Using Winamp over Itunes for the ipod

johnnq

[H]ard|Gawd
I never really even gave winamp a chance. I've been using Itunes for a long time because I'm lazy and it hasn't failed yet. However, I'm starting to get bothered by the little "quircks" about itunes. It's slow, can't change the damn order of songs, etc.

So my question is: Does Winamp (or even foobar) work just as well with an ipod? any reason why i SHOULDN'T switch?

I have yet to try Winamp but it sounds like it would work well.
I use Media Monkey and so far I have had no issues with it syncing with the ipod. I prefer it's interface as compared to Winamp for organizing my music but I prefer using Winamp to listen to music on my computer when multitasking.

The only thing I see using iTunes for would be to update the software on the ipod and to reset it if needed. I am not sure if these other programs do that.

I've been using winamp for almost 10 years now. I live by it. It's the best mp3 player EVER created. You have so many options with plugins eq etc. It's great.

Winamp is great. I've been using it for over six years. I've had my iPod for almost two years, and I never needed iTunes to use it. I only installed iTunes because my boss got me an iTunes gift card for christmas, and I used it to buy some games. I also used it to restore my iPod when I spent a week using iPodWizard to tweak it.

There are plugins for Winamp that let you transfer and play music, but there are other free apps you could use. I use Anapod, which isn't free.

I don't own an Ipod (or any other portable music player for that matter :p) but I'd agree Winamp is the best. I've tried to replace it but I can't find anything better. Amarok on Linux (ver 2 soon for Windows) is a close 2nd though. Only thing I find Winamp lacking in is a good "party shuffle" feature.

i love winamp... but is there ANY program out there that allows u to simply drag/drop mp3s instead of going through itunes?

Been using winamp for a good 10 years, still the best player in my opinion.

I've been using winamp for almost 10 years also. Does ipod classic work with winamp ? I'm thinking of finally going to iPod. Right now i've been using MPIO products.

Winamps good but Media Monkey is better IMHO. It interfaces with Winamp also or can use it's own built in player. Plus it works MUCH better with my Ipod than Itunes does! Syncs with the Ipod/Iphone right out of the box.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Back