Vega's Quad-SLI 3GB GTX580 sub-zero liquid cooled build

I say swap out the water and go colder just to crush every one else. Those are some just silly temps. Some crazy nice OC's for 24/7. Gratz on the build.

Wow, just wow.

You should set up a speaker next to the PC that just loops the song from the title screen to Halo. It would set the mood for the appropriate level of awe that fortunate onlookers should be experiencing. ;)

Awesome temps. I wonder how long the CPU can last at that voltage even with those temps. Done a Intel Burn Test or Prime 95 stability run yet?

go colder once you see that -15f water temp you get hooked. i just built my chiller and all its cooling is a 955be at 4.4Ghz 1.725v core and my cpu temp at load is about 3-4c. The cold water antifreeze mix way outperforms -2c water. how many btu is you ac and how well does it hold the load? depending on you ac you might not be ably to get much colder then you already are though

All of that information is in the thread. Did a quick test down to -28C. The issue is there is no point in going that cold if you have to dump tons of voltage to get the super high clocks. Even super cold that voltage will kill the chip if its not just for quick runs. I have built the machine for 24/7 gaming not for benchmarks only.

Dang man- that is just amazing. Looks pretty crazy with all the coating. Looking forward to seeing some actual performance numbers on that beast.

What sort of off-set do you have underneath your motherboard and/or are you keeping it tilted at a slight angle? It seems likes once you hit the more humid months that even with your level of insulation your could still get some water beads that either just sit on your sealant or worse, drip to pool underneath your board and shorting it from below.

WTF your building. Awesome rig. Can see theres a lot of hard work that went into that rig. Do you have your own powerstation in your backyard?

As previously said: holy fuck.

So, how often does Blanka have to come by and charge the battery this thing must run on to avoid browning out the entire block? :)

Vega you are a fucking [H]ard God with that machine. I envy it and I love reading about your experience.

Either you got money growing on trees or balls the size of grapefruits to have the wherewithal to make a PC like this. It doesn't even look like a PC anymore, it looks like a Frankenstein creation. Obviously Vega deserves some sort of [H] award for being more [H] than anyone of us will ever be.

amazing work you've done here.

just curious, but why not go for an sr-2 setup and dual-hex that bad boy?

Kill-A-Watt surprisingly showing I am only using ~1100 watt with the following settings for initial testing:

Testing.jpg

F1 2010 with ~2900 MB VRAM usage 4x AA just a hair under 60 FPS. Min 49 FPS not too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZqS1wsGTc

Been lurking on this build for a while and it's just immense. I'd love to see a shot of the whole rig setup, what your workstation looks like and maybe a vid to get a feel of what it's like to sit behind the reins of this beast.

Great work and go have some fun!

Vega did your GPU-Z not tell you to upgrade to 0.53 or is that shot old?

Thanks for the video and including everyone in this incredible build. Cant wait to see more of this; the rig, tests, benchmarks, gaming etc. :D

Back