Using E-Sim in iPhone XS Max

maverick786us

2[H]4U
I just got an unlocked iPhone XS Max. My main sim is still connected with my iPhone 6s Plus, which is still running great. Is there a way i can use e-Sim for my Max in such a way that, when I turn off my iPhone 6s, it should automatically enable network in Max?

We would need to know more. eSIM can work depending on your carrier, and Country.

Why not remove the sim with the ejector tool/ small paperclip on the right side and put it in the XS Max?

Will work fine & activate.

Alright, I just talked to AT&T technical team and they told me the procedure for enabling E-Sim with my existing contact #. But they also said that once I activate e-Sim, my physical SIM will be disabled.

I am not sure if these people had the sufficient knowledge, but when I asked them that Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE also uses E-Sim, and in this case, the physical sim and E-Sim works together, why in case if iPhone XS Max the physical sim will be disabled? They had no proper answer.

Sorry, just saw this. I work for Apple, but won't go into too much detail. As you probably know, if you use the e-SIM in the Apple Watch, it must be the same Carrier as your iPhone. I just don't want to assume here. The iPhone will need a physical SIM card to support itself and the Apple Watch. It won't technically be disabled, but it will not work with your iPhone like your newly activated e-SIM for AT&T.

Hope this helps.

PS: The eSIM in the Apple Watch needs an extra piece of hardware (the physical SIM) to properly work it's LTE.

Sorry, just saw this. I work for Apple, but won't go into too much detail. As you probably know, if you use the e-SIM in the Apple Watch, it must be the same Carrier as your iPhone. I just don't want to assume here. The iPhone will need a physical SIM card to support itself and the Apple Watch. It won't technically be disabled, but it will not work with your iPhone like your newly activated e-SIM for AT&T.

Hope this helps.

PS: The eSIM in the Apple Watch needs an extra piece of hardware (the physical SIM) to properly work it's LTE.

Not just same carrier but the same number, if my iPhone is switched off or not with me, I can receive phone calls on my watch. It won't disable my physical sim
So if I use my iPhone XS Max for e-Sim, technically that MAX too us using e-Sim like the watch, so why both won't work?

The way the eSIMs work is basically similar to call and text forwarding. Internally to your carrier, the eSIM actually has a different number.

Back