Using radmin through LAN?

Zxcs

[H]ard|Gawd
I currently have radmin server set up at home, with all the necessary ports forwarded.
However where I wish to acess my home computer from is on a domain, but the computer I connect to the domain is not winxp pro so I cannot actually connect to the domain (I can use the internet via it, etc).

If the local DNS, and host server is 192.168.0.3, is there a way for me to set up radmin so it uses that to connect to the internet (if I give it my user/pass) to connect to my computer at home?

Thanks

It sounds like you want to connect to your home PC from a computer on the internet, correct? This should be possible as long as the firewall at the remote site does not control outbound port access, most don't. You will need to know your external IP address given to you by your ISP and will then need to setup port forwarding on your router or whatever device you use to control internet acesss at home. Once that is setup you should be able to launch radmin, type in your external IP, and connect to home from any computer connected to the internet.

What I mean is, if I just put my home IP (WAN ofcourse) into radmin, it wont find it as it doesn't know which computer on the domain is the server (as I am not connected via normal domain login). I was wondering if there was a way to tell radmin what the domain controller is, and specify my username and pass that it requires to have internet access.

Thanks

What I basically want is for the computer to automatically use 192.168.0.3 when trying to connect to computers outside of the network (ie internet). However I have to specify 192.168.0.3 in the lan settings in IE and mozilla as they do not automatically detect it. I have my DNS server set to 192.168.0.3 yet other programs do not automatically connect through it.

Any ideas?

What is the default gateway setup as for computers inside our network?

192.168.0.3 is default gateway and 192.168.0.6 and 192.168.0.4 are DNS servers, even when I set DNS servers I dont automatically get internet connected via IE and other programs. However when I specify 192.168.0.6 in proxy settings in IE, the internet seems to work.

What exactly are 192.168.0.6 and .3? Is one of them a router and the other a server, both servers, what?

If I understand you correctly, you'll need to do a port forward from your router to the appropriate computer on your home net. For example, if your remote admin machine is 10.0.0.3 for example, with the gateway being .1, you need to have that gateway forward the appropriate ports, or set your remote admin in the dmz. What you need now is for a way to type in the address provided from your ISP so you can access it from the internet. You can get yourself a domain name like from dyndns.org so that you just type in your chosen domain name for your browser or software you're using to contact a machine inside your firewall from the outside.

Example: Say you assign port 8009 to be the remote port and its a web app. You would enter http://www.myhomelan.dyndns.org:8009 and you would connect to that machine, where myhomelan.dyndns.org you would get from www.dyndns.org. That what you're looking for?

Thanks for the responses but I figured it out. .6 and .3 were both DNS servers, but they were also both DOMAIN servers. The .6 is a secret server with all ports open up to the internet, but it wasnt set as default gateway by the DHCP server. When I changed to .6 as default gateway and primary DNS server, everything worked :)

Back