Vapochill LS to fit base of V2000?

jwill

2[H]4U
i thought ive seen this before but a quick search of these forums didnt bring up anything. just to make sure im understood the guts of the vapochill unit would but put in the base of the case.

could somebody confirm/deny whether indeed it fits or not? any pictures would be excellent.

I am also interested in putting the guts of a Vapochill LS in the bottom of a V2000 or V2100, and from what I can tell, it looks like it should fit (after removing one, if not both, of the HD columns).

The dimensions for the exterior of the Vapochill LS are 210 × 210 × 490 mm (WxHxD), while the dimensions for the V2000 are 210x617x625 mm (WxHxD).

edit: The bottom section appears a bit larger than 1/3rd of the total height of the V2000, and thus should give ample headroom for the Vapochill LS.

The width is the most troubling aspect to me, but from my recollection there is a little breathing room inside the Vapochill LS (at least enough to fit the guts in the belly of the V2000). I don't currently own either part (yet), so I'm not sure of the actual, workable space inside the V2000 or the exact width of the guts of the Vapochill LS.

Ideally, I was hoping to be able to squeeze the entire assembly into the bottom section without removing both HD columns.

thanks a lot sadvocate. i was planning on removing the hard drive brackets and partition out of the base of the case so with those measurements you listed im thinking it should fit.

Somebody better get some pics of that posted up when they actually do it, cus I was thinking of that quite awhile ago and backed off for other things.

I'm going one step further and am just building a 18"x18"x22" (L x W x H) case, and incorporating both a single stage phase unit (eaisly superior to a VapoLS) for the CPU, and a 226W Pelt/h2O setup for the GFX card...gonna be fun.

:cool:

This isn't mine, but shows that it can be done.

Door006.jpg

The above looks pretty clean IMO, although thats a v1000 on top of it. To help you guys out I measured absolutes in the various areas of my v2000b. I took the above 'exterior' vapochill measurements - which I take to mean with its case(?) 8.26w x 8.26h x 19.29d. The inside measurements of the case are: 7.75w (inside to inside of flanges, 8.0 absolute) 12.25 from front fan plate to vertical partition (add 1.0 if plate is removed and you go to absolute front of case), 9.65 from vertical partition to rear of case, and 9.50h from bottom of case to horizontal partition. Accurate to 1/16". Looks like the width is just a leeetle tightski.....

Yes that is a 1000, but i am assuming the exterior is similar in size if not exactly the same?

Taller obviously, but didn't know it was longer.

You're right, it is indeed longer, it will not be a straight bolt up. Somehow i figured it was the same size with exception of height :confused:

DaMiEn said:
nope the v2000 is longer and taller than the v1000

Knew that.....figured that the 2000 wouldn't be a straight "bolt on" with the Vapo.....but yeah, 1000 should be.

I was reading up on the MachII GT last night. ...and it looks like the cooler only portion of that unit will fit in the lower 1/2 of a V-2000. but you'd have to remove the HDD racks and relocate the PSU to the upper area somewhere.

[M]adshrimps did a review of the unit.

so** is that unit suypposed to be better than the vapochill LS?
article is here

Back