Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines potential sequel in the works? Survey for sequel.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Bloodlines_Coverart.png

For those of you who don't know, this is one of my favorite games of all time. It's not corny at all (as my buddy put it when he saw the cover-art), and it was actually the first Source engine game to come out before Half Life 2 (not sure of the exact date since online it shows both Vampire and Half Life 2 coming out on the same day). The game world has a very rich atmosphere and has a great story to accompany the dark underworld of the Vampires in and around Santa Monica.

The game still has a very very strong following on ModDb with user-made patches coming out on a regular basis years after the game was abandoned. The user-made patches are highly recommended since the original game had some game-breaking glitches. Most notable was the one where I was not able to continue the game where you are supposed to start a dialogue with a character and it never worked. The developer released a patch that updated and fixed that specific issue, but it erased everyone's save games so I never got around to finishing it. I am now attempting to finish it after all these years and am absolutely in love with it. The music, atmosphere... everything is great.

But anyway, a sequel might be in the works: Paradox Interactive Possibly Hinting at Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Sequel - Niche Gamer

Here is the short article:

The news comes via a new survey published by the developer, in which they ask fans if they’ve played the original game, and whether or not the original has a “strong sense of nostalgia.”

It’s worth mentioning that despite acquiring the Vampire: The Masquerade property owner, White Wolf, their most recent game announcement – Tyranny – is a brand-new IP developed by Obsidian.

However, a recent trademark filing for “Vampire Bloodlines,” leading us to believe the publisher is working on some kind of new entry within the World of Darkness.

If all of this is true, then a sequel could very well be in the planning stages. Shit, even if they did a remaster i'd be happy.

Here is the survey for those of you who want to see the sequel happen; please fill it out...

SurveyMonkey Powered Online Survey

loved this game back in the day, it was fun, and pretty tough.

Yes. It was a great game, great story telling and game play.

Although for some reason I recall liking VM: Redemption better.

Assuming they keep the game true to Bloodlines (which realistically would be a stretch) I'd be all in for a sequel.

I enjoyed it. With regards to any game that might come out, I really don't care. When its out and when its reviewed and when it doesn't suck, then *maybe* ill be interested.

Troika made some great, albeit buggy games.

Arcanum comes to mind.

Picked it up a few years ago when Steam had it on sale.. Ugh.. I think I lasted all of thirty minutes before I hit eject/uninstall. Here's to hoping for a better game.

I don't even give a damn about vampires and such and I consider this game a classic that set a standard on some things that I haven't seen matched or exceeded yet.

One of my top games. If they do a new game I hope it sticks with the old setting. The new one the went with, Requiem, never caught my interest.

Great game. I liked Redemption, too, but this one was light years more detailed. I'd bite on a sequel or even just a another Vampire game in the same style.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
One of my top games. If they do a new game I hope it sticks with the old setting. The new one the went with, Requiem, never caught my interest.

So, I have to ask you... I order Requiem on Amazon which is described as "A Modern Gothic Story Telling Game." What confused me is that it's a book. So how would reading a book also be a game? The product page doesn't explain how it works so I was wondering if maybe you can clarify?

417P1H2542L._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Requ...539081&sr=8-6&keywords=vampire+the+masquerade

Also, the product page mentioned that you need the "World of Darkness" rule book to play which I also ordered.

So I guess I am curious if this is something that I can play on my own and how exactly this is supposed to work because i've never done anything like this before.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So, I have to ask you... I order Requiem on Amazon which is described as "A Modern Gothic Story Telling Game." What confused me is that it's a book. So how would reading a book also be a game? The product page doesn't explain how it works so I was wondering if maybe you can clarify?

https://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Requ...539081&sr=8-6&keywords=vampire+the+masquerade

Also, the product page mentioned that you need the "World of Darkness" rule book to play which I also ordered.

So I guess I am curious if this is something that I can play on my own and how exactly this is supposed to work because i've never done anything like this before.

It is a pen and paper RPG like dungeons and dragons. You play with a group of friends. My friends were never interested in it, so I have never played it but I do like the universe and the lore they built in the older VtM setting. Which is were the Bloodlines computer game was set. Requiem is their new setting.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It is a pen and paper RPG like dungeons and dragons. You play with a group of friends. My friends were never interested in it, so I have never played it but I do like the universe and the lore they built in the older VtM setting. Which is were the Bloodlines computer game was set. Requiem is their new setting.

Damn. So this isn't something I can read and play on my own huh? Is there a minimum amount of players for this sort of thing?

Kind of a weird survey that seemed pretty generic and not related to VtM:B very much.

Kind of a weird survey that seemed pretty generic and not related to VtM:B very much.
Yep, though their focus on certain RPGs has me wondering if they're considering bringing Obsidian or one of other great RPG devs into the mix to make a new VtM game.

Last edited:
This is fantastic news! For several years I've been wondering if they would do a sequel. The game was fantastic.

I'd pick up the sequel in a heart best, let's just hope it's decent after what, 12 years?

Back