-Two new gametypes: Greed and Betrayal
-One new mutator: Titans
-16 new maps: 6 Deathmatch, 4 Warfare, 3 CTF, 3 VCTF
-Two new weapons: Stinger Turret and The Eradicator Cannon
-Two new deployables: The X-Ray Field and the Link Station
-One new powerup: The Portable Slow Field
-Two new characters: Kana of the Ronin and Nova of Liandri
-One new vehicle: The Axon Stealthbender

I'm excited, but am going to reserve any kind of judgement until it is in my hands.

As much as they try , they will never get me back to playing there shitty game. They took everything that was Unreal tournament and tossed it out like old garbage and presented us with a pile of shit with a Unreal tournament name tag.

As much as they try , they will never get me back to playing there shitty game. They took everything that was Unreal tournament and tossed it out like old garbage and presented us with a pile of shit with a Unreal tournament name tag.

Relax guy! Listen. Remember back when UT2003 came out and lots of "purists" hated it. Well what did they do? They fixed it, right? UT2004. Come on. Have a little faith.

For the record, UT2003, or as I like to call it "Unreal Quake", was a masterpiece.

Epic gets tons of flak these days (pun intended), but I really don't see any other developers pumping out comparable Sci-Fi shooters. They freakin own that specific genre. Crytek is probably the runner up. Then who? I am overjoyed and optimistic about the upcoming release. We're lucky they even still care, considering the size of their console fan base.

Relax guy! Listen. Remember back when UT2003 came out and lots of "purists" hated it. Well what did they do? They fixed it, right? UT2004. Come on. Have a little faith.

I agree with the previous poster in that the game is an "Epic" failure. I was a competition clan memeber for UT99/2003/2004 and I have never seen such a death to UT then what UTIII accomplished. They severely burned their dedicated players and don't see them returning. I myself wont be returning as i still can't accept he fact they "consoleized" the game because of laziness in design and abondonment of the PC gamer. The emphasis on graphics was not something UT was about and that really kills the game. Even with brightskins and other enhancements that helped UT2004 the game is unplayable.

Course let the numbers tell the tale, UTIII has failed in sales and gamer support.

For the record, UT2003, or as I like to call it "Unreal Quake", was a masterpiece.

Epic gets tons of flak these days (pun intended), but I really don't see any other developers pumping out comparable Sci-Fi shooters. They freakin own that specific genre. Crytek is probably the runner up. Then who? I am overjoyed and optimistic about the upcoming release. We're lucky they even still care, considering the size of their console fan base.

sorry dude. I was playing UT on a 3dfx card in clan ladder matches back in the day.

When UT2k3 and consequently 2k4 came out. The game play was not even remotely the same. So much so that everyone that I played with abondened the UT thing completly. "Unreal quake", not even close. You could check yourself if you have a quakelive account. Quake was always faster moving especially with the circle jumping.

2k3/k4 moves like a snail through molases in comparison.

sorry dude. I was playing UT on a 3dfx card in clan ladder matches back in the day.

When UT2k3 and consequently 2k4 came out. The game play was not even remotely the same. So much so that everyone that I played with abondened the UT thing completly. "Unreal quake", not even close. You could check yourself if you have a quakelive account. Quake was always faster moving especially with the circle jumping.

2k3/k4 moves like a snail through molases in comparison.

Apology unneccesary. No need to check myself dude. Quake 3 arena is STILL on the hard drive. It is one of my most treasured gaming experiences. I played UT back in the day as well. Yes, it was awesome, but I still preferred Quake 3. As for UT2003 being alot different feeling than UT? Duh. For me, UT2003 is faster paced and the weapons have more punch. The 2003 Flak cannon is a perfect example. Compare it with the 2004 or original version. Completely different. 2003 also has more attitude than UT. Something that Quake 3 has plenty of.

Ultimately they are all awesome games and I have enjoyed them for years, regardless of what the clans are doing.

I'll hold my breath. If they come through I'll pick up a copy. For 10$, you really can't go wrong.

Any links to UT3 for 10 bucks? Kinda want.

If I am not mistaken, Gamestop has it for $12.99. Now whether you like or dislike Gamestop is a different matter-- I really hate them. I wish Babbage's/Software etc. would come back... :(

As for UT2003 being alot different feeling than UT? Duh. For me, UT2003 is faster paced and the weapons have more punch. The 2003 Flak cannon is a perfect example. Compare it with the 2004 or original version. Completely different. 2003 also has more attitude than UT. Something that Quake 3 has plenty of.
If you seriously think that UT2003 was better than UT99 or even UT2004, then you're really in the minority.

And your point is?

Who cares about being in the majority?
My point is that although you thought UT2003 was a good game, the vast majority of people didn't enjoy it. So although you might enjoy UT3 once this patch comes out, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be a good game by the standards of most people.

I like UT3. I loved UT2004 and I thought UT2003 was OK too. I didn't care for UT'99 though.

My point is that although you thought UT2003 was a good game, the vast majority of people didn't enjoy it. So although you might enjoy UT3 once this patch comes out, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be a good game by the standards of most people.

Who do you classify the vast majority? The forums? There seem to be more people complaining about games rather than praising them in forums. Obviously cuz they're not playing. If you look at a site like game rankings, clearly UT3 was well recieved. Garning a press average over 80%. Does any of this matter?

