Valentines Day Gaming Stories

CreganTur

Gawd
Valentines day is here again. Do any of you have good Valenties day stories that involve gaming?

Propose during a game of Quake? Get broken up with during an MMORPG date? FedEx your sweetie a legendary weapon in WOW?

Whatever your story, no matter how sweet or embarassing, we want to hear it!

3-4 years ago when I was with my last girlfriend I got an *AHEM* under the desk while playing CS

:D

Yes yes, I know.

Bucky lastard

Promised my wife I wouldn't play any games on V-Day one year.

12:01, fired up a game of CS.

God I'm such an addict :D

3-4 years ago when I was with my last girlfriend I got an *AHEM* under the desk while playing CS

Yes yes, I know.

Bucky lastard

I've always wondered what that would be like... my score probably wouldnt be that great though :(

I gave my wife her v-day card while i waited for vanguard to load this morning, to get a few mins in b4 work.

Sexy huh?

Yes yes, I know.

Bucky lastard

I don't want be the PITA but i thing thats sad.... :(
i'd stop CSS rite away ( telling my buddies i had to work on my social life ^^ ) and return the pleasure ^^.

thats just me though :)
anyway if your GF hads no problems with it, i shouldn't either ^^ (duh... )

Ontopic: Getting gold items and Major Runes in GW from random peeps cos i am a female char with the name ' Tia Tiarah ' :rolleyes: ....some guys need some attention for the girls....really...

If GF not happy about gaming, probably not the right one for you anyways ;)

my gf was sitting behind me while I was playing oblivion and I get some "attention"..... ;) :D

If GF not happy about gaming, probably not the right one for you anyways
Mine's the right one and a gamer :)

I got a text message from a girl one year telling me not to spend too much for her on valentines day but she said 'just get me a card or something. So I got her a used radeon 9800 pro and she broke up with me. Go figure... (all untrue)

Well, this year, I got my wife Super Princess Peach for her Pink DS. The cool thing is, thats going to thrill her waaaaay more than chocolates or roses. She almost crapped when I got her the pink DS for christmas, and shes wanted this game for months.

I have a very cool, very game tolerant wife, who goes nowhere without her tinkerbell covered, tinkerbell charms dangling, pink DS.

She rocks.

I don't want be the PITA but i thing thats sad.... :(
i'd stop CSS rite away ( telling my buddies i had to work on my social life ^^ ) and return the pleasure ^^.

thats just me though :)
anyway if your GF hads no problems with it, i shouldn't either ^^ (duh... )

Ontopic: Getting gold items and Major Runes in GW from random peeps cos i am a female char with the name ' Tia Tiarah ' :rolleyes: ....some guys need some attention for the girls....really...

It was at the end of the day and we'd done other stuff together, I was just chillin out and she wanted to give me a good time, I wasn't going to object :D

You know what I havn't had a g/f since then, I've been single for a good few years now, I'm actually OK with it.

I met my girlfriend on WoW. Seriously. ^_^

This is our first V-day together. To brag further or to provide more details wouldn't be gentlemanly of me ^_~

I got a text message from a girl one year telling me not to spend too much for her on valentines day but she said 'just get me a card or something. So I got her a used radeon 9800 pro and she broke up with me. Go figure... (all untrue)

LOL!

Whatever your story, no matter how sweet or embarassing, we want to hear it!

Logged into WoW, and I was wandering around Stormwind, wondering 'what are all these hearts and crap around for? I thought Easter was a long way away!'

I keep walking around, noticing hearts on people here and there, and emo stuff in the chats like 'Can someone mend my broken heart?', and finally it dawns when I find a quest about all this...

Valentines Day. God, I felt slow.

It was at the end of the day and we'd done other stuff together, I was just chillin out and she wanted to give me a good time, I wasn't going to object :D

You know what I havn't had a g/f since then, I've been single for a good few years now, I'm actually OK with it.

Get er back, dude ^^ ;)

Made reservations for dinner at some waterfront view, day before V-day, then it freaking snows on V-day :mad: , were in NYC so we decided to just stay home, and order take-out, told her to stay home while I take the car out to pick it up. Once i got there I drove into pile of snow that wasnt even high and got stuck for fucking 10mins, trying to reverse/forward.

