Valve Slammed over “Horrendous” Steam School-Shooting Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just answer my question. Are mentally deranged people allowed to buy guns in the USA, or not?

Just Google form 4473 and answer your own question. This is the form that is required to be completed to purchase a firearm in the US. Can a person lie on the form? Sure they can. But if the system works as it should when the background check is completed by the FBI the gun sale will be denied to a person who has a documented history of mental "derangement" as you call it.

No one is forcing people to buy the game. If you're offended by it, don't buy it.

If you think it's going to turn kids into murders, look how well banning things works out... like drugs, gun free zones, etc.

I wouldn't ban it by law, but I'd remove it from my platform if I were Steam. It's about PR, essentially, and choosing not to be associated with these games. If I had a super successful food festival, and someone was selling "Jew-killer omelets", I'd probably ask that they find somewhere else to sell their crap. Free speech, free market, but they're not going to use my successful platform to make money off their bullshit.

If it's such a good game that it can stand on its own in the market, then go for it. If it's total shit and people don't like it, then let them lose their money.

Reactions: erexx
like this
The ignorance is strong in this one....which is no surprise really...most anti gunners know fuck all about actual gun laws.
Crosshairs it's goes beyond that besides knowing anything about gun laws they don't understand self defense from both bad people and their own government inevitably becoming tyrannical. Our own government is on the precipice but we have the cartridge box if the ballot box fails and non Americans above all should understand this yet..... They are beyond clueless.

Crosshairs it's goes beyond that besides knowing anything about gun laws they don't understand self defense from both bad people and their own government inevitably becoming tyrannical. Our own government is on the precipice but we have the cartridge box if the ballot box fails and non Americans above all should understand this yet..... They are beyond clueless.
You guys can say that and hold those beliefs if you want. I just know that as a Canadian I don't even feel safe traveling to the USA, let alone living there. There is something to be said for feeling safe and having a good quality of life in your own country. And that matters a lot more to me, personally, than worrying about a tyrannical government or being taken over by some hostile power which could somehow magically penetrate the most powerful military on earth combined with that of at least 10 other powerful nations. Lots of tin foil hats down there clearly. It's sad because lots of innocent people are dying and people aren't even safe living in their own country.

Man, doesn't really say a lot about the US armed forces if a bunch of citizens with small arms pose a threat to one of the largest, most well-armed, and most advanced military forces on the planet. But hey, if you have the ability to deploy a highly-trained and formidable fighting force anywhere on the planet within hours, maybe I'm the one that's wrong.

This is the exact reason why people will never give up guns willingly. When you post stupid shit like this you only further solidify in a gun owner's mind that they have to protect themselves and their families from fascists like yourself. Someone coming into a person's home in the middle of the night with a weapon is a gun owner's worst nightmare and one of the main arguments against gun control. I'm not sure what you intended by posting that other than to intimidate, but you are trying to intimidate an entire group of people who will point to your exact post and say "See! This guy is the bad guy that the good guy with a gun needs to stop!".
You are making their argument for them, do you not see that?
The scenario I brought up was one that a 72 year old gun owner (complete with active reloading bench, holstered 9mm hanging off a bed post and more long and short guns than I could count) relayed to me.
It was his response to those peeps at the range who say "If they come for muh gunz I would... cold dead..." ad nauseum morans.

And do you really think some rando on an internet forum with a hyperbolic posting has the ability to "intimidate" a grown adult.

Our Lt Guvnuh in Texas says we need armed teachers.
Is he going to provide the guns and ammo.
Is he going to cover range fees.
Is he going to cover the cost of insurance.
Is he going to cover the inevitable law-suits.
Is he going to cover the cost of certification and re-certification.
Is he going to cover NRA membership fees so the teachers can get a cool baseball cap.
Is he going to cover the cost of body armor.
Of course he blames abortions and video game while others blame ritalin.

It will take a politician with balls to blame the only thing that actually causes school shootings, the gun.

What about, if you want to have a militia, store all the guns in secure bunkers. As soon as there is a threat of invasion or a tyrannical government, unlock the bunkers. Problem solved.

