'Vampyr' And The Gender Politics Of 1918 London

HardOCP News

[H] News
Can this be real? Someone is making a historically accurate game that isn't trying to rewrite history under the guise of diversity? I don't care if they have made games with female leads in the past, these guys need to be burned at the stake for this blasphemy!

Vampyr, the next game from Dontnod Entertainment features a white, male protagonist. For any other studio, this is de rigueur, something dictated by the gaming industry's presumed demographic. But for the team behind Life is Strange and Remember Me, it's the first time they've delved into the male mindset. And it wasn't the result of market research either: It's because Vampyr's story wouldn't have worked any other way.

Being diverse for the sake of selling a game is the same as going against diversity for the sake of selling a game. Two sides of the same coin. Using controversy to move product.

Sounds interesting, although I question the historical accuracy of vampires.

Sounds interesting, although I question the historical accuracy of vampires.
The historical accuracy of vampires, witches, goblins, and the like is 100% true.
But that history is the fact that these are historical superstitions.

Careful. The rampant rewriting of history could isolate this as dangerous to our current Cultural Marxist norms. The SJW's are currently changing into their androgynous battle garb and preparing to assemble.

Back