Valkyria Chronicles 3 released (jpn)

Frobozz

[H]ard|Gawd
So yes.. today was squeal like a girl and jump up and down delivery day. Just curious if anyone else was fan enough of the Valkyria series to pick it up.
vc3box.png

vc3aa.png

vc3b.png

Kurt Irving better not turn out to be a giant vagina...
vc3a.png

Last edited:
i pre orderd also but haven't opened it
however i did not get galia document with my copy..
whats in it? ;<

i pre orderd also but haven't opened it
however i did not get galia document with my copy..
whats in it? ;<

It's a little 3 page Galian Journal (surely about the 422 but the details are going to be an adventure in dictionary usage for me) -- the big thing looks to be a DLC code. I assume it'll require setting up an account on the JPN Playstation Network to redeem.

do you mind taking picture of document's content and link em to me in pm or something?
im japanese

Meh, it's a huge kick in the nuts to have them eviscerate another game to fit on the PSP after they already made that mistake once. VC1 was so much better than VC2 in terms of gameplay and creativity in the map designs. Not really interested in another slog on mostly flat, boring maps that have been sliced up to fit the PSPs limitations. Give me my 15-25 or so REAL levels instead of hundreds of "missions" that are just generic crap rearranged. If VC3 is anything like VC2 I probably won't buy it.

VC3 is more like VC1 with improvement as far as i know
and i feel ya i didn't like VC2 either

I guess I was ignorant to the fact you can play a PSP on your TV. Is that with a PS3 and cables or just cables? I was upset they didnt make PS3 sequals to the first game but being able to play on my TV would make me reconsider purchasing a PSP.

do you mind taking picture of document's content and link em to me in pm or something?
im japanese

Sure thing. I'll send a PM tonight.

casperinian said:
I guess I was ignorant to the fact you can play a PSP on your TV. Is that with a PS3 and cables or just cables? I was upset they didnt make PS3 sequals to the first game but being able to play on my TV would make me reconsider purchasing a PSP.

Yeah! They have component cables for the PSP. I'm not sure if they're available for all models, but at least the 2000 can do it.
edit: The comments on that product page say that it'll work with the 3000 as well.

To add to Frobozz's post, just like the image, the video output will not take up the entire screen on the TV. Zoom helps take up more space but it still will not take up the entire screen (I believe the images here have zoom enabled on the TV).

Ugh PSP? When will they release another one on the PS3? I would go out and buy it right now if it was on PS3.

As they say watashi no nihongo warui desu ;) So i'm painfully waiting for western release.

Meh, it's a huge kick in the nuts to have them eviscerate another game to fit on the PSP after they already made that mistake once. VC1 was so much better than VC2 in terms of gameplay and creativity in the map designs. Not really interested in another slog on mostly flat, boring maps that have been sliced up to fit the PSPs limitations. Give me my 15-25 or so REAL levels instead of hundreds of "missions" that are just generic crap rearranged. If VC3 is anything like VC2 I probably won't buy it.

VC2 was improvement in gameplay and mechanics over VC1. But i doubt you have even seen anything VC3 related considering you don't realise what was changed

BTW have you guys preordered Design archive english book ?
http://www.amazon.com/Valkyria-Chro...8162/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1296311494&sr=8-6

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I hate that all my favorite games, especially rpgs are handheld now. I dont want that.

I hate that all my favorite games, especially rpgs are handheld now. I dont want that.

yea i know but what can we do?
japanese devs are mostly small and don't have access to huge movie like funding as west devs do.. hd games does cost tons of money to develop
in most cases they are minus.. even tales series has been loss on both vesperia and graces as far as i know.

to Froboz
How far are you into game now?
i've been playing it for past 2 hours and i already liking it tons more than VC2
i'm glad they went back to old style

The first game is one of the best strategy games I've ever played. I don't have a psp so I cant comment on the 2nd.

yea i know but what can we do?
japanese devs are mostly small and don't have access to huge movie like funding as west devs do.. hd games does cost tons of money to develop
in most cases they are minus.. even tales series has been loss on both vesperia and graces as far as i know.

That is true, game cost has gone through the roof. I dont mind the graphics at all, I just dont want to play them on a handheld. Nothing to be done about it I suppose. Currently, I just gave up playing them at all.

to Froboz
How far are you into game now?
i've been playing it for past 2 hours and i already liking it tons more than VC2
i'm glad they went back to old style

I haven't had a chance to play as much as I've wanted. Just got through the first mission after joining the Nameless. I'm really liking that the setting went back to the battlefront with a serious tone. Can't say that I've noticed any big mission gameplay changes over VC2 yet, but I'm still in the tutorial missions.

Due to the game setting, there is a lot of vocabulary used that we didn't cover in school. (I mean... Why didn't we cover critical life & death words like 'sandbag' and 'crouch'? :D ) So for me it probably won't be a casual gameplay experience in the way VC2 was. With VC2 I could easily do a mission and a few scripted scenes over the lunch break at work.

Oh, one thing that I love is that much more of the game is voiced compared to VC2. I don't know how many times Avan made me want to turn off the PSP due to repeated "uuuaaahhhh?!!" and "ah HA HAHAHAHA!"
I hope they keep it up as I go through the rest of the game. Hearing the dialogue also helps me out a lot in looking things up and getting the overall seriousness of the discussion.

VC2 was improvement in gameplay and mechanics over VC1. But i doubt you have even seen anything VC3 related considering you don't realise what was changed

Sorry bro, VC2 sucked. Maybe you have time to waste farming a bunch of generic cut and paste missions for randomly assigned credits, but most people have more games than they have time to play them and a game with 80% filler content is not welcome. The lack of attention to detail on the environments/missions also extended to the characters, which were almost all generic anime tropes with no redeeming qualities. Maybe you never actually played VC1? Most of the maps had large, complex layouts with interesting objectives, rather than just killing a bunch of generic enemies on flat terrain.

Back