Using Virtual Reality To Create A New Corporate Headquarters

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
What do we think of Nvidia’s future headquarters? The idea was to create something akin to the “canopy of a sky-high tree” and have light filter down into workspaces. Nvidia technologies such as Iray, graphical processors, and VR headsets all aided in the architectural design.

Mr. Huang hired the design firm Gensler for the project, working with the architect Hao Ko to capture Nvidia’s culture of being open, collaborative and flexible in the building design. To make real the notion of light filtering from above, they began with a scattered array of triangle-shaped skylights. The triangle is emblematic of the basic graphical component of modern software rendering systems that create 3-D graphical images that the Nvidia hardware generates.

Not sure about that, but I have exclusive shots of AMDs future headquarters:
AMD_Homeless.JPG

In all seriousness though, that is one of the coldest, most uninviting places I've ever seen. They should have taken a cue from Apple and tried to incorporate more open spaces and natural elements.

edit: It reminds me of a museum.

Last edited:
Not sure about that, but I have exclusive shots of AMDs future headquarters:
View attachment 5489

In all seriousness though, that is one of the coldest, most uninviting places I've ever seen. They should have taken a cue from Apple and tried to incorporate more open spaces and natural elements.

edit: It reminds me of a museum.

Honestly, your image looks like a more comfortable place to work.

Better a tent city than a stainless steel cell.

Good luck getting a janitor to dust and polish those sloping walls. We can't get ours to clean the floors and take out the trash.

Honestly, your image looks like a more comfortable place to work.

Better a tent city than a stainless steel cell.
Sterile was the word that came to my mind immediately... The walls will collect dust, and I can't imagine they saved money being bent that way. They are going to have to have one heck of a cleaning crew and one heck of an air filtering system or else it'll become a dust nightmare imho. Of course, they have the $ for both. Heck, I even plan to give them some of mine soon.. still deciding on the 1070 or 1080 for a 4k monitor with basic gaming abilities.

Back