Velociraptor oem 300GB 159.99

A person looking for really fast OS drive with a decent amount of space would be nuts not to jump on this deal. These are awesome drives. For desktop performance it doesn't get much better than this with the exception of SSD and really expensive 15k SAS drives.

Corsair Dominator DHX 6GB DDR3 1600MHz (3x2GB) Triple Channel Kit - OEM - TR3X6G1600C8D crazy price, in for set myself. NE is +$100.

Nice price on WD drive btw.

PS got confirmation#s, will see if it stands.

Last edited:
Comes up as Corsair Dominator DHX 6GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x3GB) Triple Channel Kit - OEM - TR3X6G1600C8D for me?
Is the description and picture wrong? Triple channel kit should be 3X2GB correct? I don't see how it could be triple channel if you only get 2 dimms.

Delete the picture and change the discription to this:

Corsair Dominator DHX 6GB DDR3 1600MHz (3x2GB) Triple Channel Kit - OEM - TR3X6G1600C8D

Shipping is $11 to Dallas... still not bad for $170 shipped. Nice to not have to deal with MIRs.

There goes the memory :(

Thank you for shopping with Digital Storm Online! Your order has been cancelled because:

OUT OF STOCK

Sincerely,
Digtal Storm Sales Department

Guess I'll try for the HD :)

Someone looking to buy a Velociraptor is in it for the performance, not storage space. In that case, wouldn't it make more sense to invest in an SSD at this point?

this is a cold deal
you can buy a 1.5TB for 100 bucks.
unless this drive is 50x faster it's not worth it:rolleyes:

Apparently you don't know anything about hard drives.

The "out of stock" excuse is kinda lame, looks more like the price was a mistake and they should have simply said so and canceled the orders. Doing the "out of stock" bit then correcting the price just gives the appearance of a classic bait-n-switch.

My2c

this is a cold deal
you can buy a 1.5TB for 100 bucks.
unless this drive is 50x faster it's not worth it:rolleyes:

Maybe for you, storage is not the same as OS/Application drives though.

Even my Raptor X kicks the crap out of the 1.5TB drives.

Too bad the deal is dead. I got mine on Ebay a few months ago for $152 for a slightly use (one month) one. This was a great deal though.

I almost bit on this in the morning a few seconds after you posted it, but then I looked at the 2009 3.5" HD charts on Tom's Hardware. Looks like the newest seagate drives with the 500GB platters are outperforming the newer raptors.

I almost bit on this in the morning a few seconds after you posted it, but then I looked at the 2009 3.5" HD charts on Tom's Hardware. Looks like the newest seagate drives with the 500GB platters are outperforming the newer raptors.
In what though? Higher transfer rates? Probably. Better access times? The 7200.12's can't even touch a Velociraptor. Same with I/O performance. Average desktop use is going to rely much more on access times and I/O rather than large file transfers.

sorry I stumbled across that deal while googling oem vr drives. Thought I would post it.

I used to have a link for a place that sold them dirt cheap (rebadged) anyone know what it is>? If not I have to do a restore on my xp to find it lol.

Back