Finally got out, and then I went to try and get some Last Min. roses, saw this place that had, but the parking lot was packed full of snow, I then decided fuck this, I dont want to get stuck again, and drove home, as soon as I was in front of the house, I started thinking, she doesnt expect me to bring flowers, and I knew how happy it would make her + the thought that (All girls love flowers)

I turned the freaking car around and went back to that place that had flowers i saw earlier, mind you this is 7pm on a snowy day in NYC, so im glad this place was open, of course things couldnt be simple, and they had a small parking lot, but the snow was alot higher then the one I just got stuck in earlier, so i picked up speed, and drove through it all, made it half way up the parking spot, went in and got it, I knew I would regret it when I had to pull the car back out, and boy did I, got stuck for 15mins :mad: and I was about to give up, and call friends to help bump or push car back out, but my little heart knew how important it was for me to get home ASAP and surprise her.

She was surprised when i got her flowers, and a 300bux gift certificate, which i was planning on spending on a new Video Card, but owells, gotta make sacrifices right, especially for that special person.

Then some buddies called up, and wanted to come over, but I didnt know what to say, but she figured it out, and told me tell them to come over, we'll all hang out, and they bought over 2bottles of wine, then later on, she wanted to play some CS:Source so i put it on for her and watched her play for a little bit, then we spent our night together, with my buddies drinking in my living room

Good stories :)

Personally I think sweetest day and V-day is highly overrated. :)

Good stories :)

Personally I think sweetest day and V-day is highly overrated. :)

Aye, they are, but girls don't think so. Better to take them to dinner than to spend the night fighting, although the fighting is free :D

Sweetest Day is total bullshit though. I don't even know what day it is.

Sweetest Day is total bullshit though. I don't even know what day it is.

Same here. What the fuck is that? I guess they aren't making enough money from V Day already.

I spent my V-Day getting piss drunk, and playing through Starfox 64 for the 15 medals...and then expert mode.

FOX! HELP ME! HIT THE WEAK SPOT! DO A BARREL ROLL! USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!

*ahem*, sorry, back on topic now. :)

I played a bit of Saint's Row while my wife messed around on the PC with her new Shuffle that I got her...

that's about it.

^^^nice...What type of ring did you get her? Is it from arctic cooling, a zalman, or perhaps from Jared?

Since everybody has had such a great Feb. 14, I think I'll rain on your parade now:

2006: Girl finds out I like her, everybody actually finds out, pushes us both away from each other. As part of a school charity event, I went as Master Chief. Some guy in the moment hits me with a broomhandle and goes "Wort Wort Wort."

2007: Sprained my hand sledding. Everybody expects me to give above girl present. Want to play more Wii Bowling.

So I was actually sober when sliding down a hill, but I messed up my wrist and flew into a guy (Think: Domino Effect.) Then I'm expected to give this girl a present, and I don't.. cause giving a present to a girl with a bf is like committing suicide. Thanks to the domino effect, I went to find a Wii for Wii Sports. I find none. :|

we got a freak blizzard that closed schools and business all over so me and the GF played WoW all valentines day.

This is hardly even fair. I know I live in south GA, so I shouldn't complain about temps (sorry NYC guy), but I didn't game on V-day. I grilled. My GF and I decided to cook for ourselves instead of going out. She's not a cooker... I ended up cooking everything except the instant mashed potatoes.

I'm outside in 38 F weather in the wind grilling a huge T-bone :)D ) and some chicken breasts (for her) and running back inside to check on the shrimp I was stir frying. After about 20 minutes of back and forth, I was done and I got to eat a > 1 lb T-bone, about a dozen shrimp, mashed potatoes and 3 biscuits. It was great. I still didn't get any gaming done. But I liked the food. I'm not big on sentimental holidays, and I especially hate being forced or coerced into doing something "nice." I'd much rather do it spontaneously on my own, not subscribe to the "BUY HER THIS!" mentality. Meh... no choice, really. Girls are girls.

I was gonna say like a foot massager or something... but subwoofer makes more sense...

How many watts?

I thank my lucky stars that my wife doesn't get into these holidays. Although on Christmas when she gave me Oblivion I told her she ended our relationship. I don't think she believed me when I played until 6am the next morning. I think I burned myself out on it though, damn 360 load times. She laughs every time she sees the load screen now.

I met my girlfriend on WoW. Seriously. ^_^

This is our first V-day together. To brag further or to provide more details wouldn't be gentlemanly of me ^_~

Honey I don't know how to tell you this but I'm a guy. Your night elf of <3

bwahahaha it had to be done sorry ><

For me, the holiness of gaming and the horribleness of valentines day are kept separate. Why mix the two?

my gf was sitting behind me while I was playing oblivion and I get some "attention"..... ;) :D

Mine's the right one and a gamer :)

I knew mine was the one when she would ask me questions about the logistics of the games I played. She's never gamed in her life, and will never be a gamer, but she's willing to take an interest in one of my hobbies.

Back