Vega's Perfect Motion Clarity 2D Lightboost Titan Portrait Surround Gloss Build

Awesome as always Vega. Also,

IqPTbac.jpg

Maximum Swag.

I thought I was doing well with my little 3770k and 690 setup but no, this is just on a whole different level.

Well done sir, you have done the PC gaming master race proud.

Now we wait for the day that they can cram that kind of gpu power into a single gpu...

Maximum Swag.
I thought I was doing well with my little 3770k and 690 setup but no, this is just on a whole different level.

Well done sir, you have done the PC gaming master race proud.

Now we wait for the day that they can cram that kind of gpu power into a single gpu...

pcgamingmasterrace.jpg

I'm jealous.... that's one hell of an incredible rig. You could practically charge for sessions playing with it.... ;)!

That rig is absolutely insane. Looking forward to seeing the Tomb Raider test eventually.

Just read through the whole thread... so tempted now to try out a 2d lightboost monitor.

Now that you've had some time to play with the lightboost 2d monitor(s) (1920x1080) vs. using an IPS display (2560x1600), would you say for gaming it's worth it?

what's crazy is that it drops below 100FPS at some time

pcgamingmasterrace.jpg

I'm jealous.... that's one hell of an incredible rig. You could practically charge for sessions playing with it.... ;)!

rofl. best pic ever on this topic :D

as for crysis3, this just shows what insane requirements that game has. especially when you want to stay at constant 120 fps.

going to watch vega's videos when i'm at home.

Vega, how do you find the colour on these after configuration? I'm seriously looking into picking one up, but I'm terrified of leaving my IPS colours behind :(

This shit be bangin'? lol

Crysis 3 Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh5lL8GbYTQ

I think this may be the most demanding game I've tried, keeps the four Titans usually 90+% usage. Anyone know of anything else more demanding? The graphics are gorgeous.

I think C3 is the most demanding these days. Sleeping Dogs was previously one of the hardest games so you can try that, there's a demo version for free on steam.

Awesome Build. Can you give some more info on the monitors, how do you have them mounted? Are they on a WSGF? How hard was removing the bezels?

This shit be bangin'? lol

Crysis 3 Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh5lL8GbYTQ

I think this may be the most demanding game I've tried, keeps the four Titans usually 90+% usage. Anyone know of anything else more demanding? The graphics are gorgeous.

The new Tomb Raider comes to mind. At 2560x1600 with everything max except for 2x SSAA it gives my four 4GB 670's a run for their money....

Where as Crysis 3 at max doesn't hurt that bad at the same resolution...

30 feet or so. I am using powered active USB extension cable and 24 gauge DL-DVI 35 foot cables. I found them at Sewell direct for $9 each I was floored and snatched three up! Everything works awesome. You need 24 gauge thick-ass cables when going this length. ;)

You have a link to those DVI cables you purchased? I'm looking for some myself now.

Awesome Build. Can you give some more info on the monitors, how do you have them mounted? Are they on a WSGF? How hard was removing the bezels?

How did you mount the monitors after being debezeled?

The monitors aren't really "mounted". These panels have a floating chassis design and are literally taped to the back of the LCD panels with four pieces of tape. The design is secured once you put them in the display "case/bezel". Since you remove that when you de-bezel them, you have nothing to secure them to and support the weight.

My panels are literally sitting on rubber bumpers on the bottom, and are supported from tipping over by being zip tied to the stock stand in the back. It actually works pretty good for landscape, but could not work for landscape unless you designed something custom from the bottom. I could get it to work as I always do, but I am not a landscape guy.

You have a link to those DVI cables you purchased? I'm looking for some myself now.

I got them from http://sewelldirect.com but I cannot find them anymore. Maybe you can search. I queried Sewell before I ordered because a 35 foot 24 gauge DVI cable for the price was an awesome price.

The new Tomb Raider comes to mind. At 2560x1600 with everything max except for 2x SSAA it gives my four 4GB 670's a run for their money....

Where as Crysis 3 at max doesn't hurt that bad at the same resolution...

You are saying Tomb Raider at max has a lower FPS than Crysis 3 max? That is the first I've heard of that. May have to give it a try.

