Using CrackBerry's Internationally

robbay686

Weaksauce
I had this debate with a couple of friends last night and we couldn't quite seem to figure out the "correct" answer.

When you're using your BlackBerry internationally, let's say from Canada INSIDE the US where you have a domestic talk, text and data plan..... you obviously are going to pay roaming charges for your actual voice service (ie making calls).

BUTTTTTTTT when it comes to pin-ing and using BBM, how does that work exactly??

I can't seem to grasp the entire concept as of yet. I was under the impression that PIN to PIN was free internationally or domestically no matter what.

But do you still pay overages or fees for using the data network to send PIN msgs inside the other country ? If you turn off your data services for things such as email and whatnot does PIN and BBM still work free of charge?

Would it matter if you unlocked your phone, purchased a pay as you go plan (for the local voice) and still used your pin to msg friends / family.

The debate came up becuase about 15 of us are going to Vegas in a little while and 3/4 of us have crackberrys, so a few of us were talking about what to do and such while in the US.

Thanks!!

I guess you consider it a sin to ask for further clarification regarding some topics.

Back