Man, doesn't really say a lot about the US armed forces if a bunch of citizens with small arms pose a threat to one of the largest, most well-armed, and most advanced military forces on the planet. But hey, if you have the ability to deploy a highly-trained and formidable fighting force anywhere on the planet within hours, maybe I'm the one that's wrong.

Vietnam and the Middle East would like to have a word with you.

You guys can say that and hold those beliefs if you want. I just know that as a Canadian I don't even feel safe traveling to the USA, let alone living there. There is something to be said for feeling safe and having a good quality of life in your own country. And that matters a lot more to me, personally, than worrying about a tyrannical government or being taken over by some hostile power which could somehow magically penetrate the most powerful military on earth combined with that of at least 10 other powerful nations. Lots of tin foil hats down there clearly. It's sad because lots of innocent people are dying and people aren't even safe living in their own country.

You watch to much media hysteria bullshit if you don't feel safe in 90% of the US.

Vietnam and the Middle East would like to have a word with you.

Are the Taliban, Saddam Hussein, and ISIS going to be there? Or are they dead or hiding in mountains and bunkers from the remote-controlled robot killing machines flying over them at all times? The armed forces aren't scared of you. They aren't scared of your buddies. They're not scared of your over-the-counter Hi-Point.

Americans should be able to buy, own, and use guns, yeah. But let's not pretend, here.

Well, when kids fall into water and die, we call that an accident. When the water comes to them and drowns them, we build levees. I can't even get into how ridiculous it is to compare pools to guns when it comes to how they kill people.

And yeah, it's about control. It's about controlling highly lethal, advanced instruments of killing. I said it before: I'm for gun ownership, I'm for being responsible with weapons. But this shit is out of control, even if overall violence is on the decline.

Also, re: the whole well-armed militia thing... that's just not going to work anymore. The government has power and capability well beyond anything the populace could muster up. Iraq and Afghanistan have some of the laxest gun laws in the world (lol) and the full might of the US armed forces still rolled over them. Pockets of resistance, still, and terrorism, but it did not work out like 1776 for those boys.

Agreed. Assault weapons have no place in our culture. Automatic weapons are for terrorists, the utterly irrational, Law Enforcement and those in the Armed Services. Single fire and 3 round burst weapons are choice for war because trigger control, weapon preservation and preventing weapon malfunction on the battle field are paramount. A well armed militia is the U.S. Army, the mother of the Armed Services, and it was created by George Washington. All other groups of armed "militias" today are nothing more than thugs with guns because they are not sworn in or taken the Oath and this means they accountable to no one. Further more if there is a revolution in this country, haha, there is nothing in the Constitution that instructs us on how to rebuild the government or our society. The Constitution guarantees what we have today and not what anyone group thinks it should be after its all torn down. Volunteer to protect your country today! Its a great ride and they have all the best guns... man, I loved shooting the .50 cal at tanks and armored vehicles but meh I digress.

Last edited:
The scenario I brought up was one that a 72 year old gun owner (complete with active reloading bench, holstered 9mm hanging off a bed post and more long and short guns than I could count) relayed to me.
It was his response to those peeps at the range who say "If they come for muh gunz I would... cold dead..." ad nauseum morans.

But yet you regurgitate it because you can't think for yourself? You talk about torturing people in their homes and killing them outright outside their homes. It is impossible to have an intelligent debate with someone in that state of mind.

And do you really think some rando on an internet forum with a hyperbolic posting has the ability to "intimidate" a grown adult.

Ummm...yes I do. How is anyone supposed to know you are using hyperbole? Words are powerful and have meaning. And no one is a "rando" on the internet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/us/gamers-swatting-charges.html

One innocent person is dead and three others have ruined their lives because of stuff like that. Words mean things.

It will take a politician with balls to blame the only thing that actually causes school shootings, the gun.

Yes, people are blameless. Again, you're being disingenuous. Now I can truly see you are using hyperbole because no one can be that oblivious to reality. You're not, are you? I think maybe you forgot to use the sarcasm tag on that last quote.

