Veeam temporary snapshot not removed

Hi guys i have a vm where the backup temp snapshot didn't get removed so it had about 3 temp snapshots.

From what I gather the best way is to take a snapshot and then delete all.

Problem is it's going to like 99% then to 0% then 1% then 99% then 2% then 99% , then 0% etc

The delta is only 10gb or so on each snapshot.

Last edited:
Is this an IO intensive server, what type of storage is it running on? What mode are the Veeam jobs running in, are you attaching the snapshots to a Veeam proxy and reading them from there? If so, check to make sure you don't have the disk attached to the proxy still.

I commented about this in your other post about the DC. Same applies here. Most likely your infrastructure, but would need more information.

First, check your proxy server to make sure it still does not have the snapshot mounted. It will appear as like Hard Disk 2 in the VM configuration. Remove it from the server but do not delete. Then try to delete all snapshots.

Also, have you tried deleting the snapshot when the server is powered off?

what did veeam support say ?

Hi guys i have a vm where the backup temp snapshot didn't get removed so it had about 3 temp snapshots.

From what I gather the best way is to take a snapshot and then delete all.

Problem is it's going to like 99% then to 0% then 1% then 99% then 2% then 99% , then 0% etc

The delta is only 10gb or so on each snapshot.

Back