Valve have hired another developer to work on Linux graphics drivers.

I play plenty of games. Furthermore, as a PC tech who upgrades and builds a variety of PC's from ranging from laptops to standard desktops and full blown gaming machines I'm surrounded by hardware and I get it all at reseller discount. We've been over my VR experience, brain fade again?

LOL! No one that's into PCs and the hardware I am will ever take it to so called tech. RMA all the way!

Getting a little bit childish now? Is that what you do when you're backed against the wall as your argument is hilarious. :LOL:

And when your backed into a wall you can't even mention a single game you've played that benefits from a powerful GPU.

LOL! No one that's into PCs and the hardware I am will ever take it to so called tech. RMA all the way!

Whatever. What's the point of this bullshit ranting? Most PC users cannot rectify issues with their own PC, however most Windows 10 users are fully aware of the fact they're no longer running Windows 7 and they're not happy about it. That includes diehard gamers.

And when your backed into a wall you can't even mention a single game you've played that benefits from a powerful GPU.

I don't need to, it's obvious that a more powerful GPU benefits Linux users as much as it benefits Windows users - For reasons I now understand (intelligence) I grasp just why you are unable to understand this simple, but undesputable, fact.

I can't believe you want me to prove my worth to you by benchmarking games on my own PC! The thought is just retarded.

Last edited:
Whatever. What's the point of this bullshit ranting? Most PC users cannot rectify issues with their own PC, however most Windows 10 users are fully aware of the fact they're no longer running Windows 7 and they're not happy about it. That includes diehard gamers.

It's that you love to go on and on about McDonald's analogies. People who build $5k+ PCs don't equate to McDonald's customers. So while I get the point it's not how I approach PCs.

I don't need to,

Well, you do. What you say here is totally unacceptable to a Windows gamers. You have verifiable numbers or you go home. I didn't just buy $1400 dollars in GPUs because anyone said so. I think your lack on understanding this is why you think people, at least like me, "Just use Windows". You're so far not doing everything as to not understand very basic principles.

I can't believe you want me to prove my worth to you by benchmarking games on my own PC! The thought is just retarded.

It's got nothing to do with YOUR worth. Again, you should probably read more on the content on this site. That content has nothing to do with proving the worth of those that wrote it, it's all about if someone should spend a decent chunk of change on something that most people would have no idea what it was in first place.

It's that you love to go on and on about McDonald's analogies. People who build $5k+ PCs don't equate to McDonald's customers. So while I get the point it's not how I approach PCs.

McDonalds is popular, it's not great, it fills the peak on the bell curve, it's not the worst. By comparison Windows is no different, it is the McDonalds of operating systems, it's a great example of why popular is not great. By that analogy, if you buy Windows you can very well be compared to a McDonalds customer.

Well, you do. What you say here is totally unacceptable to a Windows gamers. You have verifiable numbers or you go home. I didn't just buy $1400 dollars in GPUs because anyone said so. I think your lack on understanding this is why you think people, at least like me, "Just use Windows". You're so far not doing everything as to not understand very basic principles.

Verifiable numbers are all over the internet? Here's a review that shows great improvements, for anyone that games at 4k or has a 120Hz monitor or likes to crank the AA/AF there's no doubt a 1080Ti would be of benefit to Linux users. I see no reason whatsoever why I have to benchmark my own machine? Well...I do see one reason, you're getting all pissy and clutching at straws in some vain attempt to try and discredit me. Good luck.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia-geforce-gtx1080ti&num=5

It's got nothing to do with YOUR worth. Again, you should probably read more on the content on this site. That content has nothing to do with proving the worth of those that wrote it, it's all about if someone should spend a decent chunk of change on something that most people would have no idea what it was in first place.

Words... Random... Jumble... Rubbish...

WTF are you even on about here!

Look. You've once again dragged a perfectly good thread in the Linux forums of all things off topic due to your agenda against people jumping from Windows to Linux. What you're going to do now is go away, you've tried to make a point, you failed miserably. If you don't choose to go away I'll get the mods involved.

I'm tired of this crap.

Is it just me or is the old 'script kiddie' term starting to become 'gamer kiddie' nowadays? :D

Is it just me or is the old 'script kiddie' term starting to become 'gamer kiddie' nowadays? :D

It does your head in. I post factual experiences of my Linux usage in an attempt to dispel much of the misinformed rantings of certain Windows users and I'm flat out told I'm wrong and overstating Linux! From individuals that don't even use desktop Linux of all things!

It appears that simply running Windows and only Windows validates your own worthless opinion over the experiences of everyone else and apparently Linux users are the ones with attitude problems! Look at this thread, all from a factual link about Valve putting more into Linux driver development, fuck me.

I'd just like to say that I hope Linux gets more support. Recently, I gave Linux Mint a try, and as a total newbie to Linux, I had no idea what to expect. Well, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to install and get up and running. I love it. Maybe Valve should contract with other game developers to port over windows games to Linux, since they don't really "make" their own games any more. I'd drop Windows 10 in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter to me if I don't get 154fps in game, as long as it runs well. Also I don't give two shits about VR, I'm not wearing goggles to play games.

I'd just like to say that I hope Linux gets more support. Recently, I gave Linux Mint a try, and as a total newbie to Linux, I had no idea what to expect. Well, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to install and get up and running. I love it. Maybe Valve should contract with other game developers to port over windows games to Linux, since they don't really "make" their own games any more. I'd drop Windows 10 in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter to me if I don't get 154fps in game, as long as it runs well. Also I don't give two shits about VR, I'm not wearing goggles to play games.

Great news Travolta, personally I just love my Linux install and for the first time in a long time I feel like my PC is my own again and I can still play most of the games I enjoy just fine. Good job at approaching the transition with an open mind, onwards and upwards my friend!

From what I see Valve are doing the best they can and they really have done an amazing job thus far, the issue is that adoption needs to grow and for many giving up Windows is harder than quitting smoking - Just like big tobacco Microsoft has done everything they can to ensure people are dependant on their product.

Browsing this thread, the guy with the 4 1080Ti cards and the vr googles is either Satya Nadella or all that EM radiation is messing with your noggin. Go outside, preferably without the goggles. :p

Browsing this thread, the guy with the 4 1080Ti cards and the vr googles is either Satya Nadella or all that EM radiation is messing with your noggin. Go outside, preferably without the goggles. :p

His completely over the top. I swear to God if he doesn't work for MS than his working for a marketing company representing MS, as his forceful attitude regarding MS is way beyond normal fanboi or even shill behaviour.

There was a time when I considered going VR - it's perfect for the flight simulator I used to play. Then I looked at the device cost vs maturity of technology and how many hours / month I spent playing. I ended up just closing my game account instead.

There was a time when I considered going VR - it's perfect for the flight simulator I used to play. Then I looked at the device cost vs maturity of technology and how many hours / month I spent playing. I ended up just closing my game account instead.

As I always stated. I have no problem spending money, but the cost has to be justifiable. If I can't justify it I'm not going to buy it just to keep up with the crowd. My goal in life is to get ahead, not to end up with overpriced toys that I rarely use that out date quickly with little in the way of savings.

Back