Velocity introduces [H] exclusive PC!

the extra $$ for the name and support is not the problem guys, it's a given with these types of systems, it's lack of choice of parts that was an issue ^^

Velocity_Micro,

I was trying to configure a system, but I noticed a problem. Under the video cards, if you select the "512MB EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX", it says that an LXe or GX2 case is required. However, there is no option to select an LXe or GX2 case. Can you make one of them available, preferably a windowed case, such as the LXe-W or GX2-W? I don't mind paying the price difference as long as it's reasonable.

I was going to be building a new machine soon, but your prices are very reasonable with this deal and I'm considering buying a PC from you. I just need to know what it would cost with one of the above cases.

Much better! I like the better mobo, and with some of the other options, makes much more sense for recommending to friends.

Is this going to be an on-going offer or limited time?

That's awesome now! *Now* it does exactly what you set out to do. I'm definitely pondering this, as I love your work...

Only things left are still the operating system choices... No option for "none" or some flavor of XP, and I'll second the question as to why Vista 64 costs an extra $15.

Velocity Micro, I just saw this thread today, I'm looking over your choice of parts and I don't see what the stink is all about. For a boutique-built PC, this really is a kickass deal. Especially on the CPUs. Hell, this is an extraordinary deal when I think about what one of those QX chips costs retail.

If I hadn't just dropped $2k on a laptop, I'd be seriously interested in this. I suppose this deal will be gone by the time I'm actually ready to buy.

The original deal, before Mr. Copeland improved it, was very sparse.

There was only 1 CPU and 1 or 2 GPUs. It has been much improved since then.:D

Randy, what about my little suggestions? Those few things could drop the price another 50-100 into the sub 800 dollar range :D

sweet mother of....

nice options. The cpu options are excellent. Considering the price of those highend cpu's, I think you'll probably do very nicely.

I would have bit too except I wanted TRISLI but damn if I still aint thinking about it :)

thanks again for offering [H] a deal and listening to our critiques. You're right when u say, you can't please everyone but you're sure as hell doing a plus by listening.

Since Hardocp users are mostly considered "advanced", this computer for Hardocp users only doesn't really fit. Things that would really make this computer "fit" would be the option for a second hard drive, the option to have a second DVD burner instead of just a CD burner, and the option to have Windows XP added.

Mike, did u read the first page? The theme was changed to barebones. The advanced stuff really isn't applicable.

Good job on responding to our feedback Velocity team. Looks a lot better now. Too bad I don't need to build a new rig at the moment, but I'd snag one of these if I did.

A lot of H'ers just dont understand the concept of barebones. It means, not much but a start. Not Velocity offering everything they have.

A good start, I guess. Memory pricing isn't too silly, for once.

Could certainly use more config options, a few I noticed in particular:

Needs motherboard choices.
Could use different CPU choices (e.g. Q6600 is still extremely popular!)
There should be an option of "none" for Hard Drive 1, Optical Drive 1, and OS (Choice of Vista or Vista, yay?)
Video card prices are a little odd.

Is VM like a sponser of H ? I guess it's cool that they post their stuff in here as long as H gets benefits , but thinking that base config is a deal?? umm no, knock off 400 smackers from that system and I'd buy it.

Does anyone know how long this deal is supposed to last? Does it end today or will continue past Memorial Day weekend? I'm waiting for the Velocity_Micro rep to respond to my question which I posted a few posts above, but I don't think I will get a response until tomorrow, which will be too late if the deal ends today.

The special system configurator is available all week long until Friday morning.

Have you had a chance to look into my question? I was trying to configure a system, but I noticed a problem. Under the video cards, if you select the "512MB EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX", it says that an LXe or GX2 case is required. However, there is no option to select an LXe or GX2 case. Can you make one of them available (preferably in black)?

I went, I looked, I did a quick configuration with a few upgrades ... came to $1,250

The rig in my sig was $1500 and that was completely built by you guys (minus the soundcard - I just got that :D).

Someday I will learn to build and yes, I probably will start with a barebones so I don't completely fubar everything up ... but I think it's just a little expensive - even the default, nothing upgraded/added. On the other hand, I DO love my lian-li cases ;)

I went, I looked, I did a quick configuration with a few upgrades ... came to $1,250

The rig in my sig was $1500 and that was completely built by you guys (minus the soundcard - I just got that :D).

Someday I will learn to build and yes, I probably will start with a barebones so I don't completely fubar everything up ... but I think it's just a little expensive - even the default, nothing upgraded/added. On the other hand, I DO love my lian-li cases ;)

To be fair, I customized a maxed out system with an Intel QX6850 and GeForce 9800 GTX and it came to slightly under $1,800. When parted out on Newegg, it was actually CHEAPER to buy from Velocity Micro. That's why I'm waiting for an answer to my question about the 9800 GTX and case issues, I need to know whether to buy from Velocity Micro or build my own rig.

man, cheaper AND you get their super uber case? I really like their cases so say what u want.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this question.

For now we do have a GX2 available on the configurator. The GX case will also work for the 9800GTX.

Thanks!

never bought VM, only built my own, but for some reason.. I do love VM.. Thanks for thinking of the [H]

Honestly if you want a prebuilt system and don't want to fiddle with putting a system together or don't know how to build a system from just parts, this is a good deal. Around the same price of an equivalent Dell system but your support must be better than Dell's as they were found guilty for fraud, specifically related to customer support, by the state of New York (link).

