Venom Trailer #2 Is Out

looks interesting?
I find Hardy's human-scenes cringy. Not sure if it's his acting, or if it's a role meant for someone else. Other than this trailer, I'm a fan of his though.
he seems a little, how do I say it nicely, ummm... slow.

Fuck this, I declare here and now, that I'm through with hollywood, until they decide to create actual movies again, and not videogame custscenes, with these sub-par CGI backgrounds, and even more sub-par cgi monsters.

I've been done with comic-book movies since 2012. I hesitate to even call the carbon-copy, international-market-driven, trope-tastic sequel commercials that most of these are "comic-book movies" since the actual comic books are often high quality and have depth. They need to end right now, and those directors/cast/crew whose talent is being sapped by them redirected to actual films.

I've been done with comic-book movies since 2012. I hesitate to even call the carbon-copy, international-market-driven, trope-tastic sequel commercials that most of these are "comic-book movies" since the actual comic books are often high quality and have depth. They need to end right now, and those directors/cast/crew whose talent is being sapped by them redirected to actual films.

The next fad will come along, my guess is video game movies.

At first they will be good, charming, a breath of fresh air, then they'll gradually become cookie cutter sequel bait

IDK what people are talking about, the CGI looks way better than the Venom that we got in the Sam Raimi Spider-man Trilogy.

The other one is Carnage, probably.
In general, I do not know if a practical effect Venom would be possible at modern AAA standards.

However, I am in favor of practical effects whenever possible

Last edited:
In general, I do not know if a piratical effect Venom would be possible with modern AAA standards.

However, I am in favor of practical effects whenever possible

This.

I don't see how practical effect Venom could be possible.

This story is loosely based on "Venom: Lethal Protector" story which was about a six issue arc. He teams up with Spider-man, obviously not in this movie, to fight his other Symbiotes named Scream, Phage, Riot, Lasher, and Agony.

I wish that Sony would have followed the spider-man secrete wars story line instead of this garbage.. oh well...

They, stupidly, don't want to wait until 2020 when they're allowed to do their own live-action Spider-verse storylines without Marvel co-producing. So, instead, they decide to shoot themselves in the foot by making a Spidy-less Venom movie with an origin not at all tied to Spider-man. Even the Ultimate universe Venom origin, which wasn't great, would have been better. Instead they go with whatever the hell this is. Same with the Silver Sable and Black Cat movie they're developing. It would be like making a Brainic movie that has zero ties to Superman.

Venom is my favorite Marvel character and Hardy is probably my favorite actor, so I was freaking thrilled when I first heard about this...but it doesn’t look good. CGI looks really cheesy and trying to do Venom without Spider-Man means they’re going to make up a bunch of goofy shit for any origin story. I want it to be good, but I won’t get my hopes up.

For the record, the enemy they show is Riot, not Carnage, it’s already confirmed. The girl they show is Scream, another symbiote.

This. The dynamic between Eddie, Peter and the symbiote is what makes Venom interesting. That greatly reduces my excitement for the movie. I can't imagine an origin story half as interesting, and the trailer did NOT help.

I hate in comic movies when they put the same powers up against similar same powers. It gets rid of the fun and creativity where if you put a power against a different power it forces to think outside of the box. Looks like it will be the boring clash of Symbiotes in this similar to Hulk vs Abomination. BORING!

I hate in comic movies when they put the same powers up against similar same powers. It gets rid of the fun and creativity where if you put a power against a different power it forces to think outside of the box. Looks like it will be the boring clash of Symbiotes in this similar to Hulk vs Abomination. BORING!

That’s what made Venom and Spider-Man so fun. Same powers, but Venom didn’t trigger Spider-Man’s spidey sense.

Reactions: Rahh
like this
If it does enough for a sequel that is where Carnage will likely be seen. They cast Woody Harrleson as Cletus Kasady for a brief (according to both him and rumors) appearance in the movie.

