I was excited, but I heard the developers are going full SJW on this game. https://i.redd.it/10syygtpzmn21.png

This is an idiotic thing to do because the first game was about gore and sexy vampires. Jeanette will probably be in a Burka.

If this game is a true successor to the first one with modern graphics, I would have broke my policy of only buying Linux games and loaded up my Windows drive and bought an RTX card even though I plan on getting an AMD videocard next for open source drivers.

It doesn't sound that way tbh, politics was always part of the Masquerade, as long as they let you draw your own conclusions instead of being forced fed someone else's agenda or propaganda It will be ok. As for the sexy vampires well the trailer clearly shows a curvy chick with boobs practically hanging out, and there was violence and Gore....gratuitous sex and violence is all I really want from this game with a mystery and dash of political strife.

Also if any of you are a fan they did make a TV series based on the franchise called Kindred:The Embraced it's worth a watch.

Lets stop with the searching whatever the topic is and then adding 'political' in google and copy pasting the first thing found to whine about.

Other than the aggressively worded headline I didn't see anything that should raise "SJWs are ruining this game" flags. All I got from the read was that character creator will have a lot of choices and how you choose to use or not use those will be entirely up to the player.

Quotes from the One Angry Gamer article:

Creative Director Martin Ka'ai Cluney - “One of the reasons why that particular conflict attracted us so much was because it’s an inherently political conversation but it’s one of the few ones where it’s hard to… there are valid approaches. The world has to move forward, right?"

Senior Writer Cara Ellison - “I feel like the politics have changed obviously, so I think the first game was kind of, of its time. So now the politics have moved on so we’re trying to write to the politics of now. So there’s a lot more… kind of… things that have changed so topics that we might discuss like we would totally push differently from the first one. So we’ve been thinking about that, too.”

It's not gamers injecting their politics into an unreleased game. That's completely on the devs, who have already expressed disdain for the original game.

Creative Director Martin Ka'ai Cluney - “One of the reasons why that particular conflict attracted us so much was because it’s an inherently political conversation but it’s one of the few ones where it’s hard to… there are valid approaches. The world has to move forward, right?"

Senior Writer Cara Ellison - “I feel like the politics have changed obviously, so I think the first game was kind of, of its time. So now the politics have moved on so we’re trying to write to the politics of now. So there’s a lot more… kind of… things that have changed so topics that we might discuss like we would totally push differently from the first one. So we’ve been thinking about that, too.”

It's not gamers injecting their politics into an unreleased game. That's completely on the devs, who have already expressed disdain for the original game.

How are either of those quotes expressing disdain for the original game? The first Bloodlines was very much a game of its time in terms of its writing. Things have changed quite a bit in terms of how every one of us look at the world, the politics have changed, how we approach certain subjects have changed, and so on.

The article is pure dogshit by the way, entirely designed to force the reader to reach the same conclusion as the author decided to dream up when they wrote it.

I sure wouldn't mind another 90's setting though. Politics is fine, so long as choosing one side side of the isle isn't the "asshole" choice while the other being the "good guy" choice, that could easily carry too much bias.

I sure wouldn't mind another 90's setting though. Politics is fine, so long as choosing one side side of the isle isn't the "asshole" choice while the other being the "good guy" choice, that could easily carry too much bias.

That's a problem with a lot of player choice in games. Give players a choice, but make the choice the developers don't want them to pick make no sense and exist solely because they have to have the illusion of choice.

You are right, it is the article author that is injecting their politics into an unreleased game. Sounds like the are putting relate-able material in it. Maybe you interpreted it differently. Also I didn't catch the disdain at all. It is 15years old so you have to take that into context. The world was different in 2004. Jokes funny then aren't funny now and vice versa. So it sounds like they are tailoring it to feel like it was made today and not just a reskin. Take that with a negative approach or an open mind.

Also if any of you are a fan they did make a TV series based on the franchise called Kindred:The Embraced it's worth a watch.

Ffs I watched that one waaay back in the early 2000's and I wondered why I am so familiar with the setting, damn man. Thanks, i'll go back to this.

And in regards To the Masquerade, I love the first game, buggy little bit weird but still, in the ages of "Diablo" and "SC" this was an accomplishment :D And about Bloodlines, this is one of the best games that was ever released (only after the KOTOR series and Dune 2for me).

Can't wait.

The developer made that choice.

The developers said absolutely nothing about "SJW values" nor did they reflect any of those values, the only thing they stated was they were going to do homework before portraying mental illness to get it right...………………...SJW's do not like hard facts nor do they EVER do proper research, and when they do quote it its a misconception and a very limited scope of reality with half truths, its like a Good Grifter except SLW's are bad at it partially because they are inflexible and abrasive in personallity.

Note that I used the One Angry Gamer article only as a source for direct quotes from the dev team, and it is the developers' own words detailing how they injected real world politics onto the game. Whether or not the rest of the article is crap, the devs have said what they said.

Watch the video and get the context and delivery of Cara Ellison's comments. "... the first game was kind of,...of it's time...things that have changed so topics that we might discuss like we would totally push differently from the first one. , "of it's time" being synonymous with "problematic" or "unevolved" or "outdated" when, in fact, Troika did not injection real world politics or allegory into Bloodlines, which is one reason it has held up over time as such a fantastic game.

The allegories are actually present in the game. To make a game using today's political climate but not referencing the politics themselves though darker and a bit tweaked to be nastier with wrose results.. (hence World of Darkness) would be doing the game itself a disservice.

In a world of darkness world I could see school shootings being the normal as opposed to the outrage. Gun rights people walking around with guns and exchanging gunfire on the streets of bad neighborhoods with bad elements. Riot zones more the normal than the subject of interntational news. basically... Brazil but in the US.

To ignore it would be to do a disservice to the player base. That's kind of what the world of darkness is all about.

The allegories are actually present in the game. To make a game using today's political climate but not referencing the politics themselves though darker and a bit tweaked to be nastier with wrose results.. (hence World of Darkness) would be doing the game itself a disservice.

In a world of darkness world I could see school shootings being the normal as opposed to the outrage. Gun rights people walking around with guns and exchanging gunfire on the streets of bad neighborhoods with bad elements. Riot zones more the normal than the subject of interntational news. basically... Brazil but in the US.

To ignore it would be to do a disservice to the player base. That's kind of what the world of darkness is all about.

Very much this. Vampire and WoD in general are political horror, even the core books refernce this. They have always leaned into the politics of their era and use modern situations to build their game worlds.

As of just a couple days ago you can pre order bloodlines 2. So spend your money now for promises of a great game later.

You know... Like Destiny 2 launch... no wait... Like Uhhh Anthem? Uhhh... ok I need some good examples.. Oh i know. Mass Effect Andromeda? no? Hummm... No Man's Sky? Nope... uhhh....

Yea I'm out.

As of just a couple days ago you can pre order bloodlines 2. So spend your money now for promises of a great game later.

You know... Like Destiny 2 launch... no wait... Like Uhhh Anthem? Uhhh... ok I need some good examples.. Oh i know. Mass Effect Andromeda? no? Hummm... No Man's Sky? Nope... uhhh....

Yea I'm out.
In before Star Citizen shitpost.

Yea I'm out.

Pre-order has been up since the game was announced. I could name several games I pre-ordered that turned out amazing, but the warning isn't unfounded. There is so little known about the game that pre-ordering right now seems a bit foolish.

Do people really pre-order games without seeing some sort of gameplay?
If a new Bioshock were announced with exclusive DLC for preorder, or pretty much anything interesting, I would.

Back