Valentine's Day: 48 roses $36.99 + s&h

Looks like the "carpet bombing of roses" technique failed. We're all such suckers for our deals
tongue.gif

The carpet bombing analogy made me laugh out loud though. REALLY loud. God that was freaking great.

Somehow I knew they would suck, glad I decided to just use Proflowers like usual. Sorry you guys had to get the shaft.

You are now the 3rd person today that has said that Proflowers is good. Guess I'll give them a try next time.

maademperor said:
Somehow I knew they would suck, glad I decided to just use Proflowers like usual. Sorry you guys had to get the shaft.

Just saw the ones that came for my GF, they were in pretty decent shape, few of the tips were brown, but overall pretty good. Think I'll go with another company next year, though.

Sorry to hear about the bad flowers so far. I can't say how the ones for my wife are since it is almost 6pm EST and her's hasn't even been delivered yet.

Yep, crappy flowers here too. Brown tips AND I have some renegade weed in one of my bundles... So, time for customer service emails and phone calls. I didn't expect a whole lot, but I could have picked up a bunch of mostly dead flowers from a dumpster nearby in a couple days...

As a side note, I can also vouch for ProFlowers. They've always done good by me. FTD.com and 800F, not so much.

posterChild

Oh boy, you guys have me all scared now. Where are you guys located? I thought 1800 flowers used local florists and I hope to heck they do. I had some sent to my GF in Long Island. I know I've seen 1800 flower stores near where she leaves, even a huge corporate office building so hopefully she'll get a different batch. Time to call and find out....

DudeItsMe said:
Looks like the "carpet bombing of roses" technique failed. We're all such suckers for our deals
tongue.gif

The carpet bombing analogy made me laugh out loud though. REALLY loud. God that was freaking great.

Wait for it...wait for it...

told you so!

My order confirmation says satisfaction is guaranteed. Since the flowers for my wife never showed, I guess you could lable me as "unsatisfied." Instead of bitching about it here, perhaps we should, I dunno, get our money back? :eek:

Just confirmed with my GF and no problems what-so-ever - she loves them!

I ordered these then changed to 2(24) dozen premium long stem pink roses and a box of choc strawberrys.

she got 12 pink ones 6 peach roses total = 18 roses.. and box of choc strawberrys are still in transit. Mind you shes off work and @ home.. 176.00 well spent.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: first time with 1800flowers.com.. probably last :eek:

yeah seriously, refund, on the package i got, the sender was listed from new york, next day air.

I ordered choclates they havent made it as well. Ordered on jan 27th this is ridiculous. Cant call 1800 flowers they dont place you in a queue it says all representatives are busy goodbye. Such dicks i am gonna get a refund.

Wow what shitty flowers. 1 bud had fallen off when she opened the package. Several were brown tips and dryed out. These are the smallest flowers I ever seen. This is a diffinate bad experiance. I will be calling for replacemaent or refund for sure. Last year I order the dozen roses with free 1/2 dozen and the flowers were the best we have ever seen. I've been married 25 years and these are the shittest fowers I ever bought for my wife.

1800flowers isn't all bad. SHIPPED FLOWERS ARE BAD!

This is what you need to understand, shipped flowers from just about anywhere are going to suck unless they're shipped next-day or overnight (which often costs more than $25!). I browsed the 1800flowers.com site until I found something nice that was local florist delivered instead of shipped and I ordered those instead of shipped roses and my girl totally loved them. I've shopped 1800flowers.com before and I have always purchased local florist-delivered items and I have never once been disappointed, nor have the recipients of my gifts.

If you're ordering shipped flowers you're almost always going to get burned.
If you're ordering locally-delivered flowers, you almost always win.

Well sorry to hear of everyones flowers problems. I ordered these for my Anniversary which was last week and they came out super. Be aware that these flowers dont have the great look and potential until you give it some time in a vase with water then they will star to open up. The brown collor roses are actually a certain flower type of rose just give it sometime and you will see what I am talking about. Just remember they are shipped and have been a box without water. All flowers that come shipped occassionally look like what you all are upset with, add water and watch them change in a few hours.

No i think they were overhwlemed with the orders and fumbled things up. No need tos tick up for them if they can't handle such occasions that' what a flower job does and lives on.

