v.me bull @ TD

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
UPDATE****

So yesterday, after reading this post I presume, our local Hard TD rep sent me a PM apologizing for the issue. He/She stated that they were going to have customer service contact me to try to make the situation right and asked if I could please provide my contact info and order number (I had already cancelled the order at this point). I replied with my info, thanking the rep for taking the time to message me.

I got another PM this morning from same rep indicating they were going to honor the sale price I should have gotten and give me a call about it today. About an hour ago I got a call from a very nice guy named Edwin who told me they were going to charge me the 119.99 for the drive and throw in free shipping for my troubles. He also said they would expedite the processing and get it shipped out today. He gave me his direct extension and told me to call if I had any problems.

Props to Tiger for making right an otherwise miserable experience. Clearly being a Hard member has its perks as well.

So I went to order a kingston 240gb SSD for 139.99 with the understanding that I could use the v.me checkout (which says it's good for any purchase over 100 dollars) to make my total cost 119.99 plus shipping. When I got to the check out page, the discount was not reflected, so I opened a chat window with a CSR, who told me that the discount wouldn't be reflected until I actually checked out. I was skeptical, so I reiterated my concern that the discount was not visible and asked her to confirm that it would appear after checkout. She said it would, again.

I placed the order, and sure enough, no discount. Afterwards I informed her of the issue, and she said I must have logged in incorrectly, so I should cancel the order and try again.

I still can't cancel the order, either online (the order doesn't show up under history, despite sending me an email with an order number), or on the phone (I've been on hold for 30 minutes)

I decided to swap browsers and see if I could get the discount to reflect (I still couldn't). When I told the CSR, she asked for the item number. When I gave it to her, she then said "That item doesn't have a v.me logo, so it's not elligible".

On the front page of tigerdirect.com, there is an image on the right side that says "20 dollars off any 100 dollar order" When I informed her of this, she repeated the sentiment about it not being an applicable item. When I demanded that she cancel the order, she stated that I had to call customer service or cancel it myself (both of which are proving fruitless right now).

As I've been on hold, it's hit 12 eastern and they seem to have closed up shop on customer service.

I have a mind to have my credit card company chargeback against them for this mess. This is truly obnoxious.

/rantoff

Thanks for reading if you made it this far

Last edited:
TigerDirect has some of the worst customer support I've dealt with. I remember last year's BF/winter deals and trying to enter in a gift card of theirs. It wouldn't work so I try doing a live chat. They told me a similar thing (finish the checkout and we'll process it after the order). So I did and then they said that they couldn't reimburse me the difference on my CC. Fucking bullshit. :mad:

Just placed an order for a Crucial M500 240GB at Amazon, $135. Looks like the deal is no longer on, but too bad you didn't see that upfront. Saw the v.me deals at Tiger Direct but figured I didn't want to sign up for it and I would rather pay $5 more for Amazon's customer service and RMA policy. Glad I did.

Hopefully they'll make things right with you. I use Amazon and Newegg, and have not used NCIX in a few years, but all of them have been good for me.

The V.me promo was on Friday which was a $30 savings, Saturday-Monday (around noon) on monday is when the v.me $20 savings ended. They didn't display or explain it very well and if you cached the website from the weekend it was still displaying, I needed to wipe my cookies/history to show it correctly on the website.

Sorry mate that you didn't get the savings :(

The V.me promo was on Friday which was a $30 savings, Saturday-Monday (around noon) on monday is when the v.me $20 savings ended. They didn't display or explain it very well and if you cached the website from the weekend it was still displaying, I needed to wipe my cookies/history to show it correctly on the website.

Sorry mate that you didn't get the savings :(

I would have had no issue with them telling me that it was expired. But I was talking with the CSR who told me I had to place the order for the discount to show up. If it truly was expired at that point, their communication is piss poor.

It's not the end of the world, I was just annoyed by my interaction with customer service. Still trying to get my order cancelled this morning.

strange. The V.me promotion worked for me yesterday. I ordered the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 at 3:41PM EST. At the checkout, it shows the price of 159.99 and has a discount of $20 applied.

