Using PartedMagic and a RAID5?

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
I have two partitions on a RAID5:
C: and D:

C is too small, and D has plenty of space.

What I'd like to do is grab some of the space off D to use on C, say 20GB or so.

My question in using PartedMagic, is does it matter that it's a RAID5?
I've never tried this on a RAID5 and multiple physical drives, not sure how it'd work.
And the process for doing as such, just drag the slider to make C bigger and D smaller, and be done?

First, take a full image of the server,

second, try it but i never trust resizing partitions this way. I would rather forklift the data off, delete and recreate the partition and slap the data back on.

Partition Magic is not Vista compatible and will wreck your Vista machines/drives/arrays. Stop using it because it hasn't been updated in over 4 years now and is effectively a dead product that Norton/Symantec destroyed and gave up on.

Go get Parted Magic, a free open source partitioning tool that started out as GParted years ago and then had a split in the developers. Some branched off and created Parted Magic with more features and more compatibility - and it works with Vista without issues.

People need to stop using Norton/Symantec Partition Magic... or it'll come back to haunt 'em.

Partition Magic is not Vista compatible and will wreck your Vista machines/drives/arrays. Stop using it because it hasn't been updated in over 4 years now and is effectively a dead product that Norton/Symantec destroyed and gave up on.
Using this on Server.
Go get Parted Magic, a free open source partitioning tool that started out as GParted years ago and then had a split in the developers. Some branched off and created Parted Magic with more features and more compatibility - and it works with Vista without issues.
Yup- that's what I am talking about, lol ;)

Would you agree to delete partitions, recreate partitions, and use Trueimage to restore the partitions?

what version of windows?, vista / sever 2008 has a built in tool to resize your drives that works fine you can choose to shrink your D drive and then add that space to C drive

Back