Valve's steam controller demonstration video

Not bad at all. I'll take that over a standard thumbsticker in almost any situation.

Looks like much easier/fluid aiming with the right side versus todays gamepads, I like it!

It will be nice to test how well it holds up against mouse aim.

Looks like much easier/fluid aiming with the right side versus todays gamepads, I like it!

It will be nice to test how well it holds up against mouse aim.

Well we already know the answer, its not going to be better than a mouse, nor is it trying to be. Its going to be more convenient than a mouse propped up on your lap somehow in the living room, while being vastly superior to thumbsticks. That's the design goal. And based on how fluidly he was choosing items from dropdown menus in that RTS, and how quickly he was centering on targets in CS:GO, looks like it succeeds, its certainly better and more precise than my experience with thumbsticks.

That said, I can totally see someone that does a lot of FPS gaming getting so proficient with this that they are able to keep up with mouse aimers.

Starting to like what I see. Not sure I will ever replace my wired 360 with this but maybe one day if this is cheap?

Doesn't look any better than current controllers. It has a couple scenarios where it excels but thats it (controlling a mouse cursor....which usually don't exist in console games anyway) The aiming isn't any better in the fps games, and constantly moving your right thumb all over the place seems terrible.

The death of autoaim.

lol, not even close.

The aiming is definitely better in fps games than with dualshock or xb360 controllers.

Looks great. I'm really looking forward to playing games like Civ 5 from the couch.

Looks a lot better than analog sticks. Maybe good for high sensitivity users. Looks like low sensitivity users like myself would have to swipe and swipe and swipe just to aim. Be like using low sensitivity with a standard size mouse pad, constantly picking it up and moving it to the other side. I'm willing to give it a go though, there are very few games I prefer the 360 controller over m/kb.

This is my solution to the m/kb sucks on a couch.

jsq9.jpg

Not sure about FPS, but it certainly looked great for RTS game, the cursor control seems good enough for RTS or any games that involve a lot of cursor controls.

When I first heard about this I wasn't too sure what to think but after watching the video I'm liking what I see. Depending on price I may pick one up to replace my wired 360 controller that I currently use.

I'm not liking the "pick up and drag" effect of the one-to-one style touchpad. It's essentially like using a mouse on a tiny mousepad where you have to pick it up and move it back across for any larger movements. That kind of thing bugs the HELL out of me.

I'm not liking the "pick up and drag" effect of the one-to-one style touchpad. It's essentially like using a mouse on a tiny mousepad where you have to pick it up and move it back across for any larger movements. That kind of thing bugs the HELL out of me.

Configurable to work like an analog stick where its continuous movement that speeds up the further from the center you are. Patience grasshopper.

Back