Vega Nano In Disguise? (Sapphire Pulse 56 & Powercolor Vega Nano)

Neapolitan6th

[H]ard|Gawd
So I saw the news that sapphire is planning to release a new Vega 56 card. Then I saw this photo:
2914410-xl-d.jpg

Immediately my mind screamed Vega Nano! The PCB is only as long as the PCIE slot thanks to HBM. Also, the IO only occupies a single slot like the original Fury Nano.

Since an actual Vega Nano has been MIA since it was initially teased, (thanks inflated prices) I believe this Sapphire card may be the closest we ever get to a true Vega Nano.

Now the biggest issue: the cooler would obviously have to go, but how would one adapt another itx cooler design while maintainting acceptable performance?

Perhaps the prior Nano cooler/waterblock could be adapted, but I don't believe the mounting spacing is the same between Fury and Vega GPUs. Worst comes to worst, I think a bracket could be made to adapt an AIO for use on the vega die.

Obviously none of this may matter if prices stay like they do, but if they do ever go back down to $400 USD, this card could make for a fun project.

Link to Scan product listing.

Last edited:
It is now on sale at Newegg for $750

Link

Someone please buy it and stick an aio on it so I don't have to (y)

Youtube comparison to the Fury Nano.

Length of the PCB is 15.5cm (6.102 inches)

Last edited:
This looks like a real Nano.
Yeah hopefully this is becoming a real thing. Sad its coming so late, but it would still be the most powerful card of its size. The zotac 1080ti mini perhaps being a better option for those with a case that supports its additional length.

An overclocker named Buildzoid got their hands on some PCB photos of it. He goes through a thorough analyisis of the components it uses and what you should expect regarding VRM heat generation.

Video Link

Might actually be a bad idea to go the AIO route with it as it could be hard to properly cool the VRMs that way. Time will tell. Maybe someone could get on board designing a waterblock for it. I'd have higher hopes of that happening only if Linus Tech Tips gets their hands on these and convinces EK to design a block for it like they have in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boil
like this
Vega nano is out in the wild, they scrapped the tiny heatsink because even in Nano form the V56 is too power hungry and they can't get enough yield for the normal 56/64 cards anyways. The XFX V56 I had before with a short PCB identified itself as Vega Nano. AIO cooling and universal blocks are not practical, not enough space. The power plugs are too close as are the VRM components which are taller in Z-height than the die.

Apart from EK or someone making a custom full cover block you're best to stick with the stock HSF.

The Powercolor Vega 56 Nano has been shown off at Computex:
jripQjjPPilOPnvw.jpg

Here is look at how it physically compares to the original Fury Nano:

Back