US’s largest pipeline crippled by cyber attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
To sit is to prevent piss spray on my legs, the floor, seat, whatever else. Yeah, cleaning is submission.
I guess if you are that drunk and can't aim. In any case, it takes more effort to raise the seat than to put it down. Gravity.

Didn't realize (not) standing up to pee could cripple an entire gas pipeline...

Uh huh, and are you going to dig the oil out of the ground by hand and use the water dowsing method to find it?
It's a joke as in nobody is going to do it. My point is that electricity is easier to come by than gasoline.

It sounds like they have it partly operating again but it's going to take longer for supply to catch back up because of all the panic buying.
I cannot believe I have to explain to people that the chance of splash an inch from the water is significantly lower than 2 feet.
Not if there's any pressure behind it.

Last edited:
It's a joke as in nobody is going to do it. My point is that electricity is easier to come by than gasoline.
The problem is the electrical grid is on the hacker's hit list too. If that happens you could be SOL unless you live in a home with solar installed. Always be prepared.

I’m gonna take our stash of 6000 kroger bags down to the gas station and sell them for a dollar each! Gas containers!

The only people this happened to were the ones who were on a plan that bought electricity on the spot market. Most of the time that's cheaper than a traditional plan. When there's a shortage, prices go up.

Get this--the company warned their customers to switch away so this wouldn't happen. It turns out that they weren't able to because of problems at the other companies.

Ah yeah that trash company "Griddy". They predate on people with promise of paying lower electric bills by buying on the wholesale market, rather than a traditional electric coop or other supply company. Yeah, all of those people got royally screwed. Griddy did warn people about the potential for higher energy bills when the weather was predicted to get bad, but it was far too late by then. It was entirely on Griddy though to not sufficiently educate customers of the perils of buying on the wholesale market. They always had commercials on the radio and TV advertising themselves with promises of lower energy bills and didn't even try to mention the perils of buying wholesale. They're officially defunct with ERCOT pulling their license to operate on the TX power grid and them declaring bankruptcy.

They're the same kind of scum as trash lenders that use deceptive marketing and buzz words to get people on a variable interest rate loan/mortgage and pretend it's the financee's issue when it goes upside down if interest rates suddenly spike.

But it wasn't only people that were using Griddy, the rest of us were hosed as well. The coops and other energy companies that sell to consumers were slammed with the high $9000 MW/h rates too, and they had to spread the cost among all of their customers, so everyone had higher energy bills. Some of them have also declared bankruptcy. Centerpoint Energy was probably the scummiest of them all though. They distributed the excess cost among several other northern states for their screwups down here in TX for not properly winterizing their equipment. A whole lot of people are still pissed at them.

My boat floats with a full tank of gas over winter every year in probably the worst environment to store fuel. There is no issue once it is dewinterized starting it in the spring.

No real issue doing this if the tank is full, sealed from the atmosphere and not made out of metal. Since there's no air in the tank, the ethanol can't pull water into the fuel via hygroscopic action and cause the fuel to degrade and water to pool on the bottom of the tank. However, if the tank is some sort of metal, it will still have issues with corrosion due to the alcohol being corrosive. Wouldn't hurt to stick a boroscope down the fuel neck every year to watch for issues.

Where people get into trouble is by leaving a fuel tank less than full and letting it sit. I've had to replace several fuel tanks and sending units from people leaving less than a full tank of fuel and leaving it to rot. It's not a fun job.

The problem is the electrical grid is on the hacker's hit list too. If that happens you could be SOL unless you live in a home with solar installed. Always be prepared.
If you have solar installed with a backup battery then you can still use it without the grid. Electricity is far more flexible than gasoline when it comes to generating it. I'm dependent on gasoline like everyone else and it sucks. If I had half a mind I would do what these people are doing and bag my gas just to avoid the shortage. I of course double bag my gas. ;)

sAmWi8z.jpg

...So your sister works out huh?
Hell no, she fat as shit. That's ok, that means she has a lot of calories she can convert into electricity. I think of it as bio-battery storage. Doesn't get greener than that.

If you have solar installed with a backup battery then you can still use it without the grid. Electricity is far more flexible than gasoline when it comes to generating it. I'm dependent on gasoline like everyone else and it sucks. If I had half a mind I would do what these people are doing and bag my gas just to avoid the shortage. I of course double bag my gas. ;)

View attachment 356088

Hell no, she fat as shit. That's ok, that means she has a lot of calories she can convert into electricity. I think of it as bio-battery storage. Doesn't get greener than that.
How, uh, how fat we talking here?

Didn't realize (not) standing up to pee could cripple an entire gas pipeline...
No kidding, I skipped pages in this thread (from 1 to 4) and now I have no idea what the hell it is going on...progress? progression?
Anyway, I now have to drain my own pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back