Using my T1 at work for Xbox Live

Xan

[H]ard|Gawd
A couple guys here at work would like to throw up some cash and buy an Xbox just to keep here at the office so we can host games on the T1 line here at work. I am the IT Manager so I dont mind if the data line is used during off hours - hell - I'm going to game on it too ;)

So how and what do we need to do?

Buy an Xbox, and an Xbox Live account.
This Machine will be setup and running each day before we go home. I'm hoping to do something like Counter-Stike where I can setup a "private" game, add all of us, and then put the maps in rotation.

We then can just join the games?

Possible? OR - is there any better ideas out there?

We just have been having problems (lag) w/ 4 - 8 players with someone hosting the game - we all have 128k upload.

if you want it to be a private server, make sure to add all the gamertags of the people playing to it's tag list, and then set the server to only except people from the friends list

also, you'll need a copy of whatever game your playing for the server (which you already know of course, it just wasnt listed in your post)

you could also have it be open to the public as well, with a few reserved spots for your co-workers and you - but to connect to it, just do like you would do if you wanted to go to a friends game, in your buddy list choose the server
and blammo

schweet ;) I'm going to make some phone calls and start getting some $$$ up from everyone.

/bow

thanks 4 the info

Can you admin game remotely through live?

Also if you can wait till Feb I read that MS and sony are dropping prices to $149... if that is at all a concern.

Why not buy a used XBOX off of Ebay? that could cut the cost a little bit if you can find a good deal

Awww c'mon. They are all rich buisness men and IT guys anywho. I dont think that they are worried about $10 each for a new box over a used one. Sounds like a great idea especially since you have such a great connection. Over time you will get a feel for what kind of game type you like on Live. You also might want to make it an open server at first if you dont have alot of people. Then everyone can just invite eachother as people drop. I dont know how many people at work you are trying to get into this but the more players the more fun.

And I have to recommend Ghost Recon Island Thunder over CS. But eather way you are gonna have fun. Shoot maybe you can put some [H] guys on it too. Like me.

Back