I only tried once to use TD, they could never get their system to charge my card so i never tried to use them again, their CS was useless

LOL i just dealt with this nonsense today. They still had the promo running on their site when i got home at 9:00 PM PST. It wasn't cached or anything because i had never gone there before from my home computer (picked out the laptop and deal i was going to buy at work).

The $20 wasn't given to me either. I dealt with customer service for awhile, he told me that it was shit outa luck because any orders posted on their site after 4PM roll over to the next day, even though the offer details for the v.me money off state: 12/02/2013 00:00:00 through 12/02/2013 23:59:59 .

I wouldn't let the CS rep get rid of me and kept claiming false advertising (because shit, it IS!). Eventually he gave me a $20 credit, which still hasn't shown up in my account (nor has the order itself from yesterday lol)

I also wrote v.me about this mess because they're obviously trying to get more people to use their service with a promotion like this, but if this is how it's going to be then it'll have a negative impact on the adoption of said service.

We'll see if they give a fuck.

I ordered something when they had the $30 off of $150 on friday, then they changed it to be $20 off of $100 at midnight. I like that deal better because I ordered some extra crap I didn't really need to do the $30 off. So I called first thing in the morning when they opened to cancel the first order (neither of my two orders show up on their webpage, I had to contact them for tracking numbers). THey said they had already shipped it and to refuse delivery. Well turns out the didn't actually ship it till monday (2 days after I called). Also if I look at v.me they only put a charge for $100 instead of the $125 it should have been. I can already tell this is going to be a pain to get a refund. I really only save $30 since I rebought the items with the $20 off $100 promo. At least I don't have to pay return shipping since I'm just refusing delivery but I can see this being a total pain just to get a refund since their customer service has blown chunks so far.

Glad you got your issue worked out.

I saw another horror story on a different deal site. TD accepted online orders for 7970 cards at ~ $200 on BF. Many people got backorder emails and were patiently waiting. Now a week or so later they have the same card for sale at $350 and are filling orders at that price. Some pissed people have been trying to call to check on their backorder without any success so far.

I typically don't use TG but I did both the $30 off $150 deal and the $20 off $100 deal. Worked out great. Got a Roku 2 XS and Samsung color laser for $155 and then a SanDisk 120GB and 32GB for $85. I also earn 1.5% cash back on the card that I have registered with v.me.

Glad you got helped. Unfortunately neither v.me nor TG gave a rats ass about their false advertising. Maybe if I had cancelled the order that would have sparked them into action. Alas i did not. What's 20 bucks anyway right?

Lesson learned. I'll just cancel my v.me account and avoid TG in the future.

I paid $250-ish for a Power Supply years ago from TD and NEVER received it (never got a tracking number despite the order going through, etc.) waited a few days thinking something was wrong, then I contacted them and they told me they order never processed correctly and that they fixed it. Waited a few more days and same BS - finally did a charge back, and bought from Microcenter, THEN they send it out to me and tell me I have to either refuse delivery or send it back else I was getting charged for it. TigerDirect - Never again.

Glad you got your issue worked out.

I saw another horror story on a different deal site. TD accepted online orders for 7970 cards at ~ $200 on BF. Many people got backorder emails and were patiently waiting. Now a week or so later they have the same card for sale at $350 and are filling orders at that price. Some pissed people have been trying to call to check on their backorder without any success so far.

yep I was one of those people. That had to be the most frustrating experience in my history of ordering things online. They basically waved a giant middle finger at me. Later that day (the same day they posted online that they had stock on their website) they cancelled my order citing that they didn't have any to send to me. They're inventory system has no idea how much of each product they have. I will most likely never order from Tigerdirect again given this experience and dealing with their chat support. They did offer to substitute a card given I would pay the difference in price, gee thanks.

Just a follow-up: TigerDirect actually credited my card with 20 bucks for the v.me promotion.

that goes a long way in me doing business with them again.

Back