Using Qnix 2710 on USB-C or Displayport?

StoleMyOwnCar

2[H]4U
I have a Qnix 2710 (no scaler) as one of my side monitors. I purchased a 2080 (non Ti) recently when my 980Ti burned down.

The 2080 does not have a DVI port at all. I read somewhere that this Amazon converter would work:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012B58JRM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It kind of does, but eventually I start getting intermittent gray lines flashing on the screen, that seem to get worse over time. Also wiggling the cable at all seems to cause them to get worse. Unplugging it and plugging it back in fixes it a bit.

And then if I hook in a 4th display to the HDMI port, it just starts lagging down the entire system and causing stuttering, while having more of those lines. I have to pretty much disable it in display settings for everything to be normal again.

This is what I have hooked up:
Acer Predator Z35 (3440x1440@100hz); displayport
RoG Swift 1440p (original TN 144Hz version); displayport
Benq 1070 projector; HDMI (usually have to disable it while not in use to even get the Qnix to play fair).
and then the Qnix on the USB-C port (which I have to disable to get the projector to play fair)

Am I just hitting an issue with the max throughput available to the card? Or is USB-C video just normally this janky? Or is it just the Qnix? Any solutions?

Right now I'm just going to return and probably exchange the USB-C converter for another one, hoping that this one is just defective.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
sorry for the necromancy,

The adapter below works great on 1440p/60hz. Also to avoid artifacts(horizontal lines) you will need a good quality dvi cable

Display Port v1.2 Male to DVI-D Female Adapter 4K Active Convertor Cable
https://www.cdlmicro.co.uk/cdldp-dv...-adapter-4k-active-convertor-cable-black.html
  • Features
    • Input: DisplayPort
    • Output: DVI-D up to 4K @ 30Hz or 1080p @ 60Hz
    • Active adapter
    • Bandwidth: 10.2Gbps
    • Supports AMD/ATI Eyefinity
    • Length: 15cm
you can find it on ebay and costs around 8 to 15euro its really cheap compared to other active converters that cost 50 or 100 more, don't bother to overclock to 120hz using this adapter though.

mega necro, but i have an old, original, QNIX QX2710.

I didn't have any luck with 'passive' displayport to DVI adapters. I needed an active one that used a USB for extra power. I used this one (or maybe an older model) from Club 3D
https://smile.amazon.com/3D-CAC-1010-DisplayPort-Dual-Link-Adapter/dp/B07T16LLB8

it was also important to have a decent DVI cable, a true dual link cable with all the wires connected.

AND, when I tried it with a hinky displayport extension cable, it works but sometimes has weird artifacts on the left and right side of the screen.

But it with the active adapter, it works fine with 1440@60hz. On good days (like when I had a old GPU with true DVI) I could overclock it to 96hz. And I can overclock the adapter sometimes, but I haven't gotten it dialed in (the specs list it at 330mhz pixel clock which is around 81hz I think).

Back