Vector Creation Help

LostPuppy

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

I'm trying to copy a design off a shirt and turn it into a vector so I can laser etch it on the side of my computer case. Problem is, I am absolutely horrible at drawing (both on paper and digitally). I can design web elements and am a wizard in photoshop but can't for the life of me draw.

Could anyone help me out and draw this eagle from the shirt out in illustrator?

[Edit: going to upload better pics from a scan and not a photo]

I do web development so if you need any work done on your site, or features added, maybe some custom scripting I could repay you that way. or if you have paypal or something I could send a couple $ your way and buy you a coffee for your time.

any help would be great!

Thanks,

-LP

Last edited:
What makes vector artwork easy is if you have a very clean, flat and high-resolution piece to work with. A lot of programs have an "edge-detect" function basically just making the entire artwork for you with minimal clean up.

Unlikely i'd be able to help you without something better than that picture.

Yeah, you really need a better pic of the artwork you want transferred. Get an image that's straight on, higher contrast, and higher resolution.

Whether someone is going to try and trace it out manually or run it through an auto-vector-converter, a better image is going to be required.

Scan it if you have access to the shirt.

Either way, that is going to take quite a while to work with. It's too complex for traditional edge detect methods to get 100% right. It will require quite a bit of cleaning.

You may be able to find some PD line art that is similar enough to meet your needs, though.

Thanks guys,

yeah I found some similar but quite accurate enough vectors online. I figured it would have to be done by hand, I could do the trace.

Okay I will scan the shirt this weekend and upload the files, thanks for all the advice guys.

Back