaint to pressure Verizon into reversing their decision.

so if i transfer my upgrade FROM my UDP line i can lock in a 2 year contract?

so if i transfer my upgrade FROM my UDP line i can lock in a 2 year contract?

Yup, that's how I've been extending my UDP line's contracts since they dropped unlimited data. Bout to do it again to get another 2 years at $30/month.

Yup, that's how I've been extending my UDP line's contracts since they dropped unlimited data. Bout to do it again to get another 2 years at $30/month.

But you have to have a line to transfer it too, and that line has to sign up for the current tiered data plan, IIRC.

So in order for me to upgrade my two UDP's, I would need two TDP's to transfer the upgrade to I think. Unless there is some magical way I am missing. I would love to lock in two more years at $30.

But you have to have a line to transfer it too, and that line has to sign up for the current tiered data plan, IIRC.

So in order for me to upgrade my two UDP's, I would need two TDP's to transfer the upgrade to I think. Unless there is some magical way I am missing. I would love to lock in two more years at $30.

A lot of those loopholes require you to jump through hoops especially if you have one UDP line. YMMV until they close the loophole but here's what worked for single UDP line plus Verizon gave $200 service credit towards an old 2008 Sprint phone trade-in.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8123900-verizon-note-5-subsidized-upgrade-while-keeping-unlimited-data-with-200-trade-in-on-any-phone-from-any-carrier

Yes, that is correct. I have my mom on my account with a 2GB plan that my wife and I transfer our upgrades to.

So in order for me to upgrade my two UDP's, I would need two TDP's to transfer the upgrade to I think.

No, that is incorrect. You only need one TDP line to transfer upgrades to. There's no limit as to how many times you can transfer an upgrade to any line. So you could transfer both your UDP lines to the TDP line the same day and get two new phones at subsidized cost while renewing the contracts on both UDP lines.

You have to do all of this online on Verizon's site too, as no brick and mortar store reps will ever be willing to do this for you (in my experience anyways, I've tried a few placed, including a corporate store). So just transfer your upgrade on their site, order the phone on the TDP line, then swap your UDP line's SIM into the new phone when you get it (discard the SIM that comes with the phone).

A lot of those loopholes require you to jump through hoops especially if you have one UDP line. YMMV until they close the loophole but here's what worked for single UDP line plus Verizon gave $200 service credit towards an old 2008 Sprint phone trade-in.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8123900-verizon-note-5-subsidized-upgrade-while-keeping-unlimited-data-with-200-trade-in-on-any-phone-from-any-carrier

My wife's old GS4 and my M8 only appraised at $100. How'd you get $200?

Last edited:
I'm guessing either it was a time limited offer or it saw that it's Sprint so extra incentive for switching to Verizon. Worthwhile to check your Craigslist for a cheapy HTC Touch Pro and ask for MEID in advance to see it's worth before buying.

Back