Valve Slammed over “Horrendous” Steam School-Shooting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this back and forth. Bottom line is I don't want to live in the UK, Canada, Japan, etc.
The UK is totally screwed. The people have no way to protect themselves and are sitting ducks. Sooner or later, that will happen when you have no way to protect your family or rights.

All this back and forth. Bottom line is I don't want to live in the UK, Canada, Japan, etc.
The UK is totally screwed. The people have no way to protect themselves and are sitting ducks. Sooner or later, that will happen when you have no way to protect your family or rights.
I'm not even saying to take away your gun rights in the USA. I do hear what you guys are saying and I do feel there is some merit to it. All I'm saying is to force people to go to the doctor to be deemed mentally competent first. And really I do feel that assault style weapons should be banned. Either that or store them in community bunkers, locked away until which time they are needed to repel a threat.

And really I do feel that assault style weapons should be banned. Either that or store them in community bunkers, locked away until which time they are needed to repel a threat.
1. What is an assault style weapon?
2. That is also unconstitutional per Heller. You cannot force people to store them however you want.

lol! I am all for guns man. But that is a losing argument. I don't hear school shootings happening in UK.

What american needs is better parenting. In America even a slightest restriction on access to guns becomes about people's rights. I have family members that have guns, they are responsible. Have no damn issue with the government doing background checks, no issue with banning crazy idiots or people with mental illness from getting guns.

In America even something like that becomes OMG 2nd amendment they are taking my guns away. Yea dumb asses and people screwed in the head should not be able to get guns. Also parents need to be better judge of their kids character.

Today I went to the movies and these dumb asses bring a 6 year old to watch dead pool 2. I was like here is exactly whats wrong with America. The kid was loving the heads being chopped off lol.

America has forgotten how to have a proper debate about anything. Everything becomes political.

lol! I am all for guns man. But that is a losing argument. I don't hear school shootings happening in UK.

What american needs is better parenting. In America even a slightest restriction on access to guns becomes about people's rights. I have family members that have guns, they are responsible. Have no damn issue with the government doing background checks, no issue with banning crazy idiots or people with mental illness from getting guns.

In America even something like that becomes OMG 2nd amendment they are taking my guns away. Yea dumb asses and people screwed in the head should not be able to get guns. Also parents need to be better judge of their kids character.

Today I went to the movies and these dumb asses bring a 6 year old to watch dead pool 2. I was like here is exactly whats wrong with America. The kid was loving the heads being chopped off lol.

America has forgotten how to have a proper debate about anything. Everything becomes political.
Some people want the 2nd to go, some do not. Your argument means nothing since you do not know the state of each person mind and thought.
You are correct on the parenting. The things that are happening these days are just sad. In my day we had 2 genders, washed clothes with our laundry soap, stood for the pledge, recited it in school every morning, you misbehaved and neighbors will spank your butt.
It's not just kids either now, it is young parents as well.

Make it so that if someone is mentally deranged it will show up on a background check. I will stay in Canada. But you cannot silence me. I don't care if you work for the site. Insult me more if you want as well. It just makes you look bad. If you had a leg to stand on debate wise maybe you would get somewhere.

That post if full of fail.

Anyways, in Canada you can legally buy a rifle or shotgun in the parking lot of a Walmart. You can't even do that in my state. You can even have guns shipped to your door (the horror) unlike the US.

That post if full of fail.

Anyways, in Canada you can legally buy a rifle or shotgun in the parking lot of a Walmart. You can't even do that in my state. You can even have guns shipped to your door (the horror) unlike the US.
The only gun problem we have here is all the illegal firearms coming in from the USA.

And my post is not "full of fail". Crosshairs should not have put me in his crosshairs. I gave it right back to him.

The only gun problem we have here is all the illegal firearms coming in from the USA.

And my post is not "full of fail". Crosshairs should not have put me in his crosshairs. I gave it right back to him.
I guess since your government is restricting it's people, the people will find a way to get them. Sad really.

I guess since your government is restricting it's people, the people will find a way to get them. Sad really.
The people getting them are the criminals. These people are not patriots trying to defend us with some kind of militia. We already have the US military defending us and we don't even have to pay for it. We don't need a militia. You guys have good nukes also. We are safe.

Some people want the 2nd to go, some do not. Your argument means nothing since you do not know the state of each person mind and thought.
You are correct on the parenting. The things that are happening these days are just sad. In my day we had 2 genders, washed clothes with our laundry soap, stood for the pledge, recited it in school every morning, you misbehaved and neighbors will spank your butt.
It's not just kids either now, it is young parents as well.

My argument was never about knowing each persons mind and thought. My argument was those who are mentally ill or have history. Let there be some sort of a system that once diagnosed they aren't able to get a gun. I am not saying lets round up everyone and give them a brain scan lol. That was my point.

