Vanguard Saga of heroes..

Grimlaking

2[H]4U
Building a new box...

C2duo E6600

2 gig of ram

vista 64bit

8800 gts video card

340 gig segate with the new drive style.

Will this run smoothly in 1600*1200 everything on?

I say wait 6 months for the game's bugs to be worked out then build a PC.. may be new cards/processors out which would cheapen your build or you could get the new stuff. :D

wait for the game and vistas bugs to be worked out lol. remember creative has no vista drivers and neither does nvidia really although the 8800gts will work.

i can't say if you'll max everything, its the Unreal3.0 engine... but for the most part you should be able to make the game look real good =)

I went ahead and ordered another drive to do raid 0 because of then horrid loading times. Should be fun. :)

Case arrived today with power supply. Rest should arrive tomorrow or the next day.

It should definately run smooth. However with only 2gb of ram in Vista x64, you're going to be running out of ram rather fast and using the pagefile.

I run at 1600x1200 res with a mix of high and tweaked settings and I usually hover around 2.1gb ram in use in XP. The towns are horrid though due to all the loading. Vista should shine here though with its SuperFetch getting all that texture info into ram before you need it.

I'd think about adding some more ram down the line if you find the loading to be too significant.

Awesome game though, nearly daily updates fixing things. It's been a lot of fun up to level 18 so far!

Good to know and with the build I should have two available slots should I want to go to 4 gig of ram. And thankfull with XP 64 she will do that quite nicely.

At 1600x1200, you'll be just fine. I run at a steeper resolution with a lesser card, and run very smoothly at close to max settings.

Well IF the game sucks for ME then I will add it to the collection of games I bought that suck.

Ridge racer six for the 360.. suck.

Some dragrace game for the pc... suck

ummm.. NFS Carbon... suck.

lets see...

movies that suck.. well I kinda collect really really bad movies so I can't count those.

And those games are just recent purchases. NFS carbon because I want the immersiveness and multiplayer options of TDU. That game set a new standard for me.

1 - my pc would not play the beta @ 1024
2 - my pc now rocks 1280, decent fps
3 - sigil did not patch the beta, instead, they made patches for it, and patched all the issues right before launch

4 - dude: that should work just fine if you turn off volumetric clouds, they kill performance like none other, you wont look at them too much anyway

k thx bye

4 - dude: that should work just fine if you turn off volumetric clouds, they kill performance like none other, you wont look at them too much anyway

k thx bye

Just wanted to note, not so sure this is true anymore. I've been able to have Volumetric Clouds enabled for the past few patches with no noticable difference. Give it a shot! :)

Anyone have a free trial they could shoot me? I'm dying to try this game out!

and where does that this game suck be careful crap comes into play?

I would go 4 gigs of ram, I think OCZ just announced a 4 gig kit with decent timings.

The game has good graphics but atm you cannot enable AA which this game really needs, even at 1920x1200...

The game has good graphics but atm you cannot enable AA which this game really needs, even at 1920x1200...

Yeah, during the last week of beta one of the devs stated that he was working on this, and would be in fairly soon after launch.

Back