Using the Internet Might Make You Smarter

HardOCP News

[H] News
New research shows that using the internet makes you smarter. A related study proved that people that read [H]ardOCP were far cooler than people that didn’t. :D

"The simple headline here is that Google is making us smarter," says Gary Small of the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior at the University of California at Los Angeles. Thank you, Dr. Small. And thank you, Internet, for not only helping me dig up this information but also juicing up my brain while I looked for it. Small recently published results showing that searching the Internet does for the brains of older folks what doing bench presses does for chest muscles.

I believe it

hell, if anything, all the reading you have to do has to count for something I assume

Well, makes you smarter in what sense?
Smarter at reciting facts you've read or the ability to use your brain in certain situations?

We are connected to an infomation world at our fingertips... Anything you want to research, find resorces, ect....

If you think about it, our generation is more knowledgeable (but not necessarily smarter) than all the generations and scientists combined from prior centuries because we now can access all of human knowledge instantly from our homes.

Of course the opposite side of that coin is that we can also tap into humanities' nastiest tendencies at the speed of light and under a bit of anonymity.

It also gives you ADD! If I can't find the answer to something in < 1 minute, I assume there is no answer or I go on a side tangent of clicking on an ass-load of semi-related articles.. which lead to more article that are not related whatsoever and then I've spent 2 hours reading about crap and forgot what I was googling/wiki'ing in the first place, lol.

It also gives you ADD! If I can't find the answer to something in < 1 minute, I assume there is no answer or I go on a side tangent of clicking on an ass-load of semi-related articles.. which lead to more article that are not related whatsoever and then I've spent 2 hours reading about crap and forgot what I was googling/wiki'ing in the first place, lol.

LOL. That rminds me of....ME.
I will read and article on wikipedia, then off on a tangent I would click on a link and before I know it, I'd be reading something totally unrelated to my first search.

A big deal of that is mostly true, when reading a lot of information, the internet is just full of that. The subject and what one reads certainly matters also.

Back