The monitors aren't really "mounted". These panels have a floating chassis design and are literally taped to the back of the LCD panels with four pieces of tape. The design is secured once you put them in the display "case/bezel". Since you remove that when you de-bezel them, you have nothing to secure them to and support the weight.

My panels are literally sitting on rubber bumpers on the bottom, and are supported from tipping over by being zip tied to the stock stand in the back. It actually works pretty good for landscape, but could not work for landscape unless you designed something custom from the bottom. I could get it to work as I always do, but I am not a landscape guy.

Is the back panel strong enough to epoxy to a dremelled down "case/bezel" do you think? It'd be nice to retain the stock look at the back and any rotate/tilt/height adjust while keeping no bezels.

You are saying Tomb Raider at max has a lower FPS than Crysis 3 max? That is the first I've heard of that. May have to give it a try.

Yeah based on my non scientifically tests with my 4 670's. Of course I believe Tomb Raider is so much harder on them due to the 4xSSAA. Taking it down to 2xSSAA made things a little more bearable.

Is the back panel strong enough to epoxy to a dremelled down "case/bezel" do you think? It'd be nice to retain the stock look at the back and any rotate/tilt/height adjust while keeping no bezels.

having previously debezeled monitors, i can say that it is not recommended to drill into the monitor. You have about a 1-2mm thick piece of alu separating the panel and the logic board, so drilling is generally out of the question unless you have a super precise drill for surgery etc. Epoxy might work, but i doubt it would last for long. Maybe concrete glue. You could try and solder it on, i don't know what the heat damage might due.

If you really de-bezeled the monitor to the point where the panel can be picked up with nothing else, you could just drill the needed holes without worrying about piercing logic boards.

Yes, it is strong enough. The back of the plastic case is where the VESA mounts into. Of course cutting the case is a permanent modification.

Yeah based on my non scientifically tests with my 4 670's. Of course I believe Tomb Raider is so much harder on them due to the 4xSSAA. Taking it down to 2xSSAA made things a little more bearable.

Ya, AA settings can be huge performance game changers, so I always try and keep the AA settings equal if possible. You don't need high AA settings with 3x multi-monitor setups IMO. You don't sit close enough to the large multi-monitor setups to need all this crazy high AA settings. Basic FXAA/SMAA work really well. High AA settings are really only needed for single 1080P images as the pixel density is just too low and it makes it harder to smooth edges.

You can get 25 foot dvi-d cables from http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/dvi-cables/index.htm I have one I used on my dell 3007 and it worked perfect.

I think he was really curious as I posted that I got the good 24 gauge DVI cables in 35 foot length for something crazy cheap like $12 each from Sewell. I don't know if it was an incorrect price or what, but that's what I got them for.

having previously debezeled monitors, i can say that it is not recommended to drill into the monitor. You have about a 1-2mm thick piece of alu separating the panel and the logic board, so drilling is generally out of the question unless you have a super precise drill for surgery etc. Epoxy might work, but i doubt it would last for long. Maybe concrete glue. You could try and solder it on, i don't know what the heat damage might due.

If you really de-bezeled the monitor to the point where the panel can be picked up with nothing else, you could just drill the needed holes without worrying about piercing logic boards.

I don't think he meant drill into the back of the LCD panel/chassis PCB cage, but just the black plastic "case" of the monitor. In order to "secure" the panel to the cut/modified you would still need some sort of double stick tape/epoxy or the like. I personally prefer servo tape as it is super strong.

Agreed Vega about the AA. Although it does make some difference she i play on my 30's. Of course it can also be said that I probably sit too close. :D

Tomb Raider may still be worth a look though. If nothing else it is a great game to play through. I can't recommend it enough (and I've never finished a previous game in the series)

Nice system again. You were the inspiration for my 4-way build and will look what you do next gen around as I keep trying to game at 7680x1600. Hopefully memory bandwidth continues to improve :D

Did a little Crysis 3 myself before coming in to work this morning. At 7680x1600 stayed in the low 50's and very high 40's on some outdoor and indoor scenes. Used SMAA Low and High for Shading (instead of very high). It was really fluid (thought it was actually 60fps, till I looked). Impressed with my little machine. I imagine with Titans instead of 670's I could have maxed out the graphics.

Back