Valve screwed up HUGELY... cards saying declined, even though they're charged for DOD

Draax said:
Again for the record ... Steam is not the ghost of the Nazi culture reborn in a programming language, nor will it eat your young, or cause your computer to self detonate.

But can it eat your computer and cause your young to self-detonate? :p

I know for sure it can steal your megahertz!

Geez people, Valve's CC processor probably fucked up. It happens, Steam or not. I don't know how many stories I've heard of card processors successfully charging a card only to tell the merchant that the card was declined. I'm not saying any of you guys are stupid, just mis-informed, after all, not everybody runs their own business that routinely has to deal with CC processors.

Seriously though, seems that HL2 and steam works for the majority of customers. The most I've ever seen bitch about steam on here was (Being generous) 100 people. That's 100 out of HOW MANY copies of HL2 that were purchased? I know 3 HL2 purchasers (including myself) that haven't had a single problem. Even if the numbers of pissed off customers on the Steam forums were tenfold what they are here that's still a SIGNIFICANT minority.

Back