Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines $5 / Steam

took me forever to get aspect ratio, fov in-line but finally rockin this in eyefinity!

I am thrilled that people truly love PC gaming and show it by purchasing this great game.

I got this from the Steam deal too.
I had heard a lot about this game over the years and jumped at it for $4.95

Put it on the 2nd pc that has XP 32bit, P4 2.8, 7950GT.
Installed the Wesp latest patch[7.6b] and used the included res patch for 1440x900 and it looks good and runs good.

I had encountered the known bugs trying to run it on Vista64. Those bugs were the "15mb memory" and the "can't find Steam" issues. While those can be resolved without too much hassle my son decided he wanted to play the game too, so installing it on the XP box made a lot of sense.

To me the HBO series "True Blood" seems to have modeled some of the games characters for the show. The guy in charge at the beginning sequence looks like Godric

Still the proud owner of the boxed copy. It's a shame the developers won't see a dime from these game sales.

Just picked it up. Gonna install these patches.

A cunning decision, sir.

I just downloaded and installed the unofficial patch myself. I've had the game, but I did not know about the unofficial patch, so now I guess I can see what the fuss is all about myself :p

I'm going to make my vampire meet the true death.

Last edited:
wow, I forgot how great this game was. And with the True Patch installed it finally runs well! The res-patcher included with it worked problem free too, the game looks pretty great in high-res.

wow, I forgot how great this game was. And with the True Patch installed it finally runs well! The res-patcher included with it worked problem free too, the game looks pretty great in high-res.

does that work with the unofficial patch or is it incompatiable?

I really could use a resolution fix here, i wanna see it at 1680x1050

I don't know. Of the two links that jiminator posted I just went with the true patch as it sounded better :D. It fixes a ton of stuff in game and gives you a few essential mods, res-patcher being one of them. Download it http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php?topic=56857.0 and try it out. You're going to need a fresh install for the patch to work though, so if you've already being playing around un-install and then re-install. Also make sure to read the read-me!

well I just ran the 7.6 unofficial patch, I'm gonna just play with what I have for now, it doesn't bother me THAT much, the graphics are not all that bad really.

Kind of enjoying this, i am a Toreador.

I don't know. Of the two links that jiminator posted I just went with the true patch as it sounded better :D. It fixes a ton of stuff in game and gives you a few essential mods, res-patcher being one of them. Download it http://www.tessmage.com/forum/index.php?topic=56857.0 and try it out. You're going to need a fresh install for the patch to work though, so if you've already being playing around un-install and then re-install. Also make sure to read the read-me!

Downloaded the unofficial patch. Whenever I try to click the tessmage link, I get this message:

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Spamming is not permitted. User banned.

Downloaded the unofficial patch. Whenever I try to click the tessmage link, I get this message:

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Spamming is not permitted. User banned.

yeah, someone posted that earlier too. IDK when I click the link I'm brought right to the forum page. Try just the download link then http://www.gamefront.com/files/17202358/Tr...old_FINAL.rar/. As for you Fail, try downloading the the true patch and then only using the res-patcher. Look in the Extra's folder and click on Utilities.

Thanks Baker, I'll try that. If I've already installed the unofficial patch, would it be pointless to install the true patch? Or are there still benefits and fixes that still make it worth it?

As for the unofficial patch, I just played through about half an hour of the tutorial. Is this something that did not come with the original game? When I tried this game a few years ago, I didn't remember a tutorial.

Also, I seem to have a camera problem. In first person mode, the camera is perfectly fine. But as soon as I go third person (which is every time combat ensues), it seems that my character is constantly pointed about 30-40 degrees right of center. This makes control pretty frustrating. Is this a common issue?

Bought, thanks OP. Another game to add to my huge backlog... lol

I recommend you go thru the tutorial if you're new to this game, it really helps you a LOT, and you'll probably appreciate it as you get started with the game.

I am just playing as a Toreador, and it seems really fun, I found Mercurio and then stopped there to play a game of LoL with a friend, but I do plan on playing it a lot this week.

How long does the game take to finish, anybody? Ballpark estimate?

Googled around, found this on gamefaqs:

"lovenomore...25-50 hours on first playthrough if you stick to the main quest and less than half of the side-quests. 50-100 hours if you attempt main quest and most side-quests. I might well add that some quests are only doable by certain vampire clans, thus you will never complete all quests on one playthrough. Bloodlines is a play 2 or 3 times all the way through type game."

Leaving the country in a few days, looks like I'll have to shelve this for a few more weeks.

Are there anything to improve hud, models, textures?

Also I used res patch to get 1900x1200 but everything looks just a little 'off' - the ratio in height to width seems wrong to my eye - or is that just how the game looks. Jack, that very first vampire you meet, seems too thin.

Googled around, found this on gamefaqs:

"lovenomore...25-50 hours on first playthrough if you stick to the main quest and less than half of the side-quests. 50-100 hours if you attempt main quest and most side-quests. I might well add that some quests are only doable by certain vampire clans, thus you will never complete all quests on one playthrough. Bloodlines is a play 2 or 3 times all the way through type game."

Leaving the country in a few days, looks like I'll have to shelve this for a few more weeks.

Is there any way to get it to run on Win7 x64? The description saying nothing about Win7/Vista, and a no-go for XP x64 made me stay away.

Also I used res patch to get 1900x1200 but everything looks just a little 'off' - the ratio in height to width seems wrong to my eye - or is that just how the game looks. Jack, that very first vampire you meet, seems too thin.

did you go into the config file and adjusts settings as it asked?

never heard of the game, but love fps, rpg and fallout style games so I guess i'm in :)

Is there any way to get it to run on Win7 x64? The description saying nothing about Win7/Vista, and a no-go for XP x64 made me stay away.

Yeah, worked great for me. (I installed outside program files, but you probably have the steam version).

Mostly NPC/player texture models mods. As for res patches, there are two of them. I kind of like the fatter one, but the FOV is slightly less.

Anybody running the beta 7.6 unofficial patch? I'm wondering if I should get it or the 7.5 tried n true :)

...thanks for making me play this agaaaaain hahah

(lol at the random 33 second time between posts)

If I've already installed the unofficial patch, would it be pointless to install the true patch? Or are there still benefits and fixes that still make it worth it?
I'm not sure. Reading the "true" patch site, they warn other third party mods might screw the game after combining with theirs.

Probably best going with one or the other.

Not gonna lie I had to cheat around the Haunted Hotel mission, I'm on my first playthru and I've logged 15 hours so far and its phenomenal so far! So worth the 5 bucks I threw down

agreed. probably 5 hours in and cannot believe i had not picked this up earlier.

quoted for truth

How did I miss this game back in 2004?

Activision was busy trying to run them into the ground, rather than offer proper marketing support. All of their games are good, though they should be played with community patches. If they had a better publisher, they might still be around.

Activision was busy trying to run them into the ground, rather than offer proper marketing support. All of their games are good, though they should be played with community patches. If they had a better publisher, they might still be around.

Yeah, huge bummer. Also sucked that they were developing on an alpha of the Source engine, rather than the Half Life 2 engine.

Having played neither, which would you get first? Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura or The Temple of Elemental Evil?

Yeah, huge bummer. Also sucked that they were developing on an alpha of the Source engine, rather than the Half Life 2 engine.

Having played neither, which would you get first? Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura or The Temple of Elemental Evil?

Arcanum, easily, anyone who disputes that is an evil bastard.

Arcanum, easily, anyone who disputes that is an evil bastard.

arcanum for sure, awesome game, HUGE, like fallout on steroids, way more overlooked than any other game that i can think of, it is a great game though the graphics are pretty dated at this point.

Back