Various Star Wars games on sale on Steam, GoG, Microsoft Store, Epic

maro

Gawd
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/starwarsday2021

With May 4th upcoming, Steam has an excuse to have a sale. Numerous Star Wars titles. Perhaps more warm than [H], I didn't notice anything spectacularly priced but Fallen Order or Squadrons for $20 seems ok. Likely won't be the only sales on SW stuff in the next few days...

Just a heads up

*edit* If for some reason you prefer Microsoft Store they now have some SW titles on sale too.

and for those of you who prefer DRM free on the older titles GoG has also started their May the Fourth sale

https://www.gog.com/partner/star_wars

*May 1 edit* Epic now has discounts on a few SW titles

Last edited:
I recommend Fallen Order and Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy if you don't have them.

I'm tempted to buy Rebel Assault 1 + 2 because of nostalgia. I played them a lot when I was a little kid; the first one I would play at a neighborhood friend's house. Parents got us the sequel, though. I suspect they don't hold up at all.

Reactions: maro
like this
Jedi Outcast was the greatest multiplayer game ever in my opinion. And my clan, .:LM:., was one of the best. ;)

like this
How is multiplayer Squadrons? A lot of the steam reviews just talk about the story portion.

Last edited:
Only SW games I ever really played were Kotor, EaW, and my go-to classic: galactic battlegrounds.

Man would I love to see a DE-esque remake of that.

I'd recommend Battlefront 2 if anyone hasn't played it yet.

Battlefront 2 is superior to BF1 in essentially every way.

While this was free on the Epic store a little while back, it's still one of the most beautiful games out there. On top of this, the fights are pretty fun, regardless if you get bored after a 20 minute match, or a few hours.

For $11 and dozens of hours worth of kick butt star wars fights, I'd say that's a solid deal.

Jedi Outcast was the greatest multiplayer game ever in my opinion. And my clan, .:LM:., was one of the best. ;)
The nostalgia is real - I remember staying out all night playing this game, using force choke and just dropping people off the walkways on that one map with nothing but pits and walkways.

I think you could make an entire game with just that gameplay mechanism (Force Unleash got somewhat there)

The nostalgia is real - I remember staying out all night playing this game, using force choke and just dropping people off the walkways on that one map with nothing but pits and walkways.

I think you could make an entire game with just that gameplay mechanism (Force Unleash got somewhat there)
Totally! The big thing for multiplayer was the lightsaber duels. I think the map you're talking about is Bespin. It was that really tan one, right? Crazy that I started playing that game in 2001 and was active until just a few years ago. :)

fallen order any good?
Yes, I really enjoyed it. Got it on sale on PSN for $20 a while back when they patched it for PS5 and it really surprised me.

Thanks, OP. Picked up Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron to relive the nostalgia from the N64 days, and also the Force Unleashed games since I never played those.

like this
So far I've gone with Fallen Order from Steam and KOTR 1&2 from GOG.

fallen order any good?
I'm a couple hours in and it's good. Agree with silentsod that the production and presentation quality is very high. New patch with some additional content apparently released recently. I have seen a couple minor glitches and stutters but nothing egregious or game-breaking like those mentioned in the SWFO thread here - and that's running on a 980Ti at 1440p. IMO was clearly made for console with it's need for gamepad (was strongly recommended but not required) and very narrow FOV but it looks and plays nicely so far.

So far I've gone with Fallen Order from Steam and KOTR 1&2 from GOG.

I'm a couple hours in and it's good. Agree with silentsod that the production and presentation quality is very high. New patch with some additional content apparently released recently. I have seen a couple minor glitches and stutters but nothing egregious or game-breaking like those mentioned in the SWFO thread here - and that's running on a 980Ti at 1440p. IMO was clearly made for console with it's need for gamepad (was strongly recommended but not required) and very narrow FOV but it looks and plays nicely so far.
I came to the conclusion jobert was off his rocker WRT performance (I played on a 1080ti @ 1440p with everything maxed, I assume a 980ti would need some things turned down).

first CD based game I ever owned!

Me too, and I suspect for many people. I worked retail when that came out and we sold a fck ton of it, had a PC with the $400 "multimedia package" (ie - cd-rom and a sound card) running on a loop. It looked ok for 1993 or whenever, but the gameplay was terrible. Contols were awful. The 2nd one was a little bit better in video and game quality, but still crappy controls.

fallen order any good?
Fallen Order gets lots of love in reviews and forums, but personally I didn't love it. Sure it looks good, but it plays like Sekiro or a Souls type game. IE - timing of parry, dodge, block is CRUCIAL and I found it frustrating. If you just go in lightsaber swinging you won't last long. Tons of cheap kills where an unseen enemy will knock you off a cliff etc. I got super frustrated and sold it halfway through. It's worth $20 tops.

Back