Vagueness About ‘Pirate’ Domain Seizures Disturbs US Politicians

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know, it is ironic that politicians say the "vagueness" about domain seizures disturbs them. The vagueness? The vagueness? These guys created the vagueness. Hell, politicians specialize in vagueness. I guess statements like this wouldn't be so bad if the average politician didn't need a fact finding committee to tell them where their asses are in the first place. :(

Domain seizures of alleged pirate sites continue to be criticized in the United States. Two of the most outspoken politicians on the issue have asked the responsible authorities about the legitimacy of the seizures, but received insufficient answers. In a response both politicians characterize the seizures as censorship and claim that the authorities “demonstrate little if any understanding of the Internet’s value and function.”

Obama admin DOJ authorities “demonstrate little if any understanding of the anything’s value and function.”

Fixed.

Politicians suck, but what the current DOJ has been doing as much sense as Darth Vader filtering sea water with a Britta.

I 'd like to see filtering seawater with a Britta.Politicians are educated morons.Common sense is something they need to look up in a dictionary,because they don't have any.

Vagueness? The word should be criminality. The Obama administration is illegally confiscating websites with no regards for due process.

Obama has been bought and paid for by the MAFIAA, and is making George Bush look good.

Vagueness? The word should be criminality. The Obama administration is illegally confiscating websites with no regards for due process.

Obama has been bought and paid for by the MAFIAA, and is making George Bush look good.

Biden's the big media guy, not Obama.

Article from 2008: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10024163-38.html

This is no surprise, during his tenure he proposed pro RIAA law after law. You like the DMCA? Well, ask him about the party to celebrate it going through when it did. Look at that page for the list of things he tried to get passed, and failed. They make the DMCA look tame.

I 'd like to see filtering seawater with a Britta.Politicians are educated morons.Common sense is something they need to look up in a dictionary,because they don't have any.

Here ya go.

sense-darth-vader-demotivational-po.jpg

Cynicism aside, it's nice that this BS is finally being noticed by someone with the authority to do something about it.

I still want to know what Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement is involved in COPYRIGHT issues. Shouldn't they be, gee, I don't know, keeping tabs on the nut jobs that shout "death to America!" and keeping them out of the country? I could go into a serious rant on this...

So... I think the complaint here is that torrent finder sites are being shut down?
So the problem is?

As far as Obama being worse than Bush, I'll say in some ways. The media typically owns more democrats while big oil typically owns more republicans. Pick your poison kinda :(

So... I think the complaint here is that torrent finder sites are being shut down?
So the problem is?
(

Didn't read the article eh? Problem is no oversight, and they're making huge mistakes. Like the time they took over 80,000 websites offline with a notice that they were all involved in illegal activities, but oops - it was a mistake and they not only took down a bunch of innocent sites but they also slandered them with accusations of illegal behavior where there weren't any.

Quote from article: 'Domain seizures without due process are a form of censorship. In this instance, our government has seized domains with nothing more than the rubber stamp of a magistrate, without any prior notice or adversarial process, leaving the authors of these sites with the burden of proving their innocence'

Come on guys... theres two politicians who are against censoring the internet and calling out the responsible parties. Why are you not supporting them?

So the problem is?

As far as Obama being worse than Bush, I'll say in some ways. The media typically owns more democrats while big oil typically owns more republicans. Pick your poison kinda :(

Seriously? We had a whole thread on this bullshit not too long ago, where the same bullshit argument (it's only torrent sites, yadi yadi yadi) was being tossed round and round. EFF, PK, and various other groups are ALL against this bullshit. Read up and understand what is being done, rather then just dismissing it with the standard "it only affects you if you're a pirate" BULLSHIT.

I

So the problem is?

The problem is that the Government is just shutting sites down "because they can". There's no due process, you know, those RIGHTS everyone clamors about that are guaranteed in the US Constitution? How would you like it if they came along and just shut down Google and every other search engine out there because they MIGHT link to a site that MIGHT have copyrighted material hosted illegally on it? That's all a torrent finder site is doing is running a search. Google runs searches, Bing runs searches... the only difference is the manner in which you're downloading - torrent vs http. Shutting down trackers amounts to an illegal seizure.

Now as for you... You're acting like the kind of ignorant tool that thinks that as long as it's not personally affecting them it's no big deal. You need to get a flocking clue here feather-brain. Unchecked it WILL eventually affect something you use and by the time you come crying about it the damage will be done. This has NOTHING to do with Democrats vs Republicans and EVERYTHING to do with government bureaucrats overstepping their authority and needing to be stopped before their "good intentions" turn the internet in the US into China 2.0. It needs to be stopped NOW. :mad:

Back