Vengeance? Snipers? XMS3? Ripjaws? best 1.5v RAM for SB build...

psyclist

Gawd
Hey guys, ok i put together a comp last month and just jumped on the cheapest RAM option i could find (Patriot Sector 5 1333 CL9) well they wont even do 1333 @ 1.65v so im stuck at 1066 @1.5v right now...

Needless to say im RMAing them, but now ive done a little more research into options and am wondering what people would recommend? Let keep it to reasonably priced kits, as its been shown SB isnt that picky

What are you guys using and have you been able to overclock it at all? Any new stuff just out?

I like the Snipers, for the lowprofile, are they the same IC's as the ripjaws? or possibly Vengeance's? but i hear the heat spreader issues, lowprofile ones? and i also saw some XMS3's that are supposedly now 1.5v...so many choices, im only one man...

Lol 110 views and no help or opinions...went with the Vengeance's lowprofile 1600 CL 9, hopefully i can tighten them up a bit

RAM is RAM is RAM. Timings stopped being a meaningful number a couple of DDR revisions ago.

Heatspreaders are there to keep your wallet cooler. Not much else.

IMO they are all about the same. Theres like 4-5 brands all 1600 9-9-9-24 1.5v. All that really matters is they are forsure compatible with your mobo/setup and you get a good deal $. Newegg did have a sale on G.skill Rips 8gb 1600 was like $43 shipped yesterday iirc

I bought the snipers because they color cordinated with my EVGA motherboard :rolleyes:

Back