Using iPhone wireless connection to get my laptop hook up to the Internet

Is this possible ?
If my iPhone have a wireless connection all the time can I use the signal to get my laptop working / synchronizing using the same signal without looking for hot spots ??

Yes, it's called tethering and it's offered by every carrier as an additional package for $20-30/month. Check with your carrier to see your options.

Tethering is pretty common here since our phones aren't locked and every phone (even GSM) have internet capability intact.

One thing i noticed tho is that iPhone4s tend to fall indoors where signals are weak while the Samsungs are browseable atleast (Don't expect to be watching youtube tho). Our demographic tends to use text messaging more so there hasn't been much progress with regards to infrastructure as long as there's atleast enough to send out an SMS (read: bad connection pretty much anywhere). One guy in a seminar tried to use his iPhone4 on his presentation to connect to his webpage and ended up borrowing someone's galaxy S so he could continue.

It is always a matter of spending more money !!!
Nothing is free. I'm not to "smart" as the new technology goes but was under impression that we can use the "back door" so do speak and use the wireless phone signal to somehow use to make laptops connected to the Internet.
We can use "hot spots" to connect laptops to Internet why can we use wireless iPhone connection ( cost already ( 30+bucks a month) to get a laptop connected.
Maybe laptop itself have to be "tweaked" ???
Thanks for your help.

There is no tweaking needed on your laptop, it's all on the phone. As far as the laptop is concerned, the phone is just another wifi router.

If you want to use the backdoor (a.k.a. rooting/jailbreaking), you'll have to search for instructions specific to your phone model i'm afraid. I'll have to recommend that you post in the mobile phones section of the forum or use google. You're facing a phone issue, not a laptop/mobile one.:(

Back