Using the Stock P4 550 heatsink on a OEM E8400

DeChache

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there any reason I couldn't use the stock heat sink off my P4 550 on an OEM E8400.

If that wouldn't work does anybody know where I could get a LGA 775 bracket for my Thermalright ULTRA 90. I have the K8 clips
My Opty is starting to drive me batty I want to go back to Intel just because the chip sets are better.

I want a 45nm chip and right now the cheapest way to get those is OEM. I can't swing a good after market heat sink right now so thus the Idea of using the heat sink off the P4 I want to sell.

Just a foot note I want to keep CPU and Mobo cost at ~300. I'm considering reusing the DDR2 533 out of my P4 box to get me going and getting decent ram somewhere down the road when I can afford it.

If there is anything else you want to know just let me know. I'm on the fence right now and am really starting to get sick of the weekly problem my Opty is throwing at me. Like tonight it just decided to lock up and then not detect the hard drives after a couple reboots it found the drives but it can't find windows.

Sorry I'm ranting now.

That seems to be exactly what I'm looking for thanks.

Back