VEGA 56 OWNERS - anyone found a guide to flash the Vega 64 BIOS?

Discussion in 'AMD Flavor' started by y0bailey, Sep 2, 2017.

1. y0bailey

y0bailey Gawd

Title says it all. I snagged a Vega 56 from newegg (stupid bundle but I was planning on buying Wolfenstein anyways so I only overpaid $40). I usually don't "early adopt" but in this case I wanted to before they "patched" the 56 to 64 BIOS flash.

That being said, I can't find a damn guide anywhere on how to do it safely. I know there are 2 bios's on the card so it should be pretty fail-safe, but still...would like confirmation before I brick my card.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. _mockingbird

_mockingbird Limp Gawd

3. y0bailey

y0bailey Gawd

Alright then! Easy peasy. Thanks man!

4. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD Gawd

Hopefully they don't patch this for first wave of non-reference cards, could be a sweet deal, personally I just don't fancy stock fan solution.

5. Maddness

Maddness Gawd

Make sure to let us know how you get on.

6. ccityinstaller

ccityinstaller 2[H]4U

I will be doing this as soon as my 56 from NE arrives as well. Has anyone had any luck getting a brand other then the Power Color? I have always used Sapphire branded cards since I went to watercooling. MSI cards did me well when I was still on air, but I could not get either one so I had to get the Power Color. Hopefully it is well built.

7. y0bailey

y0bailey Gawd

My 390 I'm rocking for the past 2 years is a powercolor. No issues. Haven't had to RMA anything, so no idea how they do there.

8. Kardonxt

Kardonxt 2[H]4U

I wouldn't worry about this being patched, it's essentially just overclocking the card and adjusting power limits. It's not like you are unlocking shaders or anything fancy.

JustReason likes this.
  9. _chesebert_

_chesebert_ n00bie

You are also upping the HBM2 voltage, which you would not be able to do in either Wattwan or power table.

10. Kardonxt

Kardonxt 2[H]4U

I lumped that into adjusting power limits but yes, that is correct.