Please jesus yes - I want Carnage in a movie. My favorite villian (if my handle didn't give that away).

You can joke all you want but homecoming was a good movie and this version of Spider-Man is much better. Although not being a 40 year old playing a 16 year old helps. So they already made him great again
I liked most of the spiderman movies with the exception of Spiderman 3 and the one with Elektro. I do like the new spiderman better

Well it took me a few times to figure out what Venom was saying in that store...hopefully in the theater it won't be just mumbling.

Well it took me a few times to figure out what Venom was saying in that store...hopefully in the theater it won't be just mumbling.

yeah it sounded to me like they changed the voice over.. i'm guessing what he actually says wasn't allowed to be said in a trailer.

Bleh. I like Tom Hardy, but what is it with him in comic book movies and being hard to understand? First Bane and now that "accent" from this movie. Hollywood, please stop forcing actors to put on "Boston" accents. Venom sounds like crap as well. As for the movie itself, it really doesn't seem to know what tone it is going for. There are some pretty wild tonal swings in the trailer. I'm glad they're avoiding to urge to jump straight to Carnage but Riot looks like shit and the few bits of action in the trailer looks rather "meh". I'm not the biggest fan of Venom in general, but the story they're pulling from is really good. So far it doesn't look like the movie is going to be living up to it.

Many British actors can only do (often comically over-done) New York accents, much like Americans actors can only do a recieved or estuary english accent. Hardy is pretty limited in this sense: reasonably good East Coast accent (although he falls in the common pitfall of mixing in New York and Boston-isms here and there), but he can't do any other US/Canadian accent to save his life. Have you heard the mess he made of Appalachian he attempted in The Revenant?

As a Midwesterner living in the UK it's pretty funny going to see American theatre material (and movies) delivered by Brits. Oh, I never knew that all the characters in Of Mice and Men were 1980s Brooklyn transplants :) It's unfortunately one of those annoyimg things you can't unhear once you notice it.

This trailer reminds me soooooo much of Prototype games. I even think that Prototype is inspired by Venom. Or this trailer was inspired by Alex Mercer from Prototype.

I look forward to the spin off movie of Mary Janes childhood. Lol

I highly doubt it. Disney ruined the Marvel universe IMO. This whole A.I.W movie... having Thanos defeat the Hulk without using the power of the infinity gauntlet was just a joke among other issues. Sure it their IP, their movie.. but they have just gone off the rails with I.W. They obviously are not comic book fans... sad... very sad.

Oh boy, a thread pulled from Genmay leaving my comments vulnerable to the masses. Must add appropriate content.

5C324467-8894-42A9-9AD3-CFE9CF0FC801.jpeg
EA6241B4-CE3E-4757-B4F5-53A0C07DF93A.png

I am now 5% sure that’s Carnage in the new trailer! Lol

Well If I remember correctly Carnage was the offspring of Venom, I would maybe see the origin in this movie towards the end or something, but 100% unless Sony is going off the wall the main Vil is not Carnage, If they follow the story of Venom, depending on how they go about it He was the leader of the Earth Attack or the second in command that turns on his leader, I can't remember and they have all these damn split off stories that change things its really convoluted. Blade really paved the way for the antihero but they never really capitalized on it I think they made about 100million off Blade, but for some reason it wasn't until Deadpool that every Investor in Hollywood wants to jump on that ship and ride the 3-5times return value. Venom needed to be rated R as should Spawn, Witchblade, and several other Comic styled character movies, they just aren't done right if not, having Venom or Carnage pg13 is almost impossible while trying to project the realism of the characters.

I predict it will be your typical cookie cutter Marvel film.

Start off with some powerful technology or alien object.
Protagonist fights against antagonist using that technology or object
Protagonist has some sort of inner conflict
Antagonist comes back and defeats protagonist and hurts \ capture loved one in the process
Protagonist is now motivated \ overcomes inner conflict and goes off to defeat antagonist in final showdown.

Or some sort of slight variation of this.

Back