Note to VM:
You might want to make sure that the PSU people select will work with their selections. For example, I don't think that a 400W (or may be even a 500W) PSU would work for a 9800GTX and a QX6850.

Some general questions that someone here might have (but not me as I build my own):
How much, if any, overclocking could you do to a system before you void the warranty?
Do you ship outside of the US?
Could someone buy individual parts form you, like a case, without having to buy an entire system?

VM folks - thanks for the concept, and for sticking around to read the criticisms and suggestions.

a few ideas to improve on a cool concept ...

* offer more high end options.
* offer some cutting edge stuff, like the new VelociRaptor HDDs, and some X48 mobos.
* add some sort of limited edition graphics, paint, engraving, etc. i realize it can't be anything like the [H] trademark, but there's lots of other cool stuff that could make it a real "limited edition".
* gigabyte mobos
* a bunch of cpu cooler options
* more corsair memory options, including some 1066
* a special edition notebook w/ 10-12" display

Some general questions that someone here might have (but not me as I build my own):
How much, if any, overclocking could you do to a system before you void the warranty?
Could someone buy individual parts form you, like a case, without having to buy an entire system?

We do ship outside the US - pretty much to anywhere.
We do sell parts through our outlet store - but unfortunately, no cases.
Saving the best for last - not sure if you are asking about Velocity performing overclocking or if your question is related to the customer overclocking their PC? We do overclock - naturally supporting customer overclocks can be a slippery slope. If you want to PM me with more details, I'll get in touch with our support team and post the answers.

Thanks!

VM folks - thanks for the concept, and for sticking around to read the criticisms and suggestions.

a few ideas to improve on a cool concept ...

* offer more high end options.
* offer some cutting edge stuff, like the new VelociRaptor HDDs, and some X48 mobos.
* add some sort of limited edition graphics, paint, engraving, etc. i realize it can't be anything like the [H] trademark, but there's lots of other cool stuff that could make it a real "limited edition".
* gigabyte mobos
* a bunch of cpu cooler options
* more corsair memory options, including some 1066
* a special edition notebook w/ 10-12" display

Thanks for the suggestions - they are much appreciated. We've learned a lot from this thread and will continue to develop exclusive offers for the [H] community based on your interests.

Without divulging too much prematurely, I can say that we do have several of these suggestions in development and I'll announce them here as soon as they launch.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

[21CW]killerofall;1032548714 said:
Honestly if you want a prebuilt system and don't want to fiddle with putting a system together or don't know how to build a system from just parts, this is a good deal. Around the same price of an equivalent Dell system but your support must be better than Dell's as they were found guilty for fraud, specifically related to customer support, by the state of New York (link).

Note to VM:
You might want to make sure that the PSU people select will work with their selections. For example, I don't think that a 400W (or may be even a 500W) PSU would work for a 9800GTX and a QX6850.

Killer, PSU options - now that is an excellent idea!

I've been thinking in general (when I can lay my hands on some cash) of upgrading my graphics card. My VM has a 500w PSU so I will have to call Tech support and find out what my options are.

If I were to buy the barebones and have the option of upping the PSU that would be great! OC I don't do, stock speed is fine. RAM options would be nice and

The case, OMG the case VMs come in are amazing, truly. They weigh a ton, granted. But they're clean, sleek, no sharp edges, the front bezel comes off without having an anyerism if needs be, tons of room, the HD on the bottom with the 120mm fan blowing over them is ingenious.

Tech support (especially night -no offence day techs!) is really great.

I'm starting to think more and more once I get my current computer paid down (cause no matter what, it's still just not quite right and gods know Tech support has tried) of getting one of these barebones and teaching myself how to do some things - without having to worry about blowing something up!

toddles off singing "oh I'm a just a girl"

To the VM Rep:

Your new configuration looks really good. You've done a great job of listening to everyone here, and I think the choices you offer are pretty darn good now. Thanks for taking the time to accept input.

I'd still recommend offering the budget-minded X-Fi Xtreme Gamer as your sound card choice rather than the Xtreme Audio (seeing as the Xtreme Audio doesn't use a real X-Fi chip, so no hardware EAX support or DirectSound3D acceleration, etc.) but that's the only thing I'd change. I think the price is decent considering the build quality and support, and your case choices are great too.

I definitely applaud VM for doing this, I have always been impressed with their products, so please give them a chance, and work with the Co. Why is that so difficult?

I also find that the President and CEO personally came and answered here shockingly refreshing given the amount of rudeness in today's world. :)

The bashing is not [H] worthy either. :D

Damn, I found out about this way too late, I doubt I can do anything in a day and a half.... not even.

I definitely applaud VM for doing this, I have always been impressed with their products, so please give them a chance, and work with the Co. Why is that so difficult?

I also find that the President and CEO personally came and answered here shockingly refreshing given the amount of rudeness in today's world. :)

ditto that. i have pretty much just been a newegg and microcenter (local store) customer recently, but to see a company reach out like this and take the time to ask for, receive, and act on criticism is pretty refreshing. i'll definitely be checking out VM for my next laptop purchase.

Back