Again I'll ask you, who cares about the majority opinion? If I enjoy the game, that's all that matters. The "majority" doesn't have the final word on whether a game is good or not. If I just followed the majority, I'd be a sheep.

UT3 is an awesome game and judging by the release notes of the upcoming patch, it's gonna get even better.

Who do you classify the vast majority? The forums? There seem to be more people complaining about games rather than praising them in forums. Obviously cuz they're not playing. If you look at a site like game rankings, clearly UT3 was well recieved. Garning a press average over 80%. Does any of this matter?
I classify the vast majority as all the people playing UT99, UT2004, and other games like CoD4 and TF2 instead of UT3. Check the online stats. Hardly anyone actually plays UT3 compared to the other "big name" games out there. And game reviews don't make a single bit of difference if nobody is actually playing the game. In the end, it's the players' opinion that counts, not the reviewers'.
Again I'll ask you, who cares about the majority opinion? If I enjoy the game, that's all that matters. The "majority" doesn't have the final word on whether a game is good or not. If I just followed the majority, I'd be a sheep.
I never said that there was anything wrong with not being in the majority. I just said that you aren't. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm totally fine with that. I'm just saying that although you'll probably like the content of this update, there's a good chance that many people won't share your opinion, and I doubt the game will get much more popular because of it.

Press ratings don't mean shit for an online game which has a dead community, and the death of the community is entirely attributable Epic's arrogance, laziness and greed in this instance.

I won't even begin to rant about how most press reviews are not worth the paper they are written on.

Press ratings don't mean shit for an online game which has a dead community, and the death of the community is entirely attributable Epic's arrogance, laziness and greed in this instance.

I won't even begin to rant about how most press reviews are not worth the paper they are written on.

No need to rant. I could write an essay on the subject. I was only giving
Zero82z something tangible to consider since his arguments appear to require such evidence.

Press and stats do not determine how good a game is. That depends on individual taste.

Lets not be so spoiled. We are lucky they even ported it over considering the strength of the consoles these days. If you have seen figures, you would know that Epic does not need PC gamers. Console players are happily filling their pockets. I think its great that they have decided to put some effort into making their game more appealing to the PC crowd and not charge the typical DLC fee that is so popular today.

Be positive and have fun.

We are lucky they even ported it over considering the strength of the consoles these days.
That is not the kind of mindset that we should have toward a company that owes their existence to the generosity of PC gamers. The fact is, Epic completely shafted their hardcore PC base with this game, and they shouldn't be praised for "at least doing something". I understand that you like the game, but the problem with it isn't that it's necessarily bad, it's that UT3 quite simply is not a worthy successor to the previous UT games.

That is not the kind of mindset that we should have toward a company that owes their existence to the generosity of PC gamers. The fact is, Epic completely shafted their hardcore PC base with this game, and they shouldn't be praised for "at least doing something". I understand that you like the game, but the problem with it isn't that it's necessarily bad, it's that UT3 quite simply is not a worthy successor to the previous UT games.

WE should have. Speak for youself buddy. They don't OWE you anything. Your arrogance is numbing. And its that attitude that kind of attitude that will push them away completely. If anything, you should be thanking them for enriching your life with the wonderful software you've been able to play over the years.

Unbelievable:rolleyes:

WE should have. Speak for youself buddy. They don't OWE you anything. Your arrogance is numbing. And its that attitude that kind of attitude that will push them away completely. If anything, you should be thanking them for enriching your life with the wonderful software you've been able to play over the years.

They do owe me, and everyone else who has bought their games. That's the point. They took shortcuts on this game to make a quick buck, instead of putting in the effort it takes to make a real quality game. As a result of that, everyone loses.

They do owe me, and everyone else who has bought their games. That's the point. They took shortcuts on this game to make a quick buck, instead of putting in the effort it takes to make a real quality game. As a result of that, everyone loses.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Which part of the game is lacking quality, in your opinion?

Our thanks is the money given in exchange for the product. Should they get a party and some presents in addition to our money? They DO owe their fans many things. Good word of mouth and strong communities sell games much more than a few 90s from retard circuses like IGN or Gamepro.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Which part of the game is lacking quality, in your opinion?
The big one is the map selection (both in terms of map quality and the amount of maps). Other issues are the interface, certain weapon balance changes (the flak cannon is gimped compared to UT2004, sniper rifle still sucks, no lightning gun, etc.), the jumping height, game types (removal of Assault after they brought it back to UT2004 with huge success, ruining Onslaught by turning it into Warfare, removal of Bombing Run), and a few other small things.

The fact is, I would tolerate these sorts of issues in an original game, but since this is UT, I can just go back and play UT99 or UT2004 instead of having to deal with all of the issues this game has. And it's true that the patch and Titan Pack will be addressing some of these issues, but I have my doubts as to how well they'll be dealt with considering the previous quality of support that Epic has provided for the game.

Our thanks is the money given in exchange for the product. Should they get a party and some presents in addition to our money? They DO owe their fans many things. Good word of mouth and strong communities sell games much more than a few 90s from retard circuses like IGN or Gamepro.

From my perspective, this upcoming release is a form of thanks. I appreciate it goes both ways. Lets just not act like spoiled children.

As for your comment on what actually sells games. You forgot about cool looking box art.:D Really, do you have any statistics on what sells games?

Back