Vantec(ish) 4 Channel Fan Controller ... $9.95

sry if you feel this is a thread crap, but for 4¢ more you can get this one, which I believe is better.

Got my Coolermaster one for $5 which is better than both :p IM[H]O

But what the hell 10 bux!

Mr. Tinker said:
sry if you feel this is a thread crap, but for 4¢ more you can get this one, which I believe is better.

Yeah... my 119CFM tornado blew out my nexus fan controller (12 watt draw...) so your $9.99 sunbeam which "passes" their test @ 20 Watts is a good thing for me.. although I'd really love to see more headroom.
Maybe I need to get a fan that doesn't pull as much juice?

Malogato said:
Yeah... my 119CFM tornado blew out my nexus fan controller (12 watt draw...) so your $9.99 sunbeam which "passes" their test @ 20 Watts is a good thing for me.. although I'd really love to see more headroom.

119cfm tornado ... i need excedrin just thinking about that

lol

Malogato said:
It also goes 0-12W, and the led is red under 7W and blue over 7W.

Mr. Tinker said:
It also goes 0-12W, and the led is red under 7W and blue over 7W.

I understand that. - the point was that the tornado had more of a load requirement than the nexus could give and somehow blew the nexus.

malicious said:
119cfm tornado ... i need excedrin just thinking about that

lol

59ish decibels.

You get used to it.

I mean.. I do know if my computer has shut down when I come home...

qbackin said:

But what the hell 10 bux!

but you cant shut off the fans completely with that coolermaster.
the sunbeam is ugly as fuck but its one of the better ones.

I have had 2 Vantec Nexus go out on me one with just normal 80mm and it was RMA second one had a hum right out of the box. Will pick up one from here thanks

hey if u buy over 8 dollars you can get that controller free. just use the word cool in the coupon thing. i did when i bought my lian li today(woohoo) it tells u about it if u click the "free fan controler" ad the top ;)

qbackin said:

Id like to see the 5$ one on SVC control a 92mm Tornado :eek:

I bought a drive tray I've been price shopping for and got this for free, thanks :D

Have been wanting a fan controler for the server for a while now, finally can make that CPU fan STFU! :D

For anyone ordering those vantec nexus ones, there's a known problem with them where if you set the built in cathode controller to "off" or "sound activated" and then turn them back to "on," they will short out and get stuck in "sound activated" until you power down your computer & turn off your power supply. I've got 4 of them in 2 different computers at my house and 2 of them have this problem.

Back