My argument was never about knowing each persons mind and thought. My argument was those who are mentally ill or have history. Let there be some sort of a system that once diagnosed they aren't able to get a gun. I am not saying lets round up everyone and give them a brain scan lol. That was my point.
We already do have a system. It's the legal justice system where we do get people legally declared as a mental defective. It is the only way you can do this. We do not allow people to declare by fiat that someone is mentally defective. It must be by the book.

I'm not even saying to take away your gun rights in the USA. I do hear what you guys are saying and I do feel there is some merit to it. All I'm saying is to force people to go to the doctor to be deemed mentally competent first. And really I do feel that assault style weapons should be banned. Either that or store them in community bunkers, locked away until which time they are needed to repel a threat.

Let me address this with logic point for point.

- You can't rely on a medical evaluation to dictate your natural right to self defense - The state can simply plant anyone they want to deny you for any political reason they want. - Its truly corruptable. Edit* We have due process for a reason, and you must be proven through your actions (unfortunately sometimes at great cost) before your rights are stripped. This is an EXTREMELY dangerous thing to have implemented.

- You can't place weapons of self and national defense in bunkers away from the common citizen. - The government or enemy can simply deny access or destroy the cache of weaponry again leaving the common citizen disarmed and subject to elimination with out even an effort.

-What is an assault weapon? Assault is an action, not a weapon, there is no such damned thing for crying out loud.

- Our bill of rights, which are the first ten amendments to our original constitution, or contract between the states on how our nation is to be conducted, are the most essential rights of all. They are not provided by our government, they are not provided by the constitution, they are a guarantee of protection against the usurpation of these rights or removal because some government or king or dictator decides they are a threat to his/their power play. I understand if a non-American doesn't fully understand this. Its ok and we know the reason why on average.

-Our 2nd Amendment is worded as such "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Well regulated does not mean, well legislated and heavily controlled, it means well equipped. The security of the free state depends on the citizens being able to demonstrate a tangible threat to anyone foreign or domestic that tries to usurp our liberty through tyranny of any kind. The right of the people to KEEP and BEAR arms does not mean keep in some warehouse under lock and key subject to the dictates of government as to when we can access. It means to keep them on our persons and homes and at the ready in the event we need them to defend our people from harm and tyrannical attempts at our life and liberty. Bear arms means to equip and utilize those arms for self defense and defense of our communities and our nation.

All of our other freedoms absolutely can not be maintained if we do not have the ability to counter with great force if needed the attempt to eliminate said freedom.

We already have laws in place that are broken for instance....

School shooter that is 17 kills 10 in Texas in the US.
1. owning a shotgun at 17 is illegal with parental presence.
2. Sawing off said shotgun is illegal.
3. Taking gun on school property is illegal.
4. Shooting gun on school property is illegal.
5. Murdering fellow students is already illegal.

Everything he did is already illegal. The gun was obtained with illegal intent and was acted upon illegally.

The school is already a gun free zone and the shooter knew that.

More laws do not save lives. Laws are written for the lawless but it is the law abiding that suffer. You disarm a people and the predators have a feast and you were never going to stop the predators to begin with.

Politician: Here ban all the guns, turn them in Mr. and Mrs. America, take them all.
Citizens: Damn this sucks, we better give them our guns, we don't want to get in trouble, and now we are disarmed.

Criminal: Haha fucking idiots, lets go and kill all we want and take whatever we want because we will shoot defenseless people and shoot the cops and shoot anyone in our way because we are never going to turn our guns in damned fools.

Those who suffer are always him whom will beat his sword into a plow because he will always end up plowing for those that didn't turn their swords into plows.

Last edited:
- You can't place weapons of self and national defense in bunkers away from the common citizen. - The government or enemy can simply deny access or destroy the cache of weaponry again leaving the common citizen disarmed and subject to elimination with out even an effort.
It's also unconstitutional per Heller and it would potentially be a violation of the 4th amendment too.

Of course not. And of course there are laws against it. Take Parkland, FL. Entirely preventable - the perp should have never passed the background check. The problem is the local cops and the school didn't follow through on his crap because they wanted their stats to look good.

Laws do fuck all to prevent things. People taking action is what prevents things. That's what gun ownership in the US is all about. If I want to own a firearm to protect me or my family, that should be my choice. Whether it makes someone else uncomfortable is not my concern.

If gun ownership isn't that big of a deal, then I think all people who want to take away others guns should have to prominently display that they are proudly a gun free home.

Put up or shut up.

And they were more than happy to allow the massacre to happen, it helps them politically. Can't have our legal system getting in the way of their political ambitions.

lol not sure where you ever got the impression that I wasn't American. I'm definitely American. My whole post was making a point that ordinary citizens don't really stand a chance against the US military. The whole "well regulated militia" argument of the 2nd Amendment is bs, imo. Maybe a hundred years ago? But today, the disparity of hardware available to the common man vs available to the government is so huge that it seems almost pointless to make the case that the common man could defend the country against tyranny.

