Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Really just bad luck or something for you man because I've been able to replay that game a sinful amount of times over the last several years...even through Vista...with no issues.

Dont know what to say, only that YMMV.

Dont know what to say, only that YMMV.

I'm disappointed FOR you. :(

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037968031&postcount=154

^^ It really should be this simple. It looks like you've really tried just about everything best I can determine whether it be compatibility modes and the rest of it.

Have you even put your symptoms in a search engine and seen if you had any matches out there? Maybe there's a few tricks left you can try.

Really just bad luck or something for you man because I've been able to replay that game a sinful amount of times over the last several years...even through Vista...with no issues.

I run into issues occasionally but nothing really bad, stuck in a wall, whatever, but I quick save so much because I wanna try conversations different ways or what have you that I've got like a million back up points. Also the game is very good at auto saving so you're never too burned.

There's a vista 64bit patch floating around. try that yet? I didn't need it on my system.

I'm disappointed FOR you. :(

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037968031&postcount=154

^^ It really should be this simple. It looks like you've really tried just about everything best I can determine whether it be compatibility modes and the rest of it.

Have you even put your symptoms in a search engine and seen if you had any matches out there? Maybe there's a few tricks left you can try.

Symptom:
In the blow up warehouse mission. After the boom goes off, you go out a door that then locks behind you. Apparently this is by design. One more door out the back, and you are in a small area with some train cars. You cannot get past the train cars. You are literally stuck. It looks one is meant for you to walk through it, but theres a panel in the way. You try to push it, you cant, because theres a box behind it.

Symptom:
In the blow up warehouse mission. After the boom goes off, you go out a door that then locks behind you. Apparently this is by design. One more door out the back, and you are in a small area with some train cars. You cannot get past the train cars. You are literally stuck. It looks one is meant for you to walk through it, but theres a panel in the way. You try to push it, you cant, because theres a box behind it.

I just did that mission last night on my new playthrough. Once you plant the bomb and start running (don't stand there and wait for it to blow), it should be easy to get out through the back door after killing one guy who pops up (or front if you haven't alerted anyone to your presence prior to planting the bomb it seems). You want to be back where you started before the red timer counts down.

Most missions have more than 1 way to get in and out, though I usually slay the entire warehouse on the way in and ditch out the back door, killing the one guy who shows up and it's a clear path after that all the way back out to the cutscene with Beckett.

Video here of one way to do it for reference.....

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Falcon24/videos/16/

Also a 4 part video here on the mission that may help.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwQhLf10kYU

Does anyone have a good start up guide or a recommended character build? I keep reading this thread and really want to get into the game, but I can't seem to get into it for some reason. Perhaps having a good guide to get me started would help..

Does anyone have a good start up guide or a recommended character build? I keep reading this thread and really want to get into the game, but I can't seem to get into it for some reason. Perhaps having a good guide to get me started would help..

Don't pick Nosferatu because showing your ugly face violates the Masquerade.
Venture is a good start, you might think them limp wristed socialite pussies but in all actuality can turn into a lean-mean-enemy grilling machine. Plus the female Venture doesn't look too bad.

Symptom:

Which patch are you using? The "community" patch or the one that is labeled as the "true patch"?

Don't pick Nosferatu because showing your ugly face violates the Masquerade.
Venture is a good start, you might think them limp wristed socialite pussies but in all actuality can turn into a lean-mean-enemy grilling machine. Plus the female Venture doesn't look too bad.

Nosferatu can actually be a fun and challenging way to play the game. You do have to work harder for many quests and you pretty much have to hide at all times. Certainly not the clan you want to role on your first play through.

Toreador or Brujah are easy first characters as well. Nice mix of dialogue and brute force.

You really think Toreador is easy to play as? I basically picked Toreador for the thought that it would be the most difficult way to play since you have to use your personality rather than brute force.

Seems like there's a disrepancy here.

I'm doing Malkav on my playthrough atm. Loving some of the dialogue options for that clan.

I'm pretty sure the Community Patches expanded things for the Malkavians a bit and especially the dialog. All I know is I really did LOL quite a bit and especially when my character started losing some humanity.

Madness!

I'm pretty sure the Community Patches expanded things for the Malkavians a bit and especially the dialog. All I know is I really did LOL quite a bit and especially when my character started losing some humanity.

Madness!

Dunno who did what but I wish to God I had gotten some screenshots early on of some of the choices. Loving the Malk a lot so far.

Dunno who did what but I wish to God I had gotten some screenshots early on of some of the choices. Loving the Malk a lot so far.

Everyone owes it to themselves to do a Malk playthrough if they haven't.

You really think Toreador is easy to play as? I basically picked Toreador for the thought that it would be the most difficult way to play since you have to use your personality rather than brute force.

Seems like there's a disrepancy here.

They have celerity. How can combat be that hard? ;)

quick question.

I installed the game and then downloaded the patch; but are there any mods I should install with the patch?

I remember The Witcher having a hi-res mod that really looked great so i was wondering if there are any "cant miss" mods for VtM

They have celerity. How can combat be that hard? ;)

Celerity + Presence = win And you don't really need presence, just makes you hit harder. Or you can go as the "Max Payne " Build with Celerity and Auspex , which ups your shooting skills a lot. They are pretty versatile.