You do know how gun confiscation would work, right.
We don't knock on your door. Instead, you wake up at 3:48 in the morning with a 45 pressed against your brain bucket. If you had a dog it was "silenced" earlier in the evening.
We ask for your guns and if you are dense enough to refuse your hand gets placed in a vice. You will then willingly give up your guns, your friends guns, the name of your mistress etc...
Then I give you "most" of my guns. Then a week later, I kill, you, or your brother, or boss, from a few hundred yards away with the hunting rifle I did not tell you about. This is how a civil war is started.
Not to mention, your scenario is contrary to the constitution of the US. Not just the 2A either. In fact, your scenario is why the 2A exists in the first place.

Just answer my question. Are mentally deranged people allowed to buy guns in the USA, or not?
The answer is "Yes", because a bunch of idiots got together and decided that if you are mentally deranged, your doctors can't share that with anyone unless you give express, written, permission to that specific person or organization. Thus, no medical history shows up on background checks (unless said person went to their doctor and filled out a form that said "yes, please share my records with the FBI" less than 12 months prior to buying a gun).

The answer is "Yes", because a bunch of idiots got together and decided that if you are mentally deranged, your doctors can't share that with anyone unless you give express, written, permission to that specific person or organization. Thus, no medical history shows up on background checks (unless said person went to their doctor and filled out a form that said "yes, please share my records with the FBI" less than 12 months prior to buying a gun).
Interesting. Then WTF was Crosshairs doing calling me ignorant?

So because it's in your constitution you believe everyone should be carrying guns? It says in the Bible that people should be stoned to death if they do something wrong. Maybe you believe in that too.
Americans always had the right to bear arms, the Constitution just makes it so the government can't infringe on that right.

Legally? no they are not. ...does it happen, yes Im sure it does. but thinking you can stop that by taking guns away from everyone else is naive .

That fact that you may actually believe this scares me.

Legally? no they are not. ...does it happen, yes Im sure it does. but thinking you can stop that by taking guns away from everyone else is naive .
Would you support legislation that would completely prevent mentally deranged people from owning guns?

Interesting. Then WTF was Crosshairs doing calling me ignorant?
Unknown. This is one of the big arguments surrounding gun background checks. We want to make sure everyone's personal information is protected as much as possible, but I think there should be some exceptions. If a person has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, that should show up on their background check if they go to purchase a firearm.

As a school employee, I am firmly on the society side of the society vs firearms side of the debate. We've always had guns (and around here, kids even used to bring them to school, so they could go out hunting afterwards), and the guns being used in school shootings are not some new advanced gun or anything, most of the designs have been in use for 50+ years. The guns havn't changed, society has. Personally, I see kids every day at school that have been brought up to be utterly incapable of dealing with failure or rejection. They are the most important person, and cannot see why the rest of the world does not understand that they are God. I don't know what the cause is, but the result is terrifying, with or without guns.

Would you support legislation that would completely prevent mentally deranged people from owning guns?

Why more legislation? they cant own them now...what do you suggest is changed?

You guys can say that and hold those beliefs if you want. I just know that as a Canadian I don't even feel safe traveling to the USA, let alone living there. There is something to be said for feeling safe and having a good quality of life in your own country.

Then stay in Canada and quit worrying about something that does not concern you

Why more legislation? they cant own them now...what do you suggest is changed?

Then stay in Canada and quit worrying about something that does not concern you
Make it so that if someone is mentally deranged it will show up on a background check. I will stay in Canada. But you cannot silence me. I don't care if you work for the site. Insult me more if you want as well. It just makes you look bad. If you had a leg to stand on debate wise maybe you would get somewhere.

