Valve is trollin... (HL2 update)

LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
3.7 GB update today, the game is now completely voiced in Korean.
No language options other than english in the audio settings.

EVERYTHING is in Korean. I'm amazed at the lip syncing tech in source, it is very impressive.

What does this mean!?
HalfLife 3 ARG????!?!!?!

Or maybe, fucking nothing..... Valve...
seriously though, its 2013.... this is very.... late? Odd...

I see what you did there....

The VA's are really good, if anyone is wondering....but...
Yeeeeeeeah, wtf is this about?.....

Checked steam and sure enough, it downloaded a 3.7GB update for HL2. I fired up vanilla HL2 just now, but it was normal english, even starting a new game. Then I loaded up Ep 2 and there was absolutely no VA.. no lips moving at all. Everyone just seemed to kinda pantomime what's going on. Valve's weird.

I bet people with limited bandwidth appreciated that massive pointless update... :rolleyes:

prepare for unforeseen consequences

saw this last night on gaf. expected to wake up and see hl3 announced, but noo

3.7 GB for me as well. One of the files contains the blueprints of that ship - Borealis

I read somewhere the Steam Trading Card will leave beta on the 26th before a "big surprise".

I have gotten this update.

Guess they don't like me :-(

They did fix something according to their support Twitter
https://twitter.com/Steam_Support/status/349678346688405505

@Steam_Support
WARNING: The most recent HL2 update has some issues. We're working to fix this, you can pause the update for now. 예측하지 못한 결과에 대비하라...

@Steam_Support10h
UPDATE: Restarting #Steam should resolve any issues with the latest HL2 update.

The korean language translated to "Prepare for unexpected results". That's some serious trolling :p

"Unexpected Results" >>> "Unforseen Consequences"

"Unforseen Consequences" is chapter 3 of the Half-Life storyline & the G-Man says "Prepare for unforseen consequences" at some point in the game.

Either they're really trolling or alluding to something big coming in the HL universe. :confused:

Next gen consoles coming, so is the next gem Source engine to run Left 4 Dead 3. Half Life 3 will wait until the next-next-gen consoles.

But, in honesty, the thought of HL3 actually coming out makes me all stupid excited. I feel like abused wife in a dysfunctional relationship. "Valve takes 8 years to release a game because he loves me. You just need to get to know him and you'll see, he's really a great guy. I mean, sometimes, ya know, I guess he doesn't treat me right, but he says he'll change. I'll just give him another chance. Oh Valve, I love you so much".

I'm just talking about the people in this thread and what the future holds.

Ah, in that case, I hope you're correct. Valve hasn't exactly been fan friendly with HL after Ep2. Sure, Portal 1 & 2 had some cool weirdly connected fan service content built-in but it's not the same as being an actual HL game.

..or valve is updating to cater to the korean gamers.

hmmm. given valve's track record, i would say its nothing more than an actual language update with no subliminal hints and surprises for hl3

It's funny that this got me to play the game again yesterday.
I almost want to play it through again in Korean with Eng subtitles, one could pretend they are in North Korea and Dr. Breen is Kim Jong-un.
Escape from Pongyang. ha ha.

All of this HL3 nonsense is taking Valve away from what really matters, porting Dota 2 to Linux.

Should HL3 be announced I hope there is a substantial Source Engine update that gets rolled out to HL1 & HL2 first.

266.gif

All of this HL3 nonsense is taking Valve away from what really matters, porting Dota 2 to Linux.

This gets my +1

I would say though that before even that they should get 64-bit versions of Steam out on all platforms, but especially linux, because this 32-bit nonsense is driving me crazy.

At this point, I'm beginning to think HL2 was just camouflage for introducing and establishing Steam. Gabe is a very business savvy mastermind. (conspiracy hat off)

I could care less if valve releases HL3 now. They will NEVER EVER be able to make a game that lives up to the hype and expectations of all these years they have been trolling/teasing us. Now they are irrelevant to me as game devs. I dont really care for portal and L4D was decent with friends, DOTA 2 though is terrible. My good will for valve as a developer has almost died but I love what they have done with steam.

Wow, lots of people treating Half-Life as a multi-year investment that they expect to "pay off." You paid for some games, you played those games probably for 10-20 hours each; if you enjoyed them, then congratulations, you made off better than most gamers. Your business relationship is now concluded.

It's not like people pre-funded a game that never appeared.

They will NEVER EVER be able to make a game that lives up to the hype and expectations of all these years they have been trolling/teasing us.

BUT WHAT IF THEY DO? THIS IS VALVE! VALVE IS INFALLIBLE! SOURCE 2 WILL BE MAGICAL!

I didn't even think HL2 was that good. Never got through it.

<ducks>

Back