Brujah are still easier because of Potence.

I dunno. Malk was a surprisingly tough class after playing a Gangrel, they are just super squishy. Completely different experience. I still want to try Tremere or Ventrue. beaten it with Gangrel and Malk, 70% with Brujah and 50% with Toreador. Haven't touched anyone else.

I dunno. Malk was a surprisingly tough class after playing a Gangrel, they are just super squishy. Completely different experience. I still want to try Tremere or Ventrue. beaten it with Gangrel and Malk, 70% with Brujah and 50% with Toreador. Haven't touched anyone else.

I went and maxed out my Malk's Dementation ability and it's great for staying out of close in fights that will get me killed. The Bedlam skill is esp effective on groups. Peek around a corner, drop that, slip back and wait for the dying to stop. ;)

Vision of Death and Berserk are good too. The big pain is managing your available blood when on a long mission sometimes.

Bosses can be tough, though I try to save up on MAC-10 ammo for those times as it eats away their health pretty good.

I loved my Tremere runthrough and plan to do it again once I finish my Malk run and try a Nosferatu run for kicks.

So I bought the game during the Halloween sale and installed the true patch. The game has been fun so far even with some bugs/crashes. But now I'm at a point where it always crashes with a LockVertexBuffer error. This is in the Giovanni part after defeating Bruno. Whenever I load the game after a couple of minutes it crashes. I installed the unofficial 7.8 patch with same result. I set the properties for the executable to administrator and compatibility mode to windows xp. Any suggestions? thanks.

The instructions I found suggested also selecting the "disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition" options under compatibility. I've encountered plenty of bugs but I haven't had any stability issues in two playthroughs and 100+ hours.

Edit: perhaps you could try the alternate method for that mission where you don't fight bruno.

The instructions I found suggested also selecting the "disable visual themes" and "disable desktop composition" options under compatibility. I've encountered plenty of bugs but I haven't had any stability issues in two playthroughs and 100+ hours.

Edit: perhaps you could try the alternate method for that mission where you don't fight bruno.

Thanks, I forgot to mention I had those settings selected. The fix was loading a saved game from the start of the map which also fixed the library doors not unlocking after beating Bruno. No crashes since, but now I can't feed on the sewer rats(I'm playing as Nosferatu) and the computer is missing from my Santa Monica apartment. Ah well, seems like I'm close to the end.

That mod seems like it changes way too much. I usually stay away from those. It just feels odd. Though I did go ham on Dragon Age Origins, because I wouldn't have been able to play it otherwise.

It also needs more pics/vids of what it actually showcase. Sadly it doesn't show much just a lot of saying.

What a great game this is. I'm amazed people are still doing things with it.

Antitribu mod adds seven new clans to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I saw mention of "Adult Only" content also so YMMV.
http://bloodlinesantitribu.com/about/

Saw it here on PC Gamer.
http://www.pcgamer.com/antitribu-mod-adds-seven-new-clans-to-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/

The wesp patches are still being updated, but they aren't compatible with the above mentioned mod.

I have a hankering to VSR this game to 4K and see what visual effects these mods add to the game.

The Antitribu mod is actually based off of an older build of the wesp patch, most of the recent mods for the game are since the game is basically broken without them. From what I've seen there's still quite a few bugs with it which isn't surprising since it was released recently and never had a public beta, I plan on checking it out after they've released a couple more updates for it. Some of the clans it adds look fun.

There's also another recent overhaul mod called The Final Nights that's supposed to be good and it's more polished at this point, it doesn't add any clans like Antitribu does though.

I finished on wesp 8? I think I'd have to dig up the other thread. Actually my only complaint about the game is that the clans aren't really fleshed out even with the latest wesp mods and the world still feels empty. Theres only ever a few people walking the streets and the club(s) are mostly empty. I wish someone would do something about that. I would only replay it now if there were more story added.

I agree that it would be better if the world was a bit more lively, it does fit with the story however since it takes place entirely at night and the places that are active are the type of place that would be open at night. Both of the mods I mentioned do add some to the story, I haven't played either so I can't comment on how much they add though.

Now I've run out of excuses to load the game back up and give it yet another playthrough. :)

Still have my retail 3 CD case sitting here somewhere, now to dig it out and get patching.

Just a thought guys, this game may have Vorpx support for the Oculus (it shouldn't be hard at all really since Valve made VR for the source engine.

Just imagine Celerity, dodging bullets with the Rift on...

This was my favorite game for a long time.. its.. so old now :D I remember it ran kind of like crap on my PC back in the day.. I was using a 5500FX I think? Damn videocards were crap back then..

You know I have wanted to play this for a long time and was wondering if I should build a retro rig or just patch. Does the steam version work without patches?

Regardless if you want to run it on a old rig or not. It's a game you patch. I don't think I've ran it with the after patches alone, but I remember trying to run it standard and it was a bad experience. Get the wesp patches and be happy.

is so cool to come here and see a live thread about this game in 2015 :)

@Parmenides: it does.

I don't get why more devs don't use the World of Darkness license.

I'd love to see a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game or another Vampire one.

Would be great to see Bioware tackle one or CDProjekt .

Back