I think people should be able to own guns. I own several. I just think that we need to make some changes so that these school shootings stop. It used to be that we look at our military as those who die for our freedoms. Now it feels like it's our kids. Kinda fucked

The problem with the "citizens vs the military" argument is that the two groups are for all intents and purposes, one and the same. Along with the cops. I'm not going to kick in my own door to seize my personal weapons, and I'm not going to kick in someone elses doors for the same reason. The cops aren't going to go door to door in any widescale confiscation, it's a lefty pipe dream, and it's just not realistic.

Japan is also basically a homogenous nation which is known to greatly improve peace. You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Combined with the fact that we literally blasted away any sort of serious aggression from their culture...

Forcing people to see a doctor won't be any different than the states that force people to see their local sheriff for "permission" to own a firearm. It ultimately ends either boiling down to if the sheriff supports the Second, or if the citizen in question has donated enough to the Sheriffs reelection fund, or are otherwise politically useful to them and theirs. That being said, it would be nice if the government considered gun safes to be tax write-offs or something similar, embolden people to have a secure storage solution rather than the gun-in-a-shoebox cliche that doesn't fool anyone.

Edit: Otherwise, this game can't be anything more objectionable than Hatred. Everyone just needs to stop being so sensitive.

Last edited:

Did you see the link I posted above? An illegal manufacturer of machine pistols with sound suppressors in Quebec. Only around 30% of all crime guns in Canada come from the US. The majority of the homicides of all type committed by Aboriginals (and not other minorities). They make up roughly 5% of the population. Remove them from the homicide numbers and Canada falls right in line with the UK, which is far more strict and doesn't share a land border with the US. Canada doesn't have a gun problem, it doesn't have a gun problem in regards to the US either. It has a poverty problem largely centered in a few small areas of the country.

And yes, your post was full of fail. "Make it so that if someone is mentally deranged it will show up on a background check" is already law in the US. Again, it is easier to get access to a firearm in Canada than large portions of the US such as California.

The only thing you did was prove my point..you are ignorant on the subject as are most anti gun people.

Regarding the game... I am sick of the thought police.

Regarding the guns...

I lol at the mere though of citizens going up in arms to defend themselves from an oppressive government.

Extensive surveillance
Para-militarized police
Progressive worsening of economic, social and cultural status of the middle classes
Economic model designed to divert all the capital from the GOP to private corporations.
Executive powers beyond the judicial system
Everything can be labelled terrorism, and under that label the GOP has absolute power
Hell even the average life expectancy is going down in the US.

And that isn't a Republican or Democrat issue, both parties increased the GOP powers when given the chance.

So add flawed bipartisan system designed to keep control of power.

What does it take to put that amendment to good use? it was designed specifically to avoid this right?

I can't care less about gun control in the US, but come on grow a spine and don't use the amendment as an excuse.

What does this even mean?
It does mean that those who want to own a tool designed with the only purpose of killing someone should not use the amendment as a justification.

People who own guns do not so to defend against an oppressive government. Do for many other reasons, but not for the reason they were given the right in the first place.

It does mean that those who want to own a tool designed with the only purpose of killing someone should not use the amendment as a justification.

People who own guns do not so to defend against an oppressive government. Do for many other reasons, but not for the reason they were given the right in the first place.

I shouldn't use the words that grant me a right as an excuse to excersise that right? You do know it doesn't say anything about an oppressive government being the only reason for the 2nd Amendment, correct?

Guns are for sport and hunting as well. Not sure why you don't know this but yoh can look it up if you need.
2nd is there just like the 1st, and the rest. Just the facts.

Guns are for sport and hunting as well. Not sure why you don't know this but yoh can look it up if you need.
2nd is there just like the 1st, and the rest. Just the facts.
Most of the guns available are not designed for hunting or "sport" unless you are talking of shoting humans here, albeit that is highly illegal nowadays you know.

Most of the guns available are not designed for hunting or "sport" unless you are talking of shoting humans here, albeit that is highly illegal nowadays you know.

What in the hell are you going on about?

My father uses rifles for hunting and trapping. The women in the hiking club open carry and bring a dog or two for defense. This is in Pennsylvania which is somewhat mild for vicious animals.

Literally half the people call off work the opening day of deer. Some places outright close.

What universe do half of you live in?

I shouldn't use the words that grant me a right as an excuse to excersise that right? You do know it doesn't say anything about an oppressive government being the only reason for the 2nd Amendment, correct?
You guys can do as you please, it's not my business.

Mind you we got a flourishing gun industry here, and the sport/hunt thing isn't really what is driving it.
That makes you wonder....

