Verbatim 4GB USB Drive $17.98 @ OM

MoFo

Quakecon Guy
Verbatim 4GB USB Drive @ OfficeMax
No Rebates Required: Save $32 Instantly!
Final Price After Instant Savings $17.98!
Reg $49.98
Offer Valid: 12/31-1/6.

link

Looks like they are on backorder. At least for my area. Is this online only?

Ordered one, I'll check locally tomorrow as well, would be nice to have a couple of these hanging around....

i just ordered 2, but after i was done ordering it said that i was "outside" their delivery area. I live in Bethesda MD, right up the road from DC, and i dont know how i could be outside the delivery area. Hopefully i get them, thats a KILLER deal.

ordered 2, i wont be suprised if my order is cancelled, its on digg, so im sure there a kajillion people ordering them.

Just ordered two, with shipping to Minnesota. Great if these show up. Still showed as in stock when I did it. Saw it on digg as well, and was headed here (after I did my order) to give you guys a heads up as well.

Subtotal: $35.96
Tax: $2.85
Delivery: $7.95
Grand Total: $46.76

We will see if they show up or not. Figured these would go fast.

Ordered 2. Will see if they show up. Thanks for the heads up.

Hate to rain on the parade here folks, but: I have the 2 GB version of this thumbdrive and it is SLOW AS HELL writing. I have 1 GB thumbdrives that run circles around my 2 GB Verbatim. The 2 GB Verbatim writes slllllllow and the read speed isn't anything to write home about. I ended up using it at work for stuff that I will only be reading from. Went back to my other 1 GB thumbdrive. I don't know if this 4 GB drive will be any faster, but they are they same family (aka Store 'n Go), so I seriously doubt it.

If you are looking for write speed, look elsewhere folks... You've been warned. :p

ir0nw0lf said:
Hate to rain on the parade here folks, but: I have the 2 GB version of this thumbdrive and it is SLOW AS HELL writing. I have 1 GB thumbdrives that run circles around my 2 GB Verbatim. The 2 GB Verbatim writes slllllllow and the read speed isn't anything to write home about. I ended up using it at work for stuff that I will only be reading from. Went back to my other 1 GB thumbdrive. I don't know if this 4 GB drive will be any faster, but they are they same family (aka Store 'n Go), so I seriously doubt it.

If you are looking for write speed, look elsewhere folks... You've been warned. :p

Hey I can always give them out as gifts. :D

wow nice find! I'll definitely be getting some soon. to the reply of the person with the last post was your pc running USB 2.0?

Thanks! Will pick up 1 or 2 tomorrow. I have 2 $10 off cards from officemax for purchases over $20. I will buy some pen or shit for the remaining 2 bucks and round it up to 20 bucks.

ShepsCrook said:
Mine is saying that there might be some instock at a store near me.

I think this message shows up after its no longer available online in your area. When I first saw this thread, I was able to put in my zip code and checkout. Now I get the same exact message you're getting.

I'm pretty sure the majority if not all orders will be canceled..this is clearly a price error.

Z(+)DIAC said:
I'm pretty sure the majority if not all orders will be canceled..this is clearly a price error.

I don't know it might just be a good sale. I ordered 5 for myself and friends..... Hoping I'll get them.

Z(+)DIAC said:

i highley doubt it. most pricing errors are when the decimal is in the wrong place. 17 makes more sense then 170

Agreed. 32 dollars seems like a pretty weird pricing error. Most pricing errors are either decimal place or a digit transposed one over or below.

redboy001 said:
This thread was for a 4gig version. It was only valid for a short time.

If you are referring to the poster above you, than I'm almost 99% positive he understands. He was just pointing out that this clearly was a price mistake, and that the 1gb was to be sold at this price, not the 4gb flavor.

Therefore I highly believe that the majority if not all orders will not be kept.

Well I hope they honor this deal. I ordered 2 at this price. Sweet deal if it goes thru.

decade146 said:
wow nice find! I'll definitely be getting some soon. to the reply of the person with the last post was your pc running USB 2.0?
ROFL, you're kidding right? Every machine I own has USB 2.0. Trust me, it's not my systems, it's just a slow-as-hell thumbdrive. I was pretty upset at how slow the write speed is.

I ordered this last year and it still hasn't shipped or been canceled. Anyone get theirs shipped yet?

AssMan said:
I ordered this last year and it still hasn't shipped or been canceled. Anyone get theirs shipped yet?

Just checked the order via officemax's site. Shows that it has yet to ship.I ordered it over the weekand though and with Monday being new years and today being a holiday for a lot of places due to the former president dieing I don't execpt mine to ship till at least tommorrow if they do honor them.

Has to be an error, because I just checked the local ads for OM..and it said the 1GB Verbatim Thumb Drive was $17.99

BrinNutz said:
Has to be an error, because I just checked the local ads for OM..and it said the 1GB Verbatim Thumb Drive was $17.99

Yea if you go to there site they are running an add for the 1 gig at that price. I hope they honor the 4 gig though. Really as long as they ship me the 4 gigs I ordered(2) or refund my money in the next 2 days or so I don't care. I just don't want them sending me the 1 gig drives or anything like that.

Mines Back Ordered. :(

Funny... I already got a email saying it was sent to the shipping processing center... :confused:

wft officemax?

L1ght said:
Mines Back Ordered. :(

Funny... I already got a email saying it was sent to the shipping processing center... :confused:

wft officemax?

same thing here, even though they already charged my account. retarded

oh.. my order # also changed for some reason. On the email, its one #, then when I log on to officemax.com, its a completely different order #. I wouldn't think anything of it, but the 2 matched perfectly not 12 hours ago. Oh well, time to make a phone call after work.

JamesE said:
oh.. my order # also changed for some reason. On the email, its one #, then when I log on to officemax.com, its a completely different order #. I wouldn't think anything of it, but the 2 matched perfectly not 12 hours ago. Oh well, time to make a phone call after work.
yea i'm with you :(
i'm probally going to call and cancel my order.

Well nuts - Office Max just sent out the cancellation email:

Dear OfficeMax Customer,

This is to advise you that item 21168308 - Verbatim 4GB USB Drive has been canceled from your order due to an inadvertent typographical pricing error on our website. According to the Terms of Use on OfficeMax.com, OfficeMax does not have to honor a price that is a typographical error. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have additional questions, please contact a customer service representative at 1-877-OFFICEMAX.

Well nuts - Office Max just sent out the cancellation email:

Dear OfficeMax Customer,

This is to advise you that item 21168308 - Verbatim 4GB USB Drive has been canceled from your order due to an inadvertent typographical pricing error on our website. According to the Terms of Use on OfficeMax.com, OfficeMax does not have to honor a price that is a typographical error. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have additional questions, please contact a customer service representative at 1-877-OFFICEMAX.

Yea I just got that too. O well

Back