Using The iPad is Like Masturbation

HardOCP News

[H] News
And the quote of the day is brought to you by this guy and those “strange masturbation-like gestures” that iPad users make.

"For me, there is no feeling of admiration or no excitement whatsoever," Miyazaki said about the iPad. "It's disgusting. On trains, the number of those people doing that strange masturbation-like gesture is multiplying."

I was doing this before the iPad. At least now I can buy one and know it will do something for me.

Its strange to see people on the Japanese public transit system being shunned for finding something to do to keep their hands to them selves. As if some pervert reading hentai on a subway isn't bad, yet strangely excepted. Bet the only reason its being looked down on as is, is because it is American. They sell covers in Japan now that make the iPad look like a book. Then again, they look at me funny when I walked down the street eating a strawberry and nutella crepe.

I am really censoring myself here going back and deleting stuff as I re-read this before posting. I'm not racist, I love Japan, I love spending time their, but some of their rants are purely nationalist and frankly racist. Then again, nothing wrong with having some pride in your country, not much difference then listening to the rant of a redneck here about made in America, only one looks a lot cleaner and sophisticated then the other.

I don't know what gesture he is talking about, are people pretending to stroke their Wang? seriously what the fuck is he talking about?

Maybe repeatedly scrolling the page down? heck if I know but it's funny

I don't know what gesture he is talking about, are people pretending to stroke their Wang? seriously what the fuck is he talking about?

Moving stuff up and down. Generally something sitting in your lap that you're moving your hand all around...

It's just funny. Old geezer :D

Also would somebody like to explain how this guy doesn't rely upon computers but is supposedly a filmmaker?

Also would somebody like to explain how this guy doesn't rely upon computers but is supposedly a filmmaker?

He does hand drawn animation mostly. (but theres load of CGI too now...) Maybe he has a phobia of computers, so people tell him it's done with black magic?

Then again, they look at me funny when I walked down the street eating a strawberry and nutella crepe.
Eating in public = bad

Never said I didn't know their taboos:p Not gonna mention all the crap I pull there, but one involves, night clubs and lots and lots of guys with sunglasses (tip, they like lots of free booze). Expensive night, but a blast, really nice guys once you get to know 'em.

InKyotobyToji.jpg

As I said, national pride and not having made it main stream first at play here (and maybe a bit of germ-o-phobia from those big smooch covered screens).

Been to that place (well it looks like a load of places). If you want cheap stay away from roppongi. haha. Thats for tourists, and so is a load more expensive. The BEST night in tokyo (the best city) is tokyo decadence! Loads of my associates do the DJ sets. Its kind of perverted sometimes, but its definately fun. Theres loads of crazy assed gaijins too.

When I was in Tokyo I was in the Guest House in Azabu-Juban right behind Roppongi, good folk, highly recommended. I didn't like Roppongi to much, way to crowded and way TOO many gaijin. I liked more the bars with a jazz and blues feel to them (something I'm happy to report Tokyo isn't lacking), that's how I had the missfortune/fortune of being send down a blind ally (possibly as a joke) and somehow past a doorman that was suppose to keep gaijin or anyone in general that didn't belong out.

When I was in Tokyo I was in the Guest House in Azabu-Juban right behind Roppongi, good folk, highly recommended. I didn't like Roppongi to much, way to crowded and way TOO many gaijin. I liked more the bars with a jazz and blues feel to them (something I'm happy to report Tokyo isn't lacking), that's how I had the missfortune/fortune of being send down a blind ally (possibly as a joke) and somehow past a doorman that was suppose to keep gaijin or anyone in general that didn't belong out.

My first job was in roppongi, Close to there! If you can speak Japanese and don't mind the odd bit of perversion, then Kabukicho is recommended over roppongi! If you know where to go its really really cheap (not on the main streets). It's alot less...touristy. There are lots of cars with blacked out windows, but it's mostly people...partnering up. It's alot more varied then roppongi anyway. Being a aggressive electronic music sort of person, it's hard to reccommend many jazz clubs. But theres Dug. In shinjuku. It's owner is a famous photographer of jazz people, and it's supposed to be good!

The thread title really made me assume this was going to be a positive review of the iPad.

My first job was in roppongi, Close to there! If you can speak Japanese and don't mind the odd bit of perversion, then Kabukicho is recommended over roppongi! If you know where to go its really really cheap (not on the main streets). It's alot less...touristy. There are lots of cars with blacked out windows, but it's mostly people...partnering up. It's alot more varied then roppongi anyway. Being a aggressive electronic music sort of person, it's hard to reccommend many jazz clubs. But theres Dug. In shinjuku. It's owner is a famous photographer of jazz people, and it's supposed to be good!

What ever your into you can find it in Tokyo without much of a sweat and a lot more folks understand English then they are willing to admit if you can get them to acknowledge you:D They tend to take anything foreign and turn it up a notch.

Back on topic;) Once they come out with their own version of the iPad...iPad owners are still going to shunned on the public transit (it foreign tech), but you'll see more with better versions of made in Japan touchscreen tech:p

I really don't want people thinking I use an ipad when i'm riding the train.

I can't picture what he's saying.

masturbation = death grip chicken choke

I don't see how you can have such a hand motion with the ipad.

.....unless he's talking about finger swipes looking like diddling the clitoris with the middle finger.

so female masturbation yes.
male masturbation, no- I can't picture it

becoming social disconnects. I am afraid he is right but its overall boredom cause people to have alot of tech devices. Myself I am non fan of Apple anyways. Unfortunatly I rely on my cell phone and e-mail. I can do without an I-Pad.

as soon as pron site's switch to html5 I'm seeing a large influx of ipad's going in to service for "water damage"

Back