Verified payPal address -- Jedicake --

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Jedicake -- Refuses to send verified paypal address when sending payment, has sent me payment twice both without selecting a VERIFIED address.

It's not that hard to click your address when sending $$ in paypal to select your VERIFIED address.

In my sales thread I have: (Ship to verified paypal in payment only).

You sent me $ with no address, I refunded and asked for you to put in your address for verification purposes, and security.

You then sent me payment again without selecting your verified address.

A "NOTE" with your address DOES NOT equal PayPal verified address.

I no longer have time to go back and forth with someone who can't follow simple instructions.

Sharing those so others make sure to get address VERIFIED if he attempts to buy from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the difference, if any, between a "confirmed" address and a "verified" address?

PayPal seller protection works when the BUYER selects their confirmed/verified address when sending a SELLER payment.

Putting your address in a "NOTE" doesn't mean anything because I don't know your VERIFIED address, and if it's the real address or not. You could be asking me to ship to some random place, then do a charge-back to me because it never arrived at your "Verified" payPal (on file) address.

It's not hard.

When you send someone $ for Goods/Services you simply SELECT your verified address, and then that is sent to the seller to ship to.

Without doing that the seller (me in this case) has no protection.

So, when a buyer refuses to select their address/send that information over paypal... twice... it's very suspicious.

Does anyone know if you can select the verified address on the mobile site?

It didn't give me options when I sent payment on my phone.

Also i had a security risk on my account a few months ago and had to get a new card. That may have been the issue. I was legitimately confused why it doesn't say confirmed (and verified) anymore.

Well I feel like the world's dumbest person. Ever since I've started using PayPal people have told me to always do "Send money to friends" because they said there's no fee, which does NOT give any options on address. "Pay for goods and services" does give an address option.

I don't expect everyone to believe me after this incident but I'll have to earn people's trust back and like I said in PM, I deeply apologize, I feel incredible stupid.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Apparently I don't know paypal as well as I thought I did.

You are correct.

Gift = No fees. No protection for buyer.
Services/Products = FEes for me/seller but protects buyer and seller.

And I, as well as others appreciate your honesty and coming in here and stating your side.

If a moderator, and you want it removed I think that would be fair. YOu've been up front and honest with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back