Anyways there are historic reasons for how things are and I just think people don't really care.about the historic context.
The same way that I don't like when laws two hundred years old are used and abused now for things unfathomable back then.

Mind you we got a flourishing gun industry here, and the sport/hunt thing isn't really what is driving it.

Anyways there are historic reasons for how things are and I just think people don't really care.about the historic context.
The same way that I don't like when laws two hundred years old are used and abused now for things unfathomable back then.

It doesn't make me wonder at all. Anti-gunners are what was pushing the gun industry until Trump was elected. You and people like you insisting on erroding a right granted to us since the founding of the country is what keeps people buying "scary" guns.

You don't like it when people "abuse" a 200 year old law? I don't like when people try to fuck over the many for the few.

What guns do you think citizens should not have? Auto weapons require a permit and are expensive.

It doesn't make me wonder at all. Anti-gunners are what was pushing the gun industry until Trump was elected. You and people like you insisting on erroding a right granted to us since the founding of the country is what keeps people buying "scary" guns.

You don't like it when people "abuse" a 200 year old law? I don't like when people try to fuck over the many for the few.

Did I say anything about removing the right or regulating it? nope.
But it doesn't matter you went full ad hominem without addressing what I said.

Furthermore when I was talking about abusing a 200 years old law I was thinking about the All writs act and how some laws of the past don't fare well the pass of time.
I did not explain it, my fault, but that was it.I meant that I don't like regular people not understanding the spirit of the law as much as I dislike GOP abusing it.

But your defense of something I didn't attack is quite weak.
Because something was ok in 1791 does not mean that it is ok now.
Perhaps you think that because slavery was ok back then it should be ok now.

By the way I find funny the concept of "scary" guns. A gun is a tool, tools aren't scary, people is.
Problem is that many people nowadays have low comprehension skills and are easily triggered, so quite "scary"
Having easy access to a tool with the single purpose of killing, does not help, but I am more concerned with idiots that can vote than with guns.
Calling Trump on this was the ice of the cake. Seriously. Like I could care less about the bipartisan idiocy.

Furthermore when I was talking about abusing a 200 years old law I was thinking about the All writs act and how some laws of the past don't fare well the pass of time.
I did not explain it, my fault, but that was it.I meant that I don't like regular people not understanding the spirit of the law as much as I dislike GOP abusing it.

Perhaps you think that because slavery was ok back then it should be ok now.

RG0BS1U

RG0BS1U.gif

You had a good troll building until you went moving goalposts and going full strawman.

While our youth dies these comments look more and more like immature nonsense. Guns should be bannned. I may sell my own in a pawnshop soon enough. I' ve changed a lot, the problem is guns, they need to be banned completely, permanently... Even then, with so many already out there i expect it would take decades for the problem to subside.

Guns are a tool just like anything else. Anything can be MISUSED.

Cars: https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/world/vehicles-as-weapons/index.html
Hammers: https://people.com/crime/arkansas-grandma-killed-hammer-granddaughter-suspect/

not good enough for you and too obvious... OK... how about these.
Fire extinguishers: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/laciana-tinsley-douglas-tinsley-murder-fire-extinguisher/
Sweatpants: https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-237078682/man-found-guilty-in-woman-s-2006-murder-he-faces

The problem is disturbed individuals, not the inanimate objects they use. Personally I'm more scared of a nut job with a butcher knife than I am a normal citizen with a pistol.

Guns are a tool just like anything else. Anything can be MISUSED.

Cars: https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/22/world/vehicles-as-weapons/index.html
Hammers: https://people.com/crime/arkansas-grandma-killed-hammer-granddaughter-suspect/

not good enough for you and too obvious... OK... how about these.
Fire extinguishers: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/laciana-tinsley-douglas-tinsley-murder-fire-extinguisher/
Sweatpants: https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1G1-237078682/man-found-guilty-in-woman-s-2006-murder-he-faces

The problem is disturbed individuals, not the inanimate objects they use. Personally I'm more scared of a nut job with a butcher knife than I am a normal citizen with a pistol.

While I agree that guns are tools, given that their purpose is to kill misusing is what? Not killing or something?

Now instead of pulling anecdotes with some statistics of persons killed with hammers by year/hammers per household we could start making informed assumptions.

I suspect that hammers can be really handy in a moment of bloody ire, but I don't think it is so common.
Pulling a trigger requires a fraction of a second it is so easy that a toddler can do it. But a hammer? You need to get close and personal.
So probably not comparable.

When I'm forced to look at a pile of shit I tend to point out the visible corn kernels.

That sums everything about you.

Guns are a tool designed for killing.
Cars: are designed for driving
Hammers: are designed for pounding nails
Fire extinguishers: are designed to put out fires
Sweatpants: are designed for fat people to have something to wear
ftfy

At least we now know who is capable of keeping civil conversation in mind and who is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back