I ordered on jan27th but my stuff hasnt even reached when i paid $10 shipping for 6 lil choclates. Ridiculous. I would pay more shipping if they asked and said we cannot guarantee but they said they do. Just poor...piss poor is 1800-flowers

Well, my gf got the 48 flowers on Friday - as of yesterday, some of them have brown spots and are wilting. She called them - they said they would try and contact me to replace the flowers (they tried once) because I had to O.K the re-shipping of the flowers. They told her that they would try repeatedly to contact me, yet they haven't called me back. Both my gf and I called the company today, and neither of us were able to get through. I'm trying again tomorrow to contact them. I like that they said they would re-ship the order again, but other than that, service hasn't been very good. Next year, I'm goin back to the local flower shop.

Yeah, this is total bullshit... I made this thread because i figured we all could make our loved ones happy, but instead we all got shafted.

My girl got her flowers today as well, and its fucking messed up (sorry im just really upset)

Their 800 number is not working, when you call they simply say "all our operators are busy, goodbye" The corporate number is wortless as well.

As for the chat, I been on queue for over 5 HOURS and still have 200+ ahead of me, there were over 600 people ahead of me when I started (figures since they shut their phones shown)

POS COMPANY, I WILL NEVER DO BUSSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN!!

I have ordered twice from them before, and the roses where awesome, freaking huge and perfect in every way. Hell my girl was the envy of every other woman @ her workplace. But she was really sad today... The way they packaged these flowers was a joke, they simply stuck them to a sponge and thats it, what's more, the base included didn't even fit the flowers. (in previous orders, every single rose had a water supply, the box had a "cold pack" and the roses where amazing out of the box)

but it gets worse.

out of 48 roses she received, only 3 were decent, the rest where brown, broken or had broken stems, dead leafs, or just plain a stick with no flower on top and most weren't even as big as a quarter.

complete and utter bullshit. but judge for your self...

THESE ARE THE ONES IN THIS BS "OFFER" (received by my gf today)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

BELOW ARE THE ONES PREVIOUSLY ORDERED (and why I recommended them, and this is my old camera, but even though the pics arent as good, you can see the quality of the flowers)

6.jpg

8.jpg

be sure to fight for what your girl deserves, I am...

Good luck to you guys,
Neo..

OMG I cant belive they ship you that shit you should sent those pics to them!! Im so glad I pass on the deal and just bought some at my loca HEB, bought the vace, and a HUGE I love you ballon in the shape of the heart. Total 33 bucks with tax, took them home I put them in the vace and in order. When i got to work had a friend take them to my wife's work and it looked like it was a currier. Dude I am sorry for the shitty flowers you got, I will never order from them.

sucks.. sorry for the bad flowers....

I used ProFlowers for the first time, and have to say, I am happy and the wife was ecstatic!

Pics from her camera phone today :)
Box.JPG

Flowers.JPG

I think the carpet bombs missed their target
frown.gif

Yeah, those flowers are bull. Like someone above said, I'd fight to get it fixed/refunded. There is NO excuse to ship flowers that look like they came out of a dumpster. I'm sure someone could have found better flowers in a dumpster.

Its not even the money really. I mean if they replace the flowers wtf is the point. Valentines day is over, it was ruined. Refund will make you a bit happier but whatever happened can't be fixed by a simple refund on their part. It sucks i feel especially sorry for the guy who had to see his loved ones face upon opening these.

NEO,

Wow those pictures say it all. Those flowers are really F-ed Up. Sorry but it was the thought that counts right. I hope they give you your money back and still replace those flowers with no charge.

Thanks for posting those pictures NEODARK!!! It looks like you came over to my place and photographed the ones I got!!! I don't think everyone on this thread understands how bad the flowers are and that picture really helps to convey what many of us are seeing and why we are outraged. I understand that these weren't suppose to be the best flowers ever, but, as the pictures show, they aren't even good enough to warrant trying to see if the get better in water.

I've sent in my email to customer service. Should be about forever before I hear back. At least we all know who NOT to use for Mother's Day.

posterChild

Neodark, when you used 1800flowers before, were the flowers shipped or delivered by a local florist? :confused:

Spoke with 800-Flowers today; they are supposedly crediting back the entire purchase price.

