Vendors price difference on the Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero

rod1105

n00b
Hi All - new member here. I'm looking into starting a new build soon and was reviewing this Asus ROG Crosshair VI motherboard as an option. Amazon is currently listing it at $169 but Microcenter has it for $120. They appear to be the exact same board but I wanted to run this by the forum in case there's more than one flavor of this model. Thanks!

It is 3-year old board 2 generations behind. MC just trying to get rid of it because there are better and cheaper options available for AM4.

Actually Amazon and MC sell a different version - amazon's one is regular Hero, MC is Hero Wi-FI AC. You can check for differences here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...FnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/edit#gid=2112472504
Wow - nice info. Appreciate it.
I'm now leaning towards an X570 model after some additional research due to the PCIe 4.0 slots and support for future Rygen 4 CPUs. Only main caveat is finding one - amazing how many of these MBs are out of stock.

I'm now leaning towards an X570 model after some additional research due to the PCIe 4.0 slots and support for future Rygen 4 CPUs. Only main caveat is finding one - amazing how many of these MBs are out of stock.

If you do not care about PCIe4.0 SSD and do not have definite plan to upgrade to next Ryzen CPU while keeping the same M/B, then get a good (and cheap) B450 board.
Otherwise get a decent X570 board at MC with combo discount. I got Asus Prime X570-Pro for like 180 bucks last August at MC and quite happy with that.

Back