Venice and Voltage

EhJayKim

Limp Gawd
Has anybody else noticed a huge need for lots of voltage once you hit about 550Mhz OC? I really wanted to get a 700Mhz OC and its just getting soooooo hard...trying to come up with all sorts of ways, just experimenting... But, I am about to jump to 1.7V just to get it, my temps under load are 47C so I should be safe right? But, I was just wondering if anybody else saw the same voltage thing as me.

-A

Total lack of info, OP. :p

Anyway, Rev. E can typically do 2.7GHz on 1.55V just fine.

To get to 2.8 it took some power, my 3000 takes a little more than 1.55 to hold 2700 100% stable though. Included more information about your setup ;)

270x10 should work fine with 1.55V startup&vcore. What board are you using?

On my 3000+ venice and chaintech vnf4 ultra it takes 1.6v to get ~2.45ghz stable. I was really hoping for better.

Deus said:
and chaintech vnf4

That may be a large part of your problem. Or it just needs more tweaking. Or you just got one from the shallow end of the pool.

I am using an A8V deluxe, not the best board for oc'ing I know, but its what I have :p

Okay, so you're having trouble getting over 2.55GHz presumably with 255 HT.

Do you have any voltage settings available for LDT & Chipset? LDT 1.4 or 1.5V helps with higher HT clocks, and Chipset I believe was recommended at 1.8V.

What memory ratio & HT multiplier are you using? HT multi should be set to 3 if you go much more than youv'e got now. Memory ratio should be kept low (133ish) until you're done with the CPU then raise it back up as far as is stable.

The only Voltage setting I don't know is V-Link, would that be one of the two? I dont' believe I have those otherwise :( I am on an AMI bios BTW, not pheonix BIOS, just in case the terminalogy is different. Thanks

-A

v-link is probably ht link voltage (or LDT as ash calls it, and many bios's)

Sounds right, plus if it tops out around 1.4~1.5V that'd also be a good sign.

ashmedai said:
Okay, so you're having trouble getting over 2.55GHz presumably with 255 HT.

Do you have any voltage settings available for LDT & Chipset? LDT 1.4 or 1.5V helps with higher HT clocks, and Chipset I believe was recommended at 1.8V.

What memory ratio & HT multiplier are you using? HT multi should be set to 3 if you go much more than youv'e got now. Memory ratio should be kept low (133ish) until you're done with the CPU then raise it back up as far as is stable.

I second this guys advice

Back