Luckily mine were not as bad as Neo's, sorry to see that Neo, good luck getting it fixed. However mine too had some wilted and brown pedals. After putting them in water and a vase they got a little better but not spectacular. I've used 1800flowers before and I don't remember them being this bad. I think you are right, they got overwhelmed even though they put the special up weeks before thinking most guys will wait till the last minute.

syukton said:
Neodark, when you used 1800flowers before, were the flowers shipped or delivered by a local florist? :confused:
1-800flowers has arrangements that are shippped via UPS and FedEx as well as arrangements delivered by a local florist.

The UPS and FedEx products are shipped straight from the grower whereas the regular products will be made up and delivered by a florist locally in your area.

This deal was on roses shipped straight from one of the growers that 1-800 has a partnership with. Thats why they were so cheap. They skip all the middle people like wholesaler and florist. Unfortunately it appears that they have not perfected shipping flowers yet.

Sorry to hear all your arrangements were in such bad condition! :(

the chocolate strawberry's i ordered for valentines day (that should have came sometime near the same time as the flowers) are still in transit?!?!?! WTF!! its 2/15 now :eek: :mad: I dont want them anymore. damn it

and they wont answer me call. its either busy signal. or something something good bye!

syukton said:

they weren't local, Im in VA, and these came from KY.

what really amazes me is the packaging, im telling you guys, these were way sub-standard. not a single flower had the independent water supply, also no "cold pack" guess those really make a difference.

One more thing. I got trough yesterday nitght (late night) only to their order entry line, and they told me they had 2 call centers. 1 specifically for valentines located in NY, and the one I got trough to that was non-valentines related. The CSR I spoke to was frustrated, because she said that they ON PURPOSE setup the lines to hang up on people. SHe said she had been getting calls from angry customers all day about issues with flowers.

in short, she said customers:

1 get dead flowers
2 flowers still in transit
3 never get flowers
4 get box empty

so they completely got overwhelmed it seems. She couldnt help me, and said to try today or tomorrow.

we'll see, I hope I get a full refund though. but like the other guy said, its not even about the money, its about the bullshit they are pulling.

NEODARK said:
they weren't local, Im in VA, and these came from KY.
in short, she said customers:
1 get dead flowers
2 flowers still in transit
3 never get flowers
4 get box empty

I'm in VA too, as I mentioned above (post 84), mine were _okay_. After reading your post, I think I'll go with ProFlowers or a local shop, next time. Thanks for the informative post!

yeah, i just send a form, not gonna wait in que online, i will dispute the charge though..mine came like his pics to.

My gf just got the strawberry's the dry ice? or wahtever cooling package they packed it with is now melted and the strwaberry's smell spoiled (obviously there a day late was supposed to be delivered yesterday) and 1800 flowers not picking phone. :rolleyes: disputed charge with AMEX :mad:

Last TIme I ever order from 1800 flowers.. ANd I warn others to stay away.. this is horrible for $176.00 nothign went right I should have just gone to a local shop.. :rolleyes:

vorpel said:
Hey OP/Everyone.

My wife just got her flowers from this deal, and they are the worst looking roses I have ever seen. Half of them have black on the tips of the petals, and they were all smashed together.

I appreciate you looking out for us OP, but 1800flowers will never get my business again. My poor wife has to act happy in front of her co-workers which is total $#%$! (we work together, so I got the pleasure of watching her disappointed face when she opened the box).

I sincerely hope mine are the only ones that stink this bad. Good luck.

Thanks.

My wife's were equally poor. Wilted, brown at the edges, and are unlikely to ever open. Delivery time was so late she barely got them before leaving work for the day. Never again. I will be attempting to call or contact them. and voice my displeasure.

EDIT: Have called and got the same crap everyone else did. Will take digicam pics this afternoon, right before I call Visa to talk about disputing the charges. What ridiculous service.

LoneWolf said:
My wife's were equally poor. Wilted, brown at the edges, and are unlikely to ever open. Delivery time was so late she barely got them before leaving work for the day. Never again. I will be attempting to call or contact them. and voice my displeasure.

.. No wonder 1800flowers number is busy.. everyone is being screwed by them :eek:

My wife likes hers, but they delivered them at 5pm, and she works at an ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Brown tips on some of them. I got a much better reaction from the office chair I got her for christmas, so this is probably my last 1800flowers order.

Back