Then I give you "most" of my guns. Then a week later, I kill, you, or your brother, or boss, from a few hundred yards away with the hunting rifle I did not tell you about. This is how a civil war is started.
Not to mention, your scenario is contrary to the constitution of the US. Not just the 2A either. In fact, your scenario is why the 2A exists in the first place.
This is all exaggeration and I am sorry you are not correct about the 2A because it was not created so that anyone could organize a revolution against our police force, the government or its standing Army. Its a document that outlines the underlying foundation of our current system of Government from the point in time it was written. If it is all torn down our society does not all magically restart. My guess is that no one is getting their guns taken away and that assault weapons will simply be harder to get and maintain over time and the civilian population gets to keep buying shotguns, handguns, high-powered rifles and even flame throwers.

This is all exaggeration and I am sorry you are not correct about the 2A because it was not created so that anyone could organize a revolution against our police force, the government or its standing Army. Its a document that outlines the underlying foundation of our current system of Government from the point in time it was written. If it is all torn down our society does not all magically restart. My guess is that no one is getting their guns taken away and that assault weapons will simply be harder to get and maintain over time and the civilian population gets to keep buying shotguns, handguns, high-powered rifles and even flame throwers.

Assault weapons have never been used in school shootings. Just sport rifles and handguns.

Make it so that if someone is mentally deranged it will show up on a background check. I will stay in Canada. But you cannot silence me. I don't care if you work for the site. Insult me more if you want as well. It just makes you look bad. If you had a leg to stand on debate wise maybe you would get somewhere.

I have not insulted you, nor am I trying to silence you.... and the leg I stand on is facts.

if you are deemed mentally incompetent, by either involuntary commitment or court order you will be denied a gun purchase .

I cant believe the media forgot to tell you that....

do some of your own research and then come back and debate intelligently , you might be surprised at what you dont know....

I have not insulted you, nor am I trying to silence you.... and the leg I stand on is facts.

if you are deemed mentally incompetent, by either involuntary commitment or court order you will be denied a gun purchase .

I cant believe the media forgot to tell you that....

do some of your own research and then come back and debate intelligently , you might be surprised at what you dont know....
You called me ignorant and then encouraged me to stay in Canada and stay out of the discussion. All the while I was completely correct. The current system in the USA does not prevent mentally deranged people from owning guns. And pretty much all of the mass school shootings were committed by mentally deranged people, often with legally purchased guns. So like I said insult me more if you want it just makes you look bad. And yes calling someone ignorant and telling them to stay out of your country for no reason is both rude and insulting.

I am sorry, but the framers of the constitution, and the 2A to it, were pretty explicit in their writings, (the federalist papers), on what exactly the 2A was inserted into the constitution for.
Also, I was not talking about the 2A in regards to what constitutional rights were being trampled on by your scenario. Can you figure out which ones?

You called me ignorant and then encouraged me to stay in Canada and stay out of the discussion. All the while I was completely correct. The current system in the USA does not prevent mentally deranged people from owning guns. And pretty much all of the mass school shootings were committed by mentally deranged people, often with legally purchased guns. So like I said insult me more if you want it just makes you look bad. And yes calling someone ignorant and telling them to stay out of your country for no reason is both rude and insulting.

Ignorant is not an insult......it simply means you do not understand the subject you are speaking on....and you yourself stated in this thread that you didn't feel safe in the USA so I told you to stay in Canada,......and again, you can not legally buy a gun if you are mentally ill....

no one said they cant get them, they said its illegal...why are you having such a hard time understanding this?

you want to make more laws to stop people who are already breaking the law....how can anyone not see how stupid this is???

I does not "prevent" criminals from getting them either, it is merely illegal for criminals, and those adjudicated mentally defective, from purchasing and owning them.
In a world where 3d printers and cnc mills are increasingly easy and relatively inexpensive to obtain, and easy to to use, the very idea that you can prevent the proliferation of firearms is rapidly dying in developed countries. This includes Canada. If you don't feel safe in the US, that is a shame. It is actually a damn safe country to be in. Well, so long as you avoid certain parts of some of our larger cities.

Ignorant is not an insult......it simply means you do not understand the subject you are speaking on....and you yourself stated in this thread that you didn't feel safe in the USA so I told you to stay in Canada,......and again, you can not legally buy a gun if you are mentally ill....

no one said they cant get them, they said its illegal...why are you having such a hard time understanding this?

you want to make more laws to stop people who are already breaking the law....how can anyone not see how stupid this is???
Not everybody has common sense. Doesn't feel safe in the US? Not the brightest, and probably lacking common sense. It's cool if he stays in Canada. We have enough of those people anyways.

Not sure why some people are pissed over a game. It may be off, but it is still just a game.

"Active Shooter, from the maker of White Power: Pure Voltage."

Uh huh.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Not everybody has common sense. Doesn't feel safe in the US? Not the brightest, and probably lacking common sense. It's cool if he stays in Canada. We have enough of those people anyways.

Not sure why some people are pissed over a game. It may be off, but it is still just a game.
Sure thing dude. I'm stupid and lack common sense for wanting to prevent deranged people from owning guns. It couldn't possibly be the other way around eh.

Sure thing dude. I'm stupid and lack common sense for wanting to prevent deranged people from owning guns. It couldn't possibly be the other way around eh.
It is already illegal for mentally defective people to purchase, own, or take possession of firearms.
If you want to argue that the background checks are insufficient, or that what the laws of various states, (it is different state to state), or the federal government, consider adjudicated mentally defective is not inclusive enough for you, make your case.
Repeating the same incorrect thing over and over is not going to do that.

It is already illegal for mentally defective people to purchase, own, or take possession of firearms.
If you want to argue that the background checks are insufficient, or that what the laws of various states, (it is different state to state), or the federal government, consider adjudicated mentally defective is not inclusive enough for you, make your case.
Repeating the same incorrect thing over and over is not going to do that.
It is clearly not sufficient or else we would not see so many of these horrible things happening with guns the shooters purchased themselves legally in stores.

we have plenty of laws...what we need is better enforcement ..I feel many of the recent shootings could have been prevented if the agencies had done a better job

Nikolas Cruz
Cruz had his gun for about seven months when he commented on YouTube that he was “going to be a professional school shooter.” The FBI said it investigated but was unable to identify the person who posted the comment.

In January, the FBI received a tip from someone who said Cruz had expressed a desire to kill people, was making disturbing social media posts and could potentially commit a school shooting.

The FBI agency failed to follow protocols and no further investigation was conducted.

Devin Patrick Kelley
Devin Patrick Kelley’s history of domestic abuse barred him from legally buying guns, but he did so anyway because information about his crimes was never entered into a federal database used for background checks.
Dylann Roof
A drug arrest should have prevented Dylann Roof from purchasing the pistol authorities said he used at Emanuel AME Church, but a record-keeping error and background check delay allowed the transaction to go through.

and the list goes on....

The only person making you look bad here is yourself. It pretty ironic that you mention over and over about being mentally deranged when clearly that label fits you perfectly based on the nonsense you have spewed here in this thread.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...g-school-shootings-its-guns-not-mental-health
The profile of your average shooter angry, aggressive, marginalized, isolated, and having access to firearms.
The Secret Service concluded, this profile characterizes so many millions of adolescents and young adults, that we can never predict who is going to take murderous action. Mental health is easy to see as the target of root cause and preventative efforts. But it misses the boat.

What we need is less firearms.

I don't think millions of Americans carrying AK47 guns is going to make a meaningful difference

Did you miss the whole thing with Afghanistan and Russia in the 80's? Because apparently our leaders did - well the ones that thought going into Iraq and Afghanistan were good ideas anyway. And those still unresolved conflicts were caused by relatively small numbers of people compared to the local civilian populations.

Todays wars aren't large standing armies facing off against each other; they are insurgencies - and an unarmed populace are sheep, little else. Which is why the totalitarian left is so desperate to figure out how to get rid of civilians with guns.

The only person making you look bad here is yourself. It pretty ironic that you mention over and over about being mentally deranged when clearly that label fits you perfectly based on the nonsense you have spewed here in this thread.
You gun nuts are really aggressive and you add absolutely nothing to the discussion aside from your vitriol. It makes sense seeing as innocent